Ocean City Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ocean City

• Caruso Pizza: Don't eat here!!! Manager treats people like trash

by xray2fish Written Apr 12, 2014

DO NOT EAT HERE!!! The manager is nasty and a total jerk!!!!! When eating today in their business, my son dropped his cup by the trash can. He started to laugh at himself, while he was picking up the ice. The nasty jerk manager came behind him and said a rude comment behind him. I then said to him excuse me sir but I was giving him a napkin he was cleaning it up! Then he proceeded to say more rude comments to me. As we were walking out the owner was standing there, I said I'm very sorry but my son was trying to clean his mess, I looked at the manager again I told him I didn't like his rude comments toward my son. But he didn't leave it there on the boardwalk in front of a crowd of people he called me Humpty Dumpty!! The proceeded to say the nursery rhyme in my face!! Now as you can guess I'm not a small women, but that was inappropriate and very ignorant!! How do you call a paying customer that and then just walk away!!! So take my advice you walk by 3 other pizza places go to them before you walk in that door!!! I will be making sure everyone knows about that place and the nasty manager who works there!!!!!

• Dead Freddies Island Grill 64th street: Horrible Manager. Please Read!!!!!

by MikeForth Written Sep 3, 2011

If I could give Dead Freddies no stars I would but they should feel privileged with the one I am giving them. Food good? Yes, Atmosphere fun? Yes. Manager with the worst customer service ever? YES! Let me first say, I am one not to complain and this is my first review of any restaurant. Have I had bad food before or terrible service? I think we can relate to some kind of sub par or below par restaurant experience but what happen to us on Aug. 22, 2011, will keep me writing reviews like this until that manager changes her ways. So, we (my wife and two children - 6 and 8) decided to go to Dead Freddies in Ocean City for dinner. Got there about 5:00 p.m. and had about a 45 minute wait. No problem, that seemed really reasonable with the wait we had at other restaurants that week. We finally got seated and had a very nice waitress, Britt. She took our drink orders and we starting looking at the menu. The first thing Dead Freddies needs to do is realize the public is not hidden from the fact that putting chips on a plate obviously helps your bottom line versus having french fries like most other reputable restaurants do. So, this is not my complaint but part of the deception this manager does to her patrons. So, add chips to a plate which already costs about $1 more than other comparable restaurants. Then if you want fries add more money. Deception #2, again not my real complain but just showing you how this manager works. Is the coupon in the Ocean City fliers for Get a Free Kids Meal with the purchase of an adult entree. Well, anywhere you go, an entree is considered anything on the menu but the appetizers or soups. If you go to the Greene Turtle, an entree is the burger and fries or the Blackened Tuna. So, I ask Britt (our waitress) before we ordered if the coupon applies to only the entree listed items on the menu or the other meals. Britt said, I am so glad you asked, we have so many people not realize it is only the entrees listed on the menu. So, since we were there for some wraps and burgers, I didn't want to spend the $23 for the seafood platter just to get a $7.00 kids meal for free. YES! $7.00 dollars for a kids meal. Again, the manager makes the kids meals high because she knows kids come here to eat. Again, not my major complaint but several variables that explain the managers behaviors. So back to the coupon, Britt explained that a lot of people don't realize that and get upset when the coupon does not work. HELLO!!! MRS. MANAGER, you want to know why a lot of people get upset? It's called deception. So, the real complaint and reason I am writing this one star review is we placed our order. My daughter got the cheese quesadillas from the kids menu. Again, $7.00. So our food comes out. Mine and my wife's wrap were pretty good. Again, with chips and $1 more than other restaurants. My son also liked his chicken nuggets (Planks) he got (again $7 for a kids meal). So the trouble came when my daughter got her two very small tortilla shell 1/4 wedges and took one bite and didn't like them. My daughter is not picky and usually eats everything. I took a small bite and they were bland and hardly any cheese in them. This $7.00 kids meal had to cost about 40 cents to Dead Freddies but they need to make profit some how. So, I asked my daughter if she wanted something else to eat and she said she would take the chicken nuggets. Mind you the chicken nuggets were of only two small chicken pieces. So, when our waitress Britt came to check on us I politely, as I always am, asked if we could substitute out these two quesadillas for the chicken nuggets. I told her we don't want a whole new meal. We don't need new fries just the chicken from the kids menu. She looked at me like, "my boss isn't going to like this" and she obviously knew the answer. So, mind you, mind daughter took one bite the size out of her cheese quesadilla. She didn't finish them and say I didn't like them and it wasn't a $23 adult meal that we asked to replace. It was two small 3x3 wedges with barely any cheese on them that had to cost, like I said, less than 40 cents to Dead Freddies and they were charging $7 for the meal. The waitress came back and said, she is sorry but her manager said NO, if we wanted the chicken nuggets would have to buy another $7 kids meal for the two pieces of chicken and the fries in which we weren't asking for. WHAT??? You cannot be kidding me. I told Britt, " are you serious"? She said it wasn't her fault but her manager said if, "If we did this then everyone would ask for it too". We told Britt, it was not her fault but we were really upset and just wanted our check. We left in disgust and told Britt that we will never come here again and will tell everyone we can about this experience. What I also find funny is the reviews on Dead Freddies website are controlled by Dead Freddies and you cannot post a negative comment. Again, deception to the public.

• jr's ribs ocean city: run fast!

by bfrolls Updated Apr 4, 2011

hard time communicating with staff, bad food..need I say more? mock vegetable "crab" soup, burnt cheese burger, boiled steak instead of broiled steak and very cold, garlic and herb chicken had almost inch thick crust of something on it that tasted so funny that it was returned to the kitchen, lundon broil was overcooked and dry....dont waste your time...this was all on an off night..not busy at all...

Favorite Dish: soda and bread

• RIPKEN_HOF's Profile Photo

Watermans Seafood Restaurant: Watermans Seafood ALL U C Eat = STAY AWAY !!!

by RIPKEN_HOF Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you want to waste your money , eat here..yuck
    Waitress could not keep up with 4 tables? This is an All u can eat, you can forsee what will be needed if people are eating at your tables.

Quality not that good..
    How can u steam crabs/shrimp W/O seasoning? Made them taste BLAHHHHH
    Overcooked chicken,hush puppies...WOW the fries were OK..

Our group (2 adults,4 teens and 18 m.o.) was seated in a booth for 4...the more people they get in , the faster the turn-over is=$$$

Took 1 hr for my Sons' C.Burger/fries to come out...

Noticed the couple next to us were leaving, asked to more (Wife and I) over to that booth , Hostess( 25 y.o. w/long black hair) said NO ,that's a different server..Well guess what, NO one sat at that booth the rest of the night... FIRE HER !!

Go someplace else...NOT WORTH IT !!!!

Favorite Dish: the mints while leaving ...................

• Lilasel's Profile Photo

Dining in OC

by Lilasel Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fresh OC seafood (photo from the magazine)

Dining out can be the highlight of any visitor's day at the beach, particulary when it involves fresh seafood, Chesapeake Bay Bluecrabs, choice beef or one of many other specialities found in and around Ocean City. There are over 160 restaurants in this area.

• Ocean at 33rd: Best breakfast in OC

by Punkin44 Written Mar 29, 2010

Located on the 2nd floor of the Holiday INN at 33rd Street. Very nice, recently redone room, with a limited ocean view. Open only for breakfast, quiet, very good food, decent prices, and good service. Waffles and French toast are excellent. Call before to make sure they are open, hours sometimes change. One of OC's hidden gems. Not to many are aware of this place. We hope it can continue. One of our favorites.

Favorite Dish: The waffles were delicious and hot when served!

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• Tony's Pizza: Tony's Pizza - not very good pizza!

by agbuggin Written Nov 30, 2008

We visit Ocean City several times a year. Each time we eat at a new place. This past weekend, which is not a seasonal weekend, we visited Tony's Pizza because it was one of the few open and close to the stores where we were shopping. We assumed that we would be able to order anything off the full menu, but noticed a paper plate at the entrance on which the words "pizza only" were written. Okay, pizza only would be acceptable since we were very hungry and we like pizza.

We were seated by a waitress who handed us a menu, even though we were given three choices only from which to choose: pizza, french fries, and mozzarella sticks. Unfortunately, one of the drinks we ordered was no longer available (and this was early in the afternoon!). The waitress was snippy when we asked what drinks were available. After ordering our pizza (which was very expensive!), we waited longer than usual to receive it. When we finally received it, the first bite told us how awful it was. The crust was so hard that you almost needed a steak knife to cut through it and it tasted more salty that a saltine cracker!

I would not recommend the pizza to anyone, especially considering how much it cost! Please, save your money...

Favorite Dish: Not the pizza!

• LadyXoc's Profile Photo

Phillips Crab House: An Ocean City Tradition

by LadyXoc Updated Jun 24, 2008

This is known as the most popular dining destination In Ocean City. I can't eat like this In Illinios. This location is the original established in 1956. It can be crowded and noisy but I wouldn't miss going! Foods great :)
    Steamed hard shell crabs, soft crab, cab cakes, Mahi Mahi, Flounder, Clam Bake for two.......

Favorite Dish: I always always get steamed had shell crabs for dinner. If I am there for lunch then probably a crab cake sandwhich.
    MENU

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Phillip's Seafood House: Ocean City Standby

by grandmaR Updated Oct 27, 2007

Daughter and grandson c 1998

My son-in-law likes to vacation at the beach in Delaware. They rent a house for a week. Sometimes one or more of my daughter's siblings come along, and sometimes my son-in-laws mom also comes along. A couple of times I've spent a couple of days there.

One of the days, they usually come down to the Ocean City boardwalk and this restaurant is a favorite of theirs.

They have a full service restaurant, a buffet and carryout service.

Favorite Dish: I no longer remember what we ate, but I assume it was seafood. Portions of their menu

All entrees served with fresh baked bread and butter, and a choice of two of the following: Homemade Cole Slaw, Homemade Potato Salad, Apple Sauce, French Fries, Baked Potato, Baked Sweet Potato, Rice Pilaf, Fresh Vegetable of the Day or Garden Salad.

Fresh Fish
    Get any of our fish topped with Crab Imperial for an extra charge

* Broiled Flounder
    Tender Fluke filet broiled and topped with toasted almonds
    * Mahi-Mahi
    Cashew crusted Mahi, served with a spicy sweet Caribbean pepper jelly
    * Red Snapper
    A tender filet grilled and basted with apple chipotle glaze

Seafood Selections

* Phillips Crab Cakes
    Made from Phillips original recipe and fried to perfection
    * Crab Imperial
    The House Specialty topped with cheddar cheese
    * Crab Lumps Sauteed
    Lump Crabmeat sauteed in butter and lightly seasoned
    * Crab Smithfield
    Lump crabmeat sauteed with butter and seasonings, topped with Smithfield Ham
    * Fried Oysters
    Fresh Oysters hand breaded then deep fried to a golden brown
    * Steamed Shrimp Dinner
    One full pound of medium steamed shrimp, lightly seasoned and served with cocktail sauce
    * Sauteed Sea Scallops
    Lightly floured and seasoned with tomatoes and garlic
    * Broiled Lobster Tail (11 oz.)
    Broiled in lemon and butter

Combination Platters

* Broiled Seafood Platter
    One broiled Premium Crab Cake, three shrimp, three sea scallops, and 6oz Mahi filet
    Add a petite crab imperial for an extra charge
    * Fried Seafood Platter
    One Phillips Crab Cake, four shrimp, fried Tilapia, and three sea scallops
    Add a petite broiled Crab Imperial for an extra charge
    * Surf and Turf
    Broiled 5oz Lobster Tail paired with a 6oz Filet Mignon; Also available stuffed with Crab Imperial
    * Eastern Shore Combination
    A Phillips Crabcake, Virginia baked ham and Maryland fried chicken

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

Hoopers: All you can eat crabs!!!!

by ctorres1979 Written Jun 11, 2007

This place is the best. We just went yesterday and I can't wait to go back!.. I never knew crabs could be so good!.. Among four of us we finished at least fifty of them. I am really a huge seafood lover and critic of restaurants that serve them but this one really does it right!

Favorite Dish: Just get the crabs!! Oh yeah I forgot that we also ordered some raw clams too that were delicious.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

JR's Ribs

by Ewingjr98 Updated Dec 2, 2006

JR's is undoubtedly the most popular and successful BBQ restaurant in Ocean City. With 3 locations along the beach, you are never too far from JR's. Their specialties are baby back ribs and beef ribs, but they also offer a good variety of seafood, steaks, and chicken.

I had the full rack of baby back ribs for $19. That is a little pricy for ribs, and the rack was smaller than average. It was very tasty, though!

JR's also has a good variety of beer including Killians on tap, domestic bottles, and import bottles from Guinness to Corona.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Hudak's on the Boards

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jul 10, 2006

Hudak's is a locally owned restaurant on the Ocean City boardwalk. They have just about everything including breakfast, pizza, gyros, hamburgers, fries, you name it. They also offer beer, soft drinks, and bottled water.

Our only problem was the cost... $18.00 for two small sandwiches and two 1-Liter bottles of water! I guess we paid for the convenience of eating on the boardwalk.

• Pizza Boy: AVOID PIZZA BOY ON THE BOARDWALK!!!

by sauravghosh Written Aug 20, 2005

We couldn't even try the food because we couldn't get past their beverage on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2005 (late afternoon). Their customer service is sooo poor, that you can't even ask for a packet of ketchup as a paying customer. That's right, a packet of ketchup was denied to us when we had just paid $2.00 for a medium pepsi. Their explanation was, "You HAVE to purchase our FOOD in order to receive our condiments." Is that ridiculous or what? Turns out the manager is just as ignorant. Please, do yourself a favor and avoid a place where paying customers are rudely treated and dismissed.

Favorite Dish: The reason they gave for this rather stupid policy is that Thrasher's Fries, which does remarkably good business for mediocre fries, does not offer ketchup -- and they are rather rude about that, too. Rather than take advantage of this lack, Pizza Boy decides to have a rude policy that ignores customer service. If they only put up a sign saying "Get 3 free packets of Ketchup for your Thrasher's Fries with every purchase of a medium Pepsi!" they would steal away customers from Thrasher's fries or other establishments, at such a minimal cost as to be negligible (I really don't think 3 packets of ketchup would even come close to hurting their profit margin on $2 medium pepsi's). "Ignorance is bliss" seems to be the motto of this establishment.

• Study Abroad

Bagels N' Buns: Bagels / food / beer / Tiki bar

by RIPKEN_HOF Written Aug 15, 2005

want bagels;
    sesame,plain,egg,rye,garlic,poppy,whle wheat,blueberry,pumpernickel,onion,7 grain,,energy,sun-dried tomato,veggie,jalepeno.....so on..
    spreads;
    Nova Lox,c.cheese,hummus,chives,...capers..
    Fish;
    Nova Lox,Sable,Kippered Salmon,Whiter fish..

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
    Gyros
    Tiki Bar n Grill
    cofffee by the lb., beer / wine , ice

BJ's ON THE WATER: GREAT bayfront saloon

by RIPKEN_HOF Updated Aug 9, 2005

come on inn

In its 26 th year , so something is right !
    everything is great in this place..from the Smoked Moutain Trout,Oysters Chesapeake salad to the 1 lb. burger!
    A seafood lovers dream on Entrees.
    to the micro-brews and wine list...

H.Hour 4-7pm
    Frozen drinks galore..

plus live music W,F and Sat..NO cover

don't forget the duck feedings at 1pm daily..

as the slogan goes..

One cannot live well, love well, or think well, until one has dined well...........

Favorite Dish: Crab cakes

awesome lump meat..seasoned well

Instant Answers: Ocean City

Comments

Ocean City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ocean City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ocean City sightseeing.