Towson Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Towson

Einstein Bros. Bagels: Coffee and Bagels

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chocolate chip coffee cake

This place is mostly a coffee and bagel place, but they do serve interesting food. They will do breakfast things (like omlets) all day. But they don't do dinner, so the price of a meal is not applicable.

Store Hours
    Monday: 5:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Tuesday: 5:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Wednesday: 5:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Thursday: 5:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Friday: 5:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Saturday: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm

Favorite Dish: Last year (2005), I wanted to have lunch on the way to my mom's house, so I stopped here and had a chicken salad sandwich

Last week (June 2006), my sister and I were visiting a lawyer, and afterwards we stopped here for lunch. My sister asked what was good, and I said that I'd only been here once. I ordered iced tea, and a spinach, cheese and tomato omlet which they put on a spinach and cheese bagel. I also got a chocolate chip coffee cake.

My sister waited to see what I ordered, and then she got the same. She said that she had learned to get what I got because I usually ordered something good.

• Study Abroad

T.G.I. Friday's: Lunch Bunch

by grandmaR Written Apr 28, 2010

My sister at lunch

When my sister and I were clearing out my mom's house, we would have to eat lunch somewhere, and one of the places we ate was here at this place.

Hours: Kitchen Monday-Saturday: 11 a.m.-1 a.m. Sunday: 11 a.m.-midnight Bar Daily: 11 a.m.-2 a.m.
    Cuisine: Burger, Sandwich, Seafood, Steak, American, American Traditional and Classic, and Bar Food
    Meals Served: Lunch and Dinner
    Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
    Reservations: Not Required
    Dress Code: Jeans and T-shirt
    Alcohol: Full Bar
    Audience: All Ages

Favorite Dish: I like the cheese broccoli soup, and my sister got an appetizer dip.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

T. G. I. Friday's: Lunch with Children

by DEBBBEDB Written Apr 28, 2010

Children doing sudokus while waiting to give order

Deb and I (Barb) were up in Towson with our kids after my grandmother died, and needed to get lunch somewhere. We knew that TGIF had a kids menu. So we went here.

Favorite Dish: I think the kids got burgers and fries. I got a grilled chicken salad.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

The Crackpot Restaurant: My Husband Likes Seafood

by DEBBBEDB Written Dec 8, 2009

Waitress taking orders

So he loves this restaurant.

Hours of Operation
    Monday - Thursday
    Friday - Saturday
    Sunday
    12:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-3pm Dinner:Mon-Fri 3pm-10pm Sat 11am-10pm Sun 12pm-10pm

Favorite Dish: They have lunch specials which are about $6.00 each (photo 5). The signature 20 oz crab cake dinner is $38.00, but that's about the most expensive things on the menu. They also have a children's menu (photo 2) and they also have non-seafood things for me to eat.

Cafe Gourmet: All Fresh All Day

by grandmaR Updated Aug 22, 2006

Steps down to the Cafe

This restaurant is beside and in the basement of Merchantile Bank. Merchantile Bank is between M&T Bank and the Bank of America, facing the Courthouse. It seems to be a place to get a quick deli sandwich, soup or salad to take back to your office - not many people seem to eat there. But it is a little more expensive than most fast food.

Favorite Dish: My daughter had a chicken salad wrap and a large coke which she shared with her son. I had what was basically a cheese sandwich which had bacon in it. My grandson also had a sandwich and we all had chips as part of it. The bill was over $21.00

• Business Travel

• CHEEZY'S PIZZA ON JOPPA ROAD: AWESOME PIZZA AND HUGE MEATY SUBS!

by chrissy2580 Written Jul 19, 2006

I TOOK MY BROTHER WHO IS FROM NEW YORK TO THIS PIZZA PLACE BECAUSE I HEARD IT HAD THE BEST NEW YORK PIZZA AND WANTED TO SEE WHAT HE THOUGHT...HE SAID IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE THEY MAKE IT IN NYC AND I GOT THE HUGE 10 INCH MONSTER SUB- IT WAS ALL MEAT NOT ALL BREAD LIKE OTHER SUB PLACES- THE STAFF IN THE FRONT WERE VERY NICE AND THE SERVICE WAS VERY FAST EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BUSY FOR DELIVERY. I WILL MAKE THIS MY WEEKLY STOP BEFORE CLASSES AND THE PRICE IS PRETTY CHEAP!!!

Favorite Dish: GREAT NYC PIZZA AND HUGE MEATY SUBS AND THE WINGS ARE ROTTISERIE STYLE AND ARE DELICIOUS AS WELL

• Seniors
    • School Holidays
    • Theme Park Trips

Razorback's Bar and Grill: Business Lunch

by grandmaR Written May 11, 2006

Restaurant from the parking lot

My sister and my husband and my daughter and I wanted to meet for lunch, and my sister suggested this place. We wanted someplace we could sit down and talk, and she thought we could do that here. We had a seat in the back where it was quieter and less smoky. My sister said she had also been here for dinner.

I think it was somewhat more her kind of place than mine - somewhat trendy food and a little more expensive that I appreciate.

Favorite Dish: My sister and I both had chicken salad sandwiches on focacocia ($7.95), and Bob had a tuna salad sandwich ($6.95). My daughter had the pulled pork BBQ ($7.95). All the sandwiches came with chips, which made us thirsty. We had trouble getting refills on water, and my sister also drank iced tea, which was also hard to get the refills for.

• Jeannina's Profile Photo

The Golden Gate Noodle House: Wonderful Chinese

by Jeannina Updated Sep 11, 2005

The restaurant has a cozy environment, wonderful service, and the food is excellent.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Chicken fried rice. I suppose it seems simple,, but it is the ABSOLUTE best fried rice I have ever had.
    The soups are also lovely, and I have yet to here something negetive about any of the food they serve.

Former Hampton Tea Room: National Historic Site

by grandmaR Updated Jun 6, 2005

People leaving the tea room Spring 1970

Hampton is a National Historic Site. I have been there several times for luncheons. The picture was taken of the tea room entrance in the spring of 1970 as my daughter and family friends were leaving the tea room.

In 1998, on the morning of the 15th, the Baltimore Sun published an article noting the NPS' conclusion that the Tea Room concession poses an unacceptable hazard to the historic house in which it is located, and resulting decision to close the concession operation

Meetings were held on the subject of the direction and goals for Hampton. Most participants regreted the closing of the tea room in the mansion, most commonly noting that it is "part of the history and ambiance of Hampton." There were numerous recommendations that an alternate "appropriate place for refreshment" be provided at the park, to attract visitors, make a visit more pleasant, and continue the tradition. Most participants see "attractive, nifty food service with class and style" as an important part of the visitor experience and important for sustaining visitation. A small number of participants recommended "close the tea room permanently."

Favorite Dish: The concessionaire operated the Tea Room in the east wing of the mansion, and numerous private events took place on the terrace. There is still reference to this on the internet, but you can no longer eat here.

Afternoon tea was Tuesday through Saturday, 11.30am to 3pm. Indoor and patio seating.

• Architecture

Starbucks: Towson University Drive In

by grandmaR Written Sep 17, 2004

Starbucks from the car

I do not drink coffee so I do not frequent Starbucks. I was waiting at the traffic light to cross York Road and I had my camera out so I took this picture.

There used to be a gas station on this corner that we patronized quite a bit (I think it was Hollinshades). Then Hollinshade moved and another gas station took over. But I think they went out of business.

This Starbucks is fairly new to the area and is known as the Towson University Starbucks. They have a drive-through window, and you can also cross the pedestrian bridge to the Marriott which is right behind it.

• Study Abroad

The Crackpot Restaurant: Steamed Crabs Year Round

by grandmaR Written Aug 1, 2004

Mom in 2004 in the Crackpot

The restaurant was founded in 1971, and was one of the first to fly crabs in from Louisiana.

Best Known For...
    Offering steamed crabs year round, "The Pounder Plus" 20 ounce crab cake, specialty crab cakes, and our small plates menu.

Hours of Operation
    Monday - Thursday
    Friday - Saturday
    Sunday
    12:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-3pm Dinner:Mon-Fri 3pm-10pm Sat 11am-10pm Sun 12pm-10pm

This is one of my mom's favorite restaurants. I think it is too noisy

Favorite Dish: We went here with my mom for late lunch. I had a French dip roast beef sandwich which was a daily special listed on the board outside. It was a bit salty and a bit gristly. Bob had a club which looked good. My mom usually has the cream of crab soup.

They have lunch specials which are about $6.00 each. The signature 20 oz crab cake dinner is $38.00, but that's about the most expensive things on the menu. They also have a children's menu, and can deal quite well with children.

Frisco Burritos: These are Big Burritos

by gnunez311 Written May 12, 2003

Frisco Burritos

Frisco Burritos brings a nice slice of California funk to rather staid old Towson. The ingredients are generally quite fresh, and the food is reasonably priced. All in all, it's a solid choice for the lunch-time crowd or shoppers looking for a quick, nonfranchise meal.

Frisco sits on a busy block in downtown Towson. Inside, it has something of a Mexican motif, with paintings of farmers and dancers adorning one wall. Service is brisk, thanks to a very efficient staff whipping up dishes in the small, open kitchen.

The menu is built around three basic Mexican dishes -- burritos, tacos and quesadillas. Fixings for each include chicken, steak, chorizo or spinach.

Favorite Dish: The burritos come in two sizes, regular and jumbo. My chorizo (spicy Spanish sausage) burrito was indeed jumbo-sized, a huge cylinder of goodies -- rice, black beans, salsa fresca and a slightly tangy chipotle pepper barbecue sauce -- all wrapped in a homemade tortilla. It was a solid, delicious meal and worth the $5.75.

Bill Bateman's Bistro: Towson University's Best Wings

by gnunez311 Updated May 12, 2003

Bill Bateman's Bistro

This place has it all for hungry Towson University students: Hamburgers, chicken, buffalo wings, ribs and beer.

Favorite Dish: Bill Bateman's claims to have the best buffalo wings in Towson, their burgers and ribs are also some of the best in town.

The Melting Pot: Fondue, Fondue and more Fondue

by gnunez311 Updated May 12, 2003

The Melting Pot

This fondue-only restaurant will take you back in time. The cook-your-own-and-eat options offers lots of choices in a contemporary setting. Choices are ample but due to their pricing strategy I would recommend that you stick to the cheese and dessert.

Favorite Dish: Flaming Turtle for dessert is a must!

• Jeannina's Profile Photo

Teo Pepe': A wonderful 5 star Restaurant

by Jeannina Written Apr 14, 2003

Teo' Pepe's is a five star restaurant, and pretty expensive, but, if you are looking for a place to celebrate, or to just have a nice romantic dinner, Teo' Pepe's is the place. Its a cozy restaurant, WONDERFUL service, and the food is delicious. The Chef will even come out and say hello. :-)

Favorite Dish: When I went there to celebrate my birthday, I got the filet mignon. It was the best that I have had. All those I went with were very happy with what they got as well.

Instant Answers: Towson

Comments

Towson Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Towson restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Towson sightseeing.