Rockville Restaurants

• TaberTouch's Profile Photo

L'oustalet: French food done right

by TaberTouch Updated Apr 4, 2011

L'oustalet Restaurant, Rockville, MD

Sunday evening dinner there's never a problem getting a table - but make a reservation if you want to get in Friday or Saturday evenings! Everything was delicious and not too much, though enough to take home for delicious leftovers. Good service, understated decorating, and pleasant atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The Kobe-style beef will give new meaning to "melt in your mouth tender". I never realized how much flavor beef could have!

The chocolate mousse was not only delicately delicious, it was elegantly decorative as well.

• travelingdanna's Profile Photo

The Silver Diner: Late Nights at the Silver Diner!!!

by travelingdanna Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Silver Diner is probably the best diner I have been to, because after spending so much time at our beloved diner I haven't really been satisfied with diners anywhere else.
    The Silver Diner is a cute diner, which has mini-radio-jukebox things at every table, you can put in a quarter and request a song. The food is generally great, and the service is decent. On Saturday nights the place becomes packed with high school students, hanging out after their plays/games/club meetings - because it's really one of the only "hangout" spots in Rockville. Of course, when I was in high school this was a great aspect of the diner - for others the noise might be annoying.

Favorite Dish: They serve mozarella sticks - but not just ordinary fried cheese; these are wrapped in wontons and have spinach mixed in with the cheese. mmmm.
    Also, if you're brave, try Chocolate Brownie Decadence...

• Crab: Wonderful crab cakes

by Bill&Dianne Written Dec 15, 2006

It was a small seafood joint across the street from the hotel I was staying at. I had a few beers and watched monday night football. The bartender was a knock out. Tried a couple of appetizers but loved the spiced shrimp best. Had a crab cake for dinner that was the biggest I've ever seen, actually took part of it back to the hotel.

Favorite Dish: Spiced shrimp & crab cake

• Business Travel

• travelingdanna's Profile Photo

California Tortilla: CalTor

by travelingdanna Written Dec 18, 2004

Familiarly referred to as CalTor, California Tortilla is a good place to eat for cheap or grab a fast bite to eat before going to the movies. It's popular with local high school students, who also staff the place. In fact, they give a discount to students who show ID at the register (maybe 15%, not sure).
    If you like Mexican food, CalTor is the place to be!

Favorite Dish: The only thing I ever really have here is the cheese & spinach quesadilla, which is excellent but a little too much for me if I eat the whole thing. Sometimes I splurge and get some guacamole on the side. Oh, and the bean burritos are pretty good and easy to take into the theater with you.

• sayville's Profile Photo

On my last visit we went to...

by sayville Written Aug 24, 2002

On my last visit we went to White Flint Mall. There was a great Italian resturant in the mall. I dont recall the name of it. (I'll ask my friend and add it later) The service was great and so was the food. both my friend and I are very allergic to many foods. The resturant was very accomodating to our allergies and the sauce on my dish was changed so I could eat it. Before putting the order in the waiter double checked with the chef to make sure the foods were allergy free.
    No wait to be seated. Clean, friendly waiter, good serve. Very accommodating to people with food allergies.

Favorite Dish: The spinach triangle pasta with a white cream sauce. It was excellent.

Instant Answers: Rockville

Comments

Rockville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rockville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rockville sightseeing.