Arlington Shopping

The end of an error...er, um... era!
    Wild Women
    Girls Gone Wild

Most Recent Shopping in Arlington

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Stop & Shop: Stop the Madness!!

by KarenandCory Updated Jan 30, 2006
    The end of an error...er, um... era!

Arlington has the advantage of having many nice little stores to shop in. Stop & Shop is the biggest and most convenient supermarket. Although the town won't allow a Super store for some reason, Stop & Shop still has just about everything you need. Here's one thing you may not know, Stop & Shop is EVIL! It's overpriced and crappy. Take it from someone who knows, all this company is concerned about it money. They don't care about the customer. Employees are encouraged to re-label itmes (yes, even in deli and meat department ewww) so you aren't getting anything "fresh" no matter what the label says.
    And for you recycling nuts who shop at the Arlington location: those plastic bags you bring in to be "recycled" are simply thrown away in the dumpster in the back room.
    Stop & Shop equals deception!
    Someone I know took a few pictures in one of the Stop & Shops and they were called a terrorist and were threatened with a law suit. If they had nothing to hide, they wouldn't have freaked out. Plus, this is a Country who prides herself on free speach. So, I'm exercising my free right to warn you all DO NOT SHOP HERE!

UPDATE I have ended my 2 decade long employment at Stop & Shop and am looking forward to my new life. This was my first store and I spent about 10 years here. I can now officially boycott the company, I will never shop here again. (1/30/2006)

What to buy: Please. Have you seen the produce department? The vegetables are all withered and crappy.
    The florist? The flowers suck, for real.
    The Bake Shop? I shudder that so many of you get cakes here... they come in frozen and are often re-labeled.
    The Deli? Well, Boar's Head brand is good but don't trust the dates, the "fresh" stuff is in the case for your viewing pleasure but you are getting the old stuff , trust me.
    Meat Department? Don't know much about it but do know some stores encourage re-labeling.
    Dairy? I'm gussing that's your safest bet. They can't re-label milk.

What to pay: TOO MUCH! Why do you shop here!?! Go to a local market, there are many choices in town.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Wild Women: Hold 'em back, they are wild and crazy!

by KarenandCory Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Wild Women

When I hear the words "Wild Women" I don't visualize Yoga Balls, Baby Strollers or Tents. But, hey, that's just me.

What to buy: Wild Women specializes in products for active women who enjoy the outdoors.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Arlington

Comments

Arlington Shopping

Reviews and photos of Arlington shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arlington sightseeing.