Linthicum Heights Travel Guide

Dessert case at the entrance
    by grandmaR
  • Salad (the waiter gave us Parmesan on the side)
    Salad (the waiter gave us Parmesan on...
    Entrance

Linthicum Heights Hotels

Linthicum Heights Restaurants

Bob's crab cake sandwich $15.00 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Feb 3, 2014

I decided this time we would go back to G&M Restaurant for dinner. We had been here in the past but it was a at least 15 years ago and Bob did not remember it. I saw it on the trip that we went to Olive Grove. The directions from the hotel said to go through 8 lights and it would be on the right. Well it was, but it wasn't right after the 8th light. The parking lot is in the back and the door there leads you through the bar. We got there early - since it was Friday night that was a good thing.

Favorite Dish: I tried really hard not to order to much, but without success. I had the broccoli Alfredo special which was very good but I had not realized that it was just broccoli and pasta. They brought rolls which were yeasty, and a small salad and garlic bread came with it. Garlic bread was too salty.

Bob had Maryland crab soup which he likes more than I do, and a crab cake sandwich, which looked good. They asked him if he wanted it on bread or crackers and he said bread - I don't know wy. He doesn't eat the bread. It also came with fries.

• Seniors

Dessert case at the entrance 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Nov 1, 2013

The hotel gave us a list of nearby restaurants, and I remembered several of them from when we lived up in this area. So I picked the Olive Grove. The restaurant was more or less as I remembered it with a decor from the 50s. They have a Banquet area with a separate entrance and also apparently you can order and pick up your dinner. Bob did not at first know exactly where the restaurant was.

We were greeted enthusiastically at the door. and seated in a booth. The service was good without being intrusive. The waiter noticed when Bob needed more water.

Favorite Dish: I had a glass of cranberry juice for $2.75, and the waiter then brought us breadsticks and a salad for both of us which had Italian dressing (the only option) and also we had a big heap of fresh grated Parmesan in a little dish on the side, since I like it and Bob doesn't.

Bob had the Maryland Crab soup $4.99 and a half rack of ribs with a baked potato $12.95
    I had the single crab cake $17.95 with two sides and I picked the garlic mashed potatoes and pasta. The pasta was spaghetti with a big dollop of sauce on it - if I had known what it was, I would have asked for less sauce. The whole thing was too much for us to eat and we had to pass on the desserts which they had displayed in a case at the entrance.

• Seniors

Linthcum Luncheteria after 5 pm 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Jun 28, 2003

We discovered this very small Korean run place which was only a couple of miles from our house in Brooklyn Park, and it quickly became a favorite.

We couldn't eat dinner here because it closed at 4 or 5 o'clock, but it was a local favorite for Sunday Brunch. There were big round booth tables and regular tables and booths. And there was a big screen TV.

If the time was right for it we ate here often. I even brought my mom here once. It was a favorite of mine.

Favorite Dish: The menus were mostly painted on the walls. I usually got Kung Pao chicken and Bob usually got a sandwich. But sometimes we ordered a breakfast instead. And they also had soft serve ice cream.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Linthicum Heights

Comments

Linthicum Heights Travel Guide
Map of Linthicum Heights