Wildewood Travel Guide

sweet potato fries

Wildewood Restaurants

Chocolate Nacho dessert 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated May 25, 2013

Cheeseburger in Paradise is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC by license from Jimmy Buffett. They have restaurants throughout the eastern seaboard. In addition to the traditional signature cheeseburger, they also have traditional American favorites, and Caribbean vibe dishes. There is also an extensive drinks menu.

The inside is decorated like a fake tiki bar . The outside looks like Miami Vice.

Favorite Dish: We haven't eaten at this particular restaurant, but when we go to Cheeseburger in Paradise this is what we had.

Bob had the fish and chips and it was too much for him to eat, so he left most of the fries and I ate his cole slaw. The cole slaw was very tasty - it had raisins and carrots in it. He also had a chocolate shake

I had the Island Quesadilla, which was a large flour tortilla stuffed with pulled chicken, Cheddar and Jack cheeses, crimini mushrooms, balsamic onions, roasted peppers and chopped bacon. It came with salsa and sour cream and I picked cole slaw as the side. I had a root beer float, which was a little sweeter than I expected because it had coconut flavor in it.

I couldn't eat it all either, so they gave me a carry-out box (photo 3) which had a sunset on it. I was also too full for dessert, even though some of the items on the dessert menu were tempting.

We found a coupon so we went again at the end of 2011. We both had a half rack of ribs (mine were with sweet potato chips) and I had a chocolate nachos. I was too full to eat it all, so I ate the ice cream and took the rest home. It was very good

Sign over the door 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Feb 15, 2011

We went to this restaurant with friends. It is in the gated part of Wildewood - the area for residents over 55, but the gates are mostly open. We went for trivia and they were not prepared for the huge influx of people. Service and possibly food suffered. It took a long time before we even got a glass of water.

Favorite Dish: I had the steamer clams (1/2 lb for $8.00 when we asked what kind of clams, we were told they were Chinese). Bob had the steamed shrimp, and my friends had the cream of crab soup. They said there was very little crab. I had a Calzone Ripieno Al Forno for $10.00 which had an extremely thick crust and the crust was partly burnt. One our our friends had a crabcake sandwich without the bread. She said was mayonaise based, but OK. It came with a salad and fries. Our other friend had penne pasta, and he said it was cold on the outside and hot on the inside. We had ice cream afterward.

• Seniors

by grandmaR Updated Jul 10, 2010

In the 'old days' - i.e. up to a couple of years ago - we had two Perkins restaurants in the county - one north of Leonardtown and one in the Wildewood shopping center. They had good cheap sometimes stogey and ordinary food, and they had a bakery with a lot of different kinds of muffins, cakes, pies etc.

Then Perkins closed and both restauarnts became ALICE'S. Now Alice's is gone. In Wildwood, the former Perkins/Alice's became the INDIGO GRILL. (The one in Leonardtown is vacant.) They are due to have a 'Grand Opening' later this month, so we may have had the 'beta' version.

Then the Indigo Grill closed and it became Petruzzi's. We went there when it first opened. We came back today (July 2009) and found that it had now become an Irish Pub.

It was Friday night, and we went over to Cheeseburger's in Paradise, but they said it would be 20 minutes, so we swung across the parking lot to this place which I think had recently opened. I didn't have my camera out when we went in and it was raining when we left, so I didn't get a picture of it from the outside, but it looks more or less the same as the other four previous restaurants - just with a different sign.

I was a little unhappy about the fact that there was a guitar player singing as it made things a bit too noisy for comfortable conversation. The chairs were comfortable, but they stuck out into the space behind them which made getting around in the room difficult.

Favorite Dish: Service was quite good, and prices were reasonable. Bob had fish and chips (which was too much for him to eat), and I had the seafood chowder and a chicken boxty (which is a potato and cheese dish). Then I had bread pudding, but there was so much I couldn't eat it all.

We went a year later. Bob had fish and chips again. They had strawberry soup, but this time I just had Shepard's Pie, and eschewed dessert.

Wildewood Nightlife

Logo 4 more images

by grandmaR Written Jun 2, 2012

Currently, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday there is live music. They serve a traditional Irish/American cuisine. Monday is trivia. Sometimes there is also free Comedy.

$2.00 Guiness Tuesday 4 to close

SATURDAY: 11AM- MIDNIGHT
    SUNDAY: CLOSED

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Wildewood

Comments

Wildewood Travel Guide
Map of Wildewood