Glen Burnie Travel Guide

Front of our former apartment building
    by grandmaR
  • From the light rail (probably not Glen Burnie)
    From the light rail (probably not Glen...
    Collage

Glen Burnie Hotels

Glen Burnie Restaurants

• by rule144k Updated Apr 4, 2011

Well, my girlfriend and I went here on Monday, January 24, 2005. We sat down, had a very friendly server. We got our food and we noticed her baked potato was very leathery and just looked horrible and was hard. Waitress apologized and got her some fries (they had no more potatoes left). My potato was fine, then I noticed in it that there was a big greenish brownish hunk of mold. Very disgusting. The lettuce garnishing the plate was brown and limp and kind of slimy to the touch. The manager came over and said that she would "make the bill right" which ended up maning she took off 10%...a whopping $3 for serving us moldy food.

They had live trivia there that night. The "host" was dull, lifeless, had absolutely no personality. He caused me to snore on many occasions.

So if you're looking for food that will make you sick and a place that will bore you to death, definitely check out this hell hole.

Favorite Dish: I had ribs which were underdone and chicken that was rubbery. I highly reccommend their coca cola. It wasn't flat.

Enter with caution

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were coming back from my husband's aunt's funeral (both dressed nicely) and I thought we should go somewhere more upscale than McDonalds for dinner. Last time we were up we ate down in Pasadena and we had passed this place. I remembered it and thought they had the trivia game so we decided to go here.

This is actually a very casual place. There is an actual fireplace (not in use at the moment), and there are automobile license plates tacked up on all the beams. The ends of the booths are shaped like big hot air balloons. There is a bar, and TVs on sports events, and the lottery. But they don't have the trivia games anymore.

Specials include

The Happy Hour That Never Ends Drink Specials 3-11

Thursday Night Lobster Night
    $10.95 Lobster
    $14.95 Lobster Dinner

Friday nights they have a Live Band and Dancing.
    They have a children's menu for under $3.00

Hours:
    Monday: 11 to Midnight
    Tuesday - Saturday: 11to 1 a.m.
    Sunday: 12 to 12

Favorite Dish: It was Friday night, so the noise levels were fairly high from the band but not impossible.

We decided to have the $14.95 lobster dinner from the specials chalked on a board. This included vegetables (carrots and green beans in this case and the green beans were crisp and not soggy), a roll (not hot), a starch (I got curly fries and Bob had a baked potato), and a good sized lobster (photo inset).

I looked at the dessert tray, but it was pretty uninspired. Since the waitress brought it, I had a lemon cake which was reasonably good.

The service was not very quick from order to food, and the waitress kept trying to hurry us along. I don't know if this was because we were drinking iced tea or what - because the place was half empty.

The bill before the tip was $38.17

Bob walking in - inset of inside, lobster and cake
    • Singles

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Greenhouse Grill was founded in 1999 so we didn't have many opportunities to visit this place. And I can never remember the name which keeps me from telling Bob that's where I want to eat. But they have good food and good service, and it is popular.

Favorite Dish: A traditional American menu, including lunch specials and weekend brunch. Usually we go for the Sunday morning brunch when we come up.

We went for lunch yesterday (March 2005), and Bob had a sandwich and chips, and I had a chicken wrap and pasta salad and iced tea. The total before tip was $13.60.

There is a web page, but I think the link is broken because I can't get it to work.

Menu, food and restaurant
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Glen Burnie

Comments

Glen Burnie Travel Guide
Map of Glen Burnie