Odenton Travel Guide

Odenton Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Sign on the road 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

I do not know how I found this place initially. It is not on a main road and doesn't advertise much. It is at the end of the road in an old wooden house.

It is very popular at lunch with local workers - has a lunch specials menu every workday. There also used to be a buffet dinner on Friday nights that we would go for.

Sometimes we would eat in the booths in the back and sometimes in the room closest to the parking lot where we could go through and get the buffet.

They also have steamed crabs. They also have special dinners for Father's Day and other events. I bought my SIL named Jim a T-Shirt with "Jim's Hideaway" on it plus a picture of a crab.

Other attractions (from the website):

* FREE Pool on Sundays

Wednesday Night Horseshoes starts in April

NASCAR on Saturday and Sunday - Draft Beer & Food

*CARRY OUT AND CATERING * *

Favorite Dish: The menu has entrees, a Seniors menu, a children's menu, a sandwich menu, and specials every night. Monday is lobster with one side, Tuesday is Seafood Combo or Meatloaf, Wednesday is Crab Fluff or Steak and Crabcake, Thursday is Pork Chops or Fried Whiting, Friday Shrimp Scampi or Lobster with two sides. Saturday Lobster with two sides or Fried Orange Roughy.

Last time we went, it was Tuesday. The specials were meatloaf or the Seafood Combo which was $20 or a Crab Feast for $28.95 (Sunday to Wednesday). The seafood combo was Orange Roughy, 4 shrimp, 2 oysters, a crabcake and 2 hush puppies.

Bob had the half pound of steamed shrimp which came with two sides (2nd picture) which was about $13. Bob had cole slaw and a baked potato, although he though the shrimp were somewhat scanty to be a half pound.

I had the meatloaf, but not the special - I had the seniors menu meatloaf which was (the waitress told us) a little smaller portion, but unlike the specials, had another side in addition to the mashed potatoes. The price was the same $7.00.

They were a little light on dessert, offering only a double chocolate bundt cake or a lemon crunch cake. I had the lemon cake. The whole dinner was $23.63 for two of us before tip.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Odenton

Comments

Odenton Travel Guide
Map of Odenton