Solomons Island Nightlife

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Tiki Bar: Not my Cup Of Tea

by grandmaR Updated Dec 24, 2010

From across the way - on a hot July night

People have complained that they don't like to keep their boats at Solomons anymore because of the noise from the Tiki Bar.

We met some friends here - they were anchored out and were coming south on the ICW. We had some drinks (non-alcoholic for me) and then we took them to dinner in our car. It was October, so it wasn't as crowded.

Dress Code: A review of the place (the URL below) says in part:

"Aside from the name, a few token Tikis, and some obligatory pre-mixed sub-tropical drinks, you'd be hard pressed to call this place a true Tiki Bar at all. And yet, it was a beautiful day, I was with a gorgeous girl, the staff were nice, the locals were drunk (and impressed that I was "writing a book about their place"*), a breeze was blowing over the boat-filled bay, and I had a strong (if rank) drink in my hand and nowhere to be. What more do you really need? "

• Singles
    • Sailing and Boating

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Calypso Bay Crab House: Was Harbor Sounds Music Room

by grandmaR Updated Dec 23, 2010

Outside at Christmas

In 2010, there was a bar/nightclub upstairs. There are pool tables and a DJ came in at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. There is also a bar with the restaurant downstairs. Their signature drink was the Orange Crush. I didn't try it.

When we went to dinner at Harbor Sounds in the summer of 2006, we saw that there was a Music Room upstairs. We went early on Friday night, and by the time we had finished eating, they were setting up the instruments for the music.

They apparently had music and bands on Friday and Saturday night, plus other activities from Tuesday through Thursday.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Music

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

Tiki Bar: Solomons Island's Most Distinctive Bar

by Tom_Fields Written Jun 24, 2009

The Tiki Bar

This is the place that visitors talk about. Solomons is known for this distinctive outdoor bar overlooking the marina. Open from April to October, it serves up Mai Tais, mohitos, and other tropical drinks. This is the town's best-known hangout.

Instant Answers: Solomons Island

Comments

Solomons Island Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Solomons Island nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Solomons Island sightseeing.

View all Solomons Island hotels