Prince Frederick Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Prince Frederick

Adam's the Place for "Ribs": BBQ Ribs

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

My small rack $10.95

There are two big rib places around here. Damons which is a national chain, and Adam's Ribs.

The Bagdasian family opened "Adam's the Place for Ribs" in 1981 after operating at the original location in Edgewater, Maryland as a neighborhood restaurant since 1965. They have since opened four other locations. They also cater events such as Golf Tournaments or weddings, and they will deliver their ribs anywhere in the US.

We were on our way back from Annapolis on Saturday Oct 11, 2003 and we stopped off for dinner at the Prince Frederick location. This restaurant is in a log cabin, but it was raining so I didn't want to take a photo of the outside of it. I did take some pictures in the summer of 2006 when we stopped here again.

The tables were covered with red oilcloth and the inside of the restaurant was also logs.

Favorite Dish: I considered having the coconut shrimp appetizer, but eventually settled for a small rack for $10.95 with a side of green beans (the vegetable of the day $1.75), pink lemonade and a home made key lime pie. I thought the green beens had a little to much garlic, but they were fresh ones, and nicely cooked. The meat was spicy and could be eaten from the bones with a fork.

Bob had a regular small rack (I didn't want the french fries that came with that which is why I ordered ala cart) for $12.95, and iced tea.

Our bill without the tip was $32.66.

The soup of the day was cream of crab, and they also had steaks, rockfish, tuna, crab cakes and other seafood.

Mom's In the Kitchen Cafe: From Baked Goods to Restaurant

by grandmaR Written Aug 6, 2007
    Store front

A little history about Mom and Mom's in the Kitchen from their website:

Mom's in the Kitchen started in 1991. We rented out kitchen space from a local restaurant and baked for offices and sold our baked goods at the Calvert County Farmer's Market. Having five children, I was used to baking and cooking and catering a lot at school, scouts, team dinners, etc. Within a few months, Mom's in the Kitchen became full service caterers. In 1992, our first retail space was opened in the Calvert Village Shopping Center. In 1994, Mom's in the Kitchen partnered with Robert's Deli to grow the catering side of the business separate from the retail portion. After 10 years of providing full service catering for weddings, business meetings, family reunions, corporate conferences, memorial receptions and holiday parties, Mom's in the Kitchen moved from a very small space of 700 square feet to the Prince Frederick Shopping Center and opened a café/bar/carryout. We now have seating in the café for 65 and a banquet/meeting room for up to 25. Our same standards of fresh, creative menus and superb service at competitive prices in catering have carried over to our café mission. Our casual American cuisine is enhanced by daily specials for lunch and dinner as well as Sunday Brunch. Our staff is here to make your total dining experience something special.

Trish Weaver - Owner

Favorite Dish: Bob had a hamburger and I had Monterey Chicken

• Seniors

Red Hot and Blue: Memphis Pit Bar-B-Que

by grandmaR Updated Apr 12, 2007
    Jumbo pig Sand. with pot. salad and slaw $6.89

Red, Hot and Blue has locations in Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and D.C. in addition to the five locations that they have in Maryland, and they also cater food, which I've had at a bbq held by my sister at the rehearsal dinner. Her food was from the one up in Annapolis.

I gave my husband several places we could go for dinner last night, and he didn't want to go here, but he gave in and we went. Afterwards he said it wasn't so bad.

They have three kinds of BBQ. Wet, Dry and Sweet. Dry is with cajan spices rubbed in. They have samples of the various kinds of sauces on the table.

Total before tip was $25.00

Favorite Dish: He had a Jumbo pulled pork sandwich which came with sides of potato salad and cole slaw for $6.89.

I had the Delta Double, which was two kinds of BBQ with two sides and two little corn muffins. The sides would have normally been baked beans and cole slaw, but I had them substitute greens for the cole slaw and the greens were very good. I got pulled pork as one kind of BBQ and sweet ribs as the other one. The pulled pork was good (as were the beans and the corn muffins) but the sweet BBQ ribs were a little crunchy - the outside was hard and the meat was not as tender as I would have liked. Still, it was more than I could eat if I wanted to have a dessert

The dessert menu had several things crossed out including creme brulee. Although they took the main menu away after we ordered, they had dessert menus hanging on the pole next to our booth. I got the fruit cobbler which I liked very much.

Bob Evans: Breakfast for Dinner

by grandmaR Updated Mar 15, 2007
    Bob Evans from the road

We stopped at the Bob Evans on the way home Saturday. I didn't want a buffet, because I was tired. And we had just had Mexican and prior to that had BBQ. So we stopped at Bob Evans.

Favorite Dish: I decided I wanted dessert, and in order to have room for it, I wanted something light. So I had the The Good Egg (photo 2) which is a Senior's Breakfast consisting of one egg cooked-to-order, with bacon and two freshly baked biscuits. I had my egg over light, and I mopped up the juicy part of the egg with one of the biscuits. Bob had a Senior's Open-Faced Roast Beef over Texas toast served with mashed potatoes. Then afterwards I had enough room for the Oreo Cookie and Cream cake.

We could also have had a lunch as pictured in the last photo

• Seniors

Old Field Inn: Extra Charge for Not Ordering an Entree

by grandmaR Updated Mar 8, 2007

Old Field Inn

This is a very fancy restaurant with - for this area - very fancy prices. We had a coupon which stated that we would get 1/2 price on the second entree, and our bill was still $45+ with $9.50 deducted.

The menu is divided into two sections. Small Plates and Large Plates. The Small Plates are appetizers, salads and soups. BE WARNED. If you attempt to get a cheaper meal by ordering an appetizer and a salad, they will add a $4 surcharge.

The service was very attentive - our water glasses were refilled promptly and without asking. The table was de-crumbed for us. Dishes were added and removed as required without any delay.

The restaurant is housed in what seems to be an old house. There are several high ceilinged little dining rooms, with tables and tableclothes. There is a working fireplace (photo 4) in one of the rooms.

We went on a Thursday and there were very few diners there. Maybe it is busier on the weekends.

Favorite Dish: We drank hot tea because it was cold outside, and they provided additional hot water. They gave us a selection of teas to choose from. We were given a ceramic crock of butter and each had one hot sourdough roll.

Bob ordered North Atlantic salmon for $19.00 which came with asparagus and hollandaise sauce on it, plus the chef's vegetable, which in this case was carrots, and zuchinni with an edible blossom on top. He also had a baked potato.

I had the crab, asparagus and ham in puff pastry for $21.00 (photo 2). The asparagus I got was tiny, and the many tiny cubes of ham made the dish a little salty, but the crab was very good, and so was the pastry around it This also came with the chef's vegetables.

I was going to skip dessert until they came around with the dessert tray (photo 5). I got the date nut cake (photo 3). This had a filling of hard sauce (butter, sugar and vanilla), and had a candy fruit on the top. The plate was embellished with carmel, which I thought detracted from the cake taste.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Prince Frederick

Comments

Prince Frederick Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Prince Frederick restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prince Frederick sightseeing.

View all Prince Frederick hotels