Silver Spring Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Silver Spring

• alycat's Profile Photo

Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant: Ethiopian melange

by alycat Updated Feb 8, 2013

Silver Spring has a lot Ethiopian restaurants and I picked this one up firstly because we got a great online deal and secondly because it didn't matter to me which exact place we ate, since it was the first time I was going to try something African.

The restaurant has a nice African feel (i think so..never been to any African country) to it. The waitresses were very warm and would check on us every few mins to see how we were doing. It was a little loud with a large group enjoying themselves, not that it bothered us.

I guess they are open late and have live music some days. It was a nice intro to the Afro cuisine and we had no complaints with the food and would surely come here again soon, and would recommend you reading this review to try it out.

Favorite Dish: I experiment with new cuisines all the time and it does not bother me if the food is spicy, bland, or jus blaze sometimes. It just has to be made with love, attention and care, and should be authentic (in terms of staying true to the original cuisine).

Disclaimer: I only eat halal meat so this review is solely for vegetarian items on the menu.

We had the Abyssinia Vegetarian Combination, a tasty mixed veggies dish served with lots of Injera, an Ethiopian bread made out of flour.

The veggie choices included split peas with onions, garlic, green peppers, turmeric and vegetable oil. Had a lot of lentils with condiments, spinach and cabbage. and carrots.

Everything we ate had a nice flavor, great seasonings in large portions and awesome service.

Veggie platter Lively ambience

• alycat's Profile Photo

Kabob and Karahi: Awesome North Indian Halal

by alycat Updated Jun 23, 2012

The food here is very earthy, spicy and Indian. Its a simple place with average interiors and amazing food.

If you are a FOB from India or Pakistan, or someone who loves Mughlai cuisine, this is the place to go!

Favorite Dish: I was here on a recommendation to eat the nahari. Nahari is a b'fast item in my hometown, Hyderabad, India. The nahari here had a similar awesome taste and was served with naan bread. Had big pieces of boneless mutton, raw onions and cut lime served with it, which ultimately resulted in me sweating and having a runny nose...all worth it...def going to be regular here!

• LadyXoc's Profile Photo

McGinty's Public House: Great Irish Food

by LadyXoc Written Aug 20, 2010

It is Irish owned which adds to the ambiance. I am a great fan of Ireland so I have enjoyed my dining experiences here. -Once I had the Sunday brunch which is a Prix Fixe. I had the Irish breakfast which is the usual from Ireland ( Rashers, bangers, black & white pudding, eggs, baked beans, grilled tomato, fries or mash potatoes) And I got a Bloody Mary from the Bloody Mary Bar which I loaded with olives and other goodies. For the Prix Fixe you choose a starter, an entree, and a dessert. A complimentary Bloody Mary, Champagne or Mimosa is included. Currently the brunch entree choices are French toast, blackened salmon, or McGinty's eggs benedict, or Irish Breakfast. The menu does change seasonally. Last week I had a cheeseburger with Irish cheese and some awesome fries. ( I know I was just backpacking in Alaska and eating moose jerky til it came out my ear but I swear it was a great burger!) There is a brunch, lunch, and dinner menu.
    Prices are pretty good. The Prix Fixe was a treat for me but I got my moneys worth. The burger was about $10.
    Downstairs is a pub and a few booths, upstairs is more dining. Looks like there is music sometimes too.

Favorite Dish: When I am feeling nostalgic I order the Irish breakfast.

• LadyXoc's Profile Photo

Lebanese Taverna

by LadyXoc Updated Aug 20, 2010

Middle Eastern fare with an accent on appetizers, many of which are vegetarian friendly, and also Glutten Free. You have the choice of carry out or dine in. The food was good and reasonably priced. And the menu is large. I looked online first so I had my choice already made.
    I ordered the Mediterranian Mezza Platter for $9.95. It consisted of fattoush, shakshouky, hommos, a spinach pie & a grape leaf. It was served with two pieces of pita bread. It was more than enough to eat and not something I can get when I am home. I also had the Taverna Ale. It was pretty good. They also had a light version of the ale.
    I bought a canned Vimpto soda for later. High Fructose corn syrup. mmm mmm
    The staff was helpful and friendly. The restaurant was clean. I am not a big fan of chains. I am more the kitchy diner type but I had a nice meal and food I had not tried before.

Favorite Dish: I tried the KIBBEH my aunt ordered -ground beef and crushed wheat shells, stuffed with ground lamb beef, pine nuts and almonds, I liked it. My hommos was good too.

• Langano Ethiopian Restaurant: Gee John...do you like Ethiopian food or what?

by RblWthACoz Updated Jul 22, 2006

Mmmyyyyeeeeesss. I do. This was one of the first Ethiopian places I actually went to (by now I have been to close to 10 Ethiopian restaurants in the U.S.), and I took someone there to introduce them to the cuisine. I remember the food to be very well made and tasty. Another good Ethiopian place to eat at!

• Greek Taverna: Good Food, Good Prices, Great Service

by jlahorn Written Jun 11, 2003

Much of this restaurant's charm is in the people who work there. They're warm, friendly, quick, efficient, and patient... including the busboy, who was very young, but unfailingly polite and hard-working.

My husband and I visited this restaurant on a Monday night around 8 PM. The exterior is cute and friendly, if a bit cheap-looking. The waitress took our drink orders as soon as we were seated, and a half-loaf of crusty white bread was delivered to the table within seconds. The bread was dense on the inside and very crusty on the outside - it would be delicious if served with an herb butter instead of the melted prepackaged butter containers we received.

The wine list included a pretty good range of bottles that looked like they'd complement the food, but we weren't up for it that night.

Our dolmadas arrived so quickly that we knew they must be pre-made, but they tasted very fresh. The rice was firm, and the grape leaves themselves were so tasty that I wished the rolls were double-wrapped. Our salads arrived at the same time, and were predictable, but not bad. They use iceberg lettuce and hothouse tomatoes, but the feta, olives, and dressing made up for it.

All of the sides dishes that accompanied our entrees were delicious, though I have a sneaking suspicion that they weren't very good for me. The moussaka was... okay. The eggplant was soft and well-seasoned, and the ground beef was a little dry but fine, but the topping was flavorless and had an odd texture.

The lamb kebab had a tangy sauce that my husband and I both liked a lot, but the meat was slightly chewy and overcooked for our taste.

At dessert, the regular coffee was weak and disappointing, but oh my, the baklava! It was a very generous serving, dripping with honey and buttery goodness.

We found a lot more hits than misses, and we'll definitely be going back.

Favorite Dish: Baklava - generous portion, sinfully delicious

• Business Travel

• Sergio has really terrific...

by noahsdad Written Aug 25, 2002

Sergio has really terrific Northern Italian cuisine. The homemade pastas are true comfort food! Crisfield is renowned for its seafood. Roger Miller's African restaurant: terrific ginger beer goes well with groundnut chicken stew and plaintains, but dessert is frozen cream pies from the supermarket and the coffee was instant.

• The Original Pancake House on...

by Jayden Written Aug 25, 2002

The Original Pancake House on Rockville Pike, as well as Fuddruckers.
    The are not skimpy with their servings and the prices are wonderful.

Favorite Dish: The apple Pancakes, there is nothing so mouthwatering and delicious! Everything is fresh and tastes homemade.

Instant Answers: Silver Spring

Comments

Silver Spring Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Silver Spring restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Silver Spring sightseeing.

View all Silver Spring hotels