North East Travel Guide

Eagerly anticipating seafood...
    by cjg1
    Enjoying a fun lunch at Woody's
    by cjg1
    Liz and I enjoying our drinks (May 2010)

North East Hotels

101 Hotel Plaza

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Couples

• Comfort Inn & Suites North East

1 Center Drive, (formerly Crystal Inn North East), North East, Maryland, 21901, United States

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Solo

North East Restaurants

by cjg1 Updated Nov 4, 2010

Woody's Ice Cream Alley is owned by the same people as Woody's Crab House located next door. The store had several cow statues in the front as you walked up the path to the door. The store is small with a few tables for two scattered in the back. The flavor selection isn't huge but they had some incredible looking specialty flavors such as Strawberry Cheesecake which I later wished I had chosen.

Liz decided on a chocolate waffle cone while I selected the Vanilla Bean cone. The portions were rather large and the ice cream was very creamy. This was a perfect finish after a huge meal next door at Woody's; after all there is always room for ice cream.

Favorite Dish: The Vanilla Bean ice cream was very rich and creamy. Black flecks of vanilla bean were clearly distributed throughout the ice cream which gave it a good vanilla flavor.

Enjoying my Vanilla Bean Cone (May 2010) Liz's chocolate cone The Cowboy Cow welcomes you...

by cjg1 Updated Nov 4, 2010

On many of our roadtrips south on I-95, we have seen signs advertising Woody's Crab House. At first we thought how good could it be if it's advertised on the highway but decided to check it out for ourselves; especially after we read rave reviews about it in guide book. The restaurant is situated on Main Street which was pretty busy with traffic but we managed to find a parking space right across the street.

When we entered we gave our name and were told the wait was twenty five minutes. A pager was handed to us and we headed to the bar. The bar was rather large with plenty of seating at the bar and along the wall. Liz and I had a seat at the bar and ordered some drinks; a Miller Lite for me and a club soda with lime for Liz. There was a large barrel of peanuts with dishes on the side of the bar for patrons to grab and munch. We took a small portion of peanuts and were surprised how fresh and unsalted they were.

After a few minutes of talking at the bar our pager went off; it was barely ten minutes of waiting. The hostess showed us to the dining room and sat us a booth by a window. The dining room was packed with families; after all it was Mother's Day but it wasn't a loud or crowded atmosphere. The dining room was casual with several tables in the center of the room and booths lining the perimeter. The tables were covered in plain brown paper and crayons were in a cup on the table for the kids( Liz still played with them anyway).

We started to peruse the large menu and Mother's Day specials when our waitress Lisa arrived to take our drink orders. I just wanted a water since I was driving but Liz decided on a Margarita on the Rocks with salt. Liz loved her Margarita which was served in a huge tubler glass and rimmed with flake salt. By the time our drinks arrived we had decided on our meal choices: The Net Buster for me and the 1 pound Lobster Tail from the special's Menu for Liz. Both meals came with a choice of two sides. I ordered the twice baked potato and the broccoli and cheese casserole. Liz wanted the twice baked potatoe and the hushpupies. We dediced on the crab and artichoke dip as an appetizer. The menu is filled with an assortment of seafood prepared broiled, boiled and fried. They also have some land items but why order steak when you're at a place called "Woody's Crab House"?

Our appetizer arrived hot and bubbly with some multicolored tortilla chips. Wow, the dip was incredible with large artichoke chunks, crab meat and cheese. The tortilla chips were very fresh and had the perfect amount of salt. Neddless to say we finished the whole potion and were very satisfied. Our entress arrived shortly after and Wow the portions were huge. Liz's mouth was wide open at the size of her Lobster Tail. Even the amount of food for the side dishes were large. My entree included a Lobster Tail, Clams, Crab Imperial, Crab Cake, shrimp and crab legs...it was a total seafood experience which I loved. Liz loved her Lobster Tail and
    raved about the sweetness of the Lobster meat.

The food was incredible and I barely fished my meal; leaving most of the side dishes untouched save a few bites. Liz finished her entire Lobster Tail and managed to eat a few hush puppies. We told our waitress Lisa that we surrendered and couldn't eat another bite. This was an amazing meal with delicious food and outstanding service. I can't wait for our return.

Favorite Dish: The crab and artichoke dip was incredible. I'd have to say hand down it is the best I have had anywhere. The Net Buster was a perfect choice for me since I love a variety of seafood. The King Cran Legs and Lobster Tail were my favorite but the clams, shrimp and crab cakes were very good as well. The Brocolli and cheese casserole was tasty but just too heavy for a side dish and the twice baked potato was very nice. I am usually not a fan of Hush Puppies but decided to try one of Liz's. I was surprised at how good they were and that I actually liked them.

Lobster Tail, Twice Baked Potato & Hush Puppies Broccoli & Cheese Casserole The Net Buster Crab & Artichoke dip Liz's Margarita
    • Beer Tasting

• North East Hotels

4 Hotels in North East

North East Nightlife

by cjg1 Updated May 11, 2010

The bar at Woody's was our first stop in the restaurant. We had given our name to the hostess and decided to grab some drinks during our wait. The bar is pretty large with plenty of seating at the bar itself and along the wall. Liz and I grabbed two seats at the bar to get comfortable. I ordered a Miller Lite for me and a club soda with lime for Liz. There was a large barrel of roasted peanuts in the shells with little cups. Liz scooped up a cupfull for us to enjoy at the bar. The peanuts were actually very good; nice and fresh and not salted.

We enjoyed a nice time relaxing at the bar with our drinks and recapping the weekends events. We were at the bar about ten minutes and our table was ready; I was a bit dissapointed since we were having a good time at the bar.

Dress Code: Very casual. Most customers were in jeans, shorts and tee shirts. I felt overdressed in a buttondown shirt.

Liz and I enjoying our drinks (May 2010) My Miller Lite Liz's Club Soda with Lime and Peanuts
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: North East

Comments

North East Travel Guide
Map of North East