Places to eat in Maryland

Brown paper covered tables inside
    Seafood Chowder $5.25
    Hard shell crabs - $45/dozen - males

Most Viewed Restaurants in Maryland

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: Dinner Theater For The Whole Family!

by lmkluque Updated Jun 18, 2012

1093 AD is the time, you are one of a thousand guests of the royal family, at a royal tournament. Feast on a hearty four course banquet served medieval style. Fearless knights on horseback compete in games of skill and accuracy. It is great fun for the whole family!

The price may seem a bit high, but considering you get to travel back in time, experience an evening of thrilling entertainment and a four course dinner, it's really a bargain

Favorite Dish: The Bill of Fare includes:

Let The Games Begin!
    • Theater Travel
    • School Holidays

• olddude's Profile Photo

G & M Restaurant & Lounge: So you like Crab Cakes?

by olddude Written Mar 10, 2012

If you love crab cakes, this is the only place to go in Maryland for them....PERIOD. If you ask anyone from Maryland where to get the best crab cakes, they will tell you G&M! There are other places that come close, but there is only one G&M. The cakes are the size of softballs and taste awesome! They even send them around the country mail order so they are known nationwide.

Favorite Dish: Although, their signature dish is crab cakes, my favorite is actually their crab soup and their cherry cheese cake.....excellent.

• olddude's Profile Photo

Woo Chon: Best Korean Food in the US yet...

by olddude Written Mar 10, 2012

After I moved from Northern Virginia, I was afraid that I wouldn't find good Korean food near my new home and would have to make the 90 minute trek back to Virginia just to get my "fix". Well, my search is over. I found Woo Chon (actually pronounced "Oo Chon" in Korean) using Yelp. The reviews were not that good, so I knew it must be authentic and I had to try it.

Well, I have been there twice now...once for dinner and once for lunch and neither time has been a disappointment. It is very authentic, right down to the Korean newspaper machines outside and the small bottle of yogurt served after your meal. It's not much to look at on the outside, but the food is off the charts. For those looking for some watered-down fusion Chinese Korean wannabe eatery, this place is NOT it. It is if someone froze a little mom and pop place in Pyongtaek and shipped it to the US untouched. They even serve barley tea while you wait for your food.

However, I must warn those not familiar with true authentic Korean places that there are nice carpeted floors. There is a big TV on the wall playing Korean programs and Korean ballads playing in the background. You may even see them cleaning the fresh bean sprouts for future dishes right at a table next to you. It will be bare and maybe a little uninviting to the uninitiated...probably the cause of some of the low Yelp scores. I guarantee that the low scores are from people who have never traveled to Korea and not used to the atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I have no favorite dish as of yet. However, I will comment that the side dishes are plentiful and always of the best and freshest quality.

Woo Chon Restaurant

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Gourmet Shish Kabob & Spy House

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 19, 2012

We stopped at Gourmet Shish Kabob with an Afghan friend who had a mad hunger for food from home. Kabobs are common in South Asian and Middle Eastern cooking, so we weren't positive where the restaurant was from, but "shish kabob" means "lung kabob" in Dari, so we were pretty sure it wasn't Afghan. Turns out the restaurant was Indian/Pakistani with a mix of kabobs and curries.

We wandered up to the fat, lazy man at the counter who gleefully explained the menu to us, the only customers in the entire restaurant. We ordered a few different kabob plates and a curry meal along with rice and naan bread. The owner just sat behind his counter and when the meal was ready yelled over to us so we could get the trays with our food. The food was tasty and the portions large. Not the best kabobs ever, but good.

Later I learned Gourmet Shish Kabob was the cover for an Iraqi spy named Saubhe Jassim Al-Dellemy who covertly assisted Saddam Hussein's administration for two decades. Apparently the restaurant's location near the National Security Agency helped gather intelligence information from the US. He later plead guilty, admitting to "using his restaurant as a meeting place and passing information to Iraqi agents.” Dellemy was born in Iraq, came to the US in the 1980s, became a citizen in 2000, and was arrested in December 2008.

Odd sights near the Shih Kabob place

Jasper's: Two Maryland Locations

by grandmaR Updated Oct 25, 2011

Jaspers has two locations in Maryland. I have been to the one in Crofton which is now closed, and also the one in Prince Frederick

Location

Hours of Operation

Sunday - 10:00 AM - MIDNIGHT
    Monday - Thursday - 11:30AM - 1:00AM
    Friday - Saturday - 11:30AM - 2:00AM
    Kitchen closes one hour before restaurant

Restaurant Information

Come check out our giant, full wall TV as we feature the Redskins every time they play.

AMERICAN GRILLE
    Friday 11:30am - 12:00am
    Saturday 11:00am - 12:00am
    Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm

Restaurant Information

At Jasper's life is pretty casual...except in our kitchens! Our in-house food fanatics are passionate about the quality of our ingredients and made from scratch recipes. Featuring aged premium beef, hand-cut by our expert butchers ALL COOKED OVER OUR HICKORY WOOD-BURNING GRILLS Fresh fish filleted daily. Our signature rolls are baked in our kitchen every 20 minutes. We use seasonal fresh vegetables and produce GROWN LOCALLY.

Casual takes on a new meaning in our bar, featuring 12 jumbo screens. We're always open until the game is over. Remember, the food is hot and the drinks are cold, so come on in and hang out with us for a while.

Inside of the old Jaspers in Crofton Cup of lobster bisque $4.79 Dessert table Front part of the menu

• Andreja86's Profile Photo

Dock Street Bar and Grill: Best crabcakes in Annapolis?

by Andreja86 Written Jun 25, 2011

We had many problems locating a restaurant in Annapolis where we could sit outside close to the habor. We found it with this bar - therefore we never saw the interior.

On a huge sign they said that they made the best crabcakes in Annapolis which seemed to us as a tourist trap teller.
    But we chosed to try their crabcakes anyway.

The restaurant was a bit busy so the service wasn't the best but I don't have any huge complaints.

Favorite Dish: The crabcakes was really good and felt fresh. It was my first and until now the only crabcake so I have nothing to compare it to but the table next to us also had compliments about the crabcakes.

I had the crabcake sandwhich and we also tried the Dock Street Burger which was nothing out of the ordinary.

The Italian Market: Two Locations

410.224.1348 fax
    Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 11 am-10 pm
    Fri-Sat. 11 am - 11 pm
    Sun. Noon - 9 pm

The restaurant also has a store and catering business associated with it.

Front of the restaurant 24 flavors of gelato Vegetarian Stromboli Specials board Inside the restaurant

Phillips Crab House: Ocean City Seafood

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

For her 91st birthday, my sister and I took my mom down to the Inner Harbor, and after we took the water taxi around, we ended up here to eat lunch.

AE Phillips opened his first crab processing plant on Hoopers Island, MD around 1916. He and his wife opened a little crab shack in Ocean City in the mid 50s to have an outlet for the crab meat of the processing plant. Now while they have a couple of restaurants outside of Maryland including one in D.C., this is primarily a Maryland company. They sell seafood over the internet in addition to in their restaurants and stores.

ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT
    SEAFOOD BUFFET

Phillips Harborplace, Baltimore, MD
    Phillips Flagship, Washington, DC

Monday through Friday lunch buffet: $14.99
    Monday through Friday dinner buffet: $25.99
    Saturday & Sunday brunch and dinner buffet: $25.99

for Phillips Seafood Buffet information for Ocean City, MD, please visit www.phillipsoc.com

Menu selection varies by restaurant location.
    Prices are subject to change without notice.

STEAMED SELECTIONS

Snow Crab Leg Clusters
    Steamed Spiced Shrimp (Washington, DC only)
    Steamed Crabs (in season)
    Steamed Clams & Mussels

PHILLIPS TRADITIONAL FAVORITES

Crab Cakes (seasonal) (Baltimore, MD only)
    Crab Imperial (Baltimore, MD only)
    Baked, Fried & Blackened Fish of the Day

Tossed, Caesar & Vegetable Salads
    Fresh Fruit Display

DESSERTS

Whole Pies, Cakes & Tortes
    Soft Frozen Yogurt... and much more!!!

Favorite Dish: Phillips Harborplace

My mom - age 91 at Phillips Harborplace for lunch
    • Fishing
    • Beaches

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

The Rusty Rudder: Agreat place to eat on the water!

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food here is always wonderful and fresh. Most lunches are under $10.00. Kids meals are about $4.00 with a drink. Great bay front deck and dining. Watch the sun set while you eat on the open deck!

Soups
    Onion Soup au Gratin $3.95
    Seafood Chowder $2.95/cup $3.95/bowl
    A hearty red stew made with fresh crab, shrimp, scallops, and fresh vegetables.
    Appetizers
    Baked Brie $7.95
    Steamed Clams (12) $7.95
    Clams on the Half Shell (6) $4.50
    Clams Casino (6) $7.95
    Baked with garlic butter, herb bread crumbs and provolone cheese.
    Shrimp Cocktail (5) $7.95
    Five jumbo Gulf shrimp.
    Mushroom Imperial $6.95
    Large mushroom caps stuffed with crab imperial and topped with imperial sauce.

Salads
    Salad Bar only $7.95
    Caesar Salad $5.95
    Fresh Romaine tossed with croutons, parmesan and Caesar dressing.
    Field Greens $7.95

Land & Sea Buffet
    Sunday Brunch
    Every Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. for Brunch! It's "All You Can Eat!"
    Seafood
    Lump Crab Imperial $17.95
    Lumps of back fin crabmeat with delicate seasonings.

Golden Fried Shrimp $16.95
    Back fin Crab Cakes $18.95
    Stuffed Gulf Shrimp $19.95
    Stuffed Fillet of Flounder $17.95
    Seafood Lovers $20.95
    selection of broiled shrimp, sea scallops, fillet of flounder, and an all-lump crab cake.
    Shrimp Linguine $19.95
    Yellowfin Tuna $19.95
    Soy seared and served over mashers with wilted spinach, ***ake mushrooms and roasted peppers. Sided with wasabi and a roasted red pepper sauce.

Fried Local Favorite $17.95
    An all-lump crab cake, 3 jumbo fried shrimp and 6 fresh sea scallops
    Neptune Steamed Platter $17.95
    * pound steamed shrimp, a dozen steamed mussels and snow crab clusters.

Chicken Chablis $14.95
    Boneless breast sautÈed with ***ake mushrooms, spinach, white wine and garlic butter.
    Chicken Cordon Bleu $15.95
    Filet Mignon $19.95
    Tuscan New York Strip $18.95
    Our 10-ounce strip

Imperial Filet $24.95
    Our 8-ounce filet grilled and topped with crab imperial.

The Rusty Rudder
    • Beer Tasting
    • Beaches

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Schaefer's Canal House: Great place for seafood

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Water front dining. Beautiful luxury yachts parked right in front of your table. New owner recently put some money in the place and the chef is the best in 100 mile radius. Servers are top shelf like the food, the atmosphere, the view...can you tell I like it here?
    Watch people jet ski while you eat. Sit outside, listen to Reggae music. Dance with your children!!! When is the last time you danced with your children on the water front? You NEVER out grow this, and they better not either!
    Wonderful atmosphere, food and service, nautical these of course. They have private dining in the main building and banquets for large groups in an other.

Favorite Dish: Schaefer's Canal House Crab Cakes (Your choice of Broiled or Fried), Take them broiled, all lump meat! Best Crab Cakes on the East Coast!!!
    I am an expert on this subject, ask anyone

Schaefer's Canal House

Adam's the Place for "Ribs": BBQ Ribs

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Bagdasian family opened "Adam's the Place for Ribs" in 1981 after operating at the original location in Edgewater, Maryland as a neighborhood restaurant since 1965. They have since opened four other locations. They also cater events such as Golf Tournaments or weddings (catering truck in photo 5), and they will deliver their ribs anywhere in the US.

Available at Five Convenient Locations:

Adam's Ribs Edgewater (this is the original one)
    169 Mayo Road
    Edgewater, MD 21037
    Tel: 410-956-2995

Adam's Ribs Prince Frederick (this is one I've eaten at)
    2200 Solomon's Island Road
    Prince Frederick, MD 20678
    Tel: 410-586-0001

Adam's Ribs Severna Park
    589 Baltimore & Annapolis Blvd.
    Severna Park, MD 21146

Adam's Ribs Salisbury
    PO Box 299, Rt. 13
    Fruitland, MD 21826
    Tel: 410-749-6961

Favorite Dish: I considered having the coconut shrimp appetizer, but eventually settled for a small rack for $10.95 with a side of green beans (the vegetable of the day $1.75), pink lemonade and a home made key lime pie. I thought the green beens had a little too much garlic, but they were fresh ones, and nicely cooked. The meat was spicy and could be eaten from the bones with a fork.

Bob had a regular small rack (I didn't want the french fries that came with that which is why I ordered ala cart) for $12.95, and iced tea.

The soup of the day was cream of crab, and they also had steaks, rockfish, tuna, crab cakes and other seafood.

The second time we went, I had a half chicken and cream of crab soup, and Bob had a regular small rack again.

BBQ half chicken $9.00 Front of menu Inside of restaurant Dessert board in Prince Frederick Catering truck

• b1bob's Profile Photo

G & M Crab Cakes: crabcakes are their specialty, but...

by b1bob Updated Jul 24, 2010

As far as restaurants my boss has chosen on auction trips go, this was one of the better ones. No, it was not in the Inner Harbour of Baltimore (in fact it was much better than that one), but rather in the suburb of Linthicum Heights near B.W.I. south of the city and near our hotel. Those who judge a restaurant based on the outside will be disappointed, but trust me, walk right in and get some food. There was a rather large group of us and the service was great. The menu is diverse. For those not keen on seafood, they offer a wide range of Greek and Italian food too.

Favorite Dish: Although crab cakes are the signature dish (they're so popular, they have a mail order business on the side), I ordered the fried scallops. I have loved fried scallops since I was a kid at the beach, getting adult portions as young as age 5. I don't like crab cakes because they are bound together oftentimes with mayonnaise (in my opinion, the lowest culinary ingredient in existence). You could get two vegetables with it and I had the side salad and baked potato. The portions were enough that I didn't go back to the hotel hungry. The scallops were cooked perfectly (in the blink of an eye, you can overcook scallops and they become little rubber balls). The baked potato was great too, but would it have killed them to go beyond lettuce, tomato, and onions in the salad?

G & M Crab Cakes

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Angelino's Family Italian Restaurant: Gyros, anyone?

by b1bob Updated Jul 24, 2010

My boss keeps strange hours to eat, taking supper at 4.30pm. That was a long pull until breakfast, so on my own dime, I found this reasonably-priced restaurant cattywampus from the Red Roof Inn in Lanham the night before a liquidation of a recently-closed supermarket a couple of years earlier. The design of this restaurant was most unusual. You enter at the top and place your order to the cook in a very tiny and very modest kitchen with old equipment. From there, you step down into the dining room in a larger, but still small sunken area below.

Favorite Dish: Many Italian restaurants often offer some Greek food. I had the gyro without white sauce and with a side of fries.

Angelino's Family Italian Restaurant

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Vitelli's: Write this down

by easterntrekker Written Sep 29, 2008

Dinner was just terrible here. It was slow , cold and tasteless. It was next to the Comfort Inn where we satyed so we thought we'd try it . A mistake , should have ordered pizza!!If you are travelling through like we did , pass on this one.

• Seniors

• lonestar_philomath's Profile Photo

Red Star: Eclectic Food

by lonestar_philomath Written Mar 23, 2008

Unusual combinations make this restaurant's menu come alive.

Favorite Dish: Eaten there once on 21 March 2008. Had the pizza that comes with artichoke hearts. Was covered in cheese and delicous. Microbrews and a well stocked bar with beer and wine completes the dining experience. I will eat at Red Star again!

Waitress could have been more atentive to my order because she brought out an incorrect meal meant for another table. My collegue was polite enough to wait until my pizza arrived about 5 minutes later before commencing.

• Beer Tasting

Frederick Hotels
72 Reviews - 148 Photos
Takoma Park Hotels

Instant Answers: Maryland

Comments

Maryland Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Maryland restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maryland sightseeing.
Map of Maryland