Billerica Travel Guide

RIGHT THIS WAY, PLEASE

Billerica Things to Do

• Rich62's Profile Photo

by Rich62 Written Oct 20, 2011

ASA POLLARD was the first American to be killed in the Battle of Bunker Hill. He walked outside the colonial fort, some say to look for water, others say to dare the British warships to shoot. A cannon was fired from a ship, the cannonball reportedly hit the ground near Asa, bounced into the air and decapitated him.

The spot where Asa lived is now marked with a plaque in town.

PLEASE RESPECT PRIVATE PROPERTY THE MARKER BY THE ROAD THE STONE PLAQUE THE HOME, NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC BUILT ON ASA POLARD'S PROPERTY

Billerica Hotels

Billerica Restaurants

• travelanywhere's Profile Photo

by travelanywhere Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is the best Indian restaurant, bar none, in Massachusetts. I was sitting next to an Indian Couple on my plane ride back from Santa Cruz. They live in Boston and I told them my fiance' was a British national and was always on the lookout for a great Indian place. They told me "Masala" was the best. The restaurant is located in the next town to where we live. I had wanted to go there for some time as I am most vegetarian.
    Sadly, there will be new ownership and the menu will offer meat dishes. However, the new owner has assured me that they will still have an extensive vegetarian menu and will be able to accomodate special needs diets (i.e. gluten free). The same vegetarian meals will be served.
    Every time we go there we are usually the only non-Indians in the restaurant. The music is fantastic!

Favorite Dish: The Mulligatawny soup is absolutely delicious. Try the plaintain and/or vegetable pakodas, the dosas are a must and, as an entree, we usually order a thali/platter with an assortment of foods.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Written Jun 14, 2010

After a long drive in the evening we were looking for a place to grab dinner before checking into our hotel. Mosts of the area restaurants had a 90 moinute wait for a table so we were looiking for a better option. This place was right across the street from our hotel and didn't seem overly busy so we decide to check it out.

Yes, the place was pretty empty and we had no problem getting a table for two. I thought Wow...this beats a 90 minute wait elsewhere. Our server came over with fresh warm rolls and took our drink order. The menu had a variety of fish and seafood items as well as chicken, pasta and sandwiches. I decided to have the fish and chips for my meal. My wife ordered the spinach and cheese ravioli in a white wine sauce with shrimp.

Our meals arrived rather fast which I thought was good since we were starved. My fish and chips was rather good with a very moist fish with a good, crispy crust. My wife's dish on the other hand left alot to be desired. The ravioli said they were stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese; there was no cheese to be found. The shrimp smelled fishy and there was a half eaten shrimp in the bowl that my wife definitely didn't eat herself. Needless to say one of us had a good meal and the other was thoroughly dissapointed. We left for the hotel and to find my wife a more suitable meal.

Fish & Chips The smile before the awful meal Spinach Ravioli with Shrimp

• Billerica Hotels

3 Hotels in Billerica

Billerica Favorites

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

by KarenandCory Written May 20, 2006

Favorite thing: My sister and her boyfriend recently bought a house near a river. It rained non-stop for about a week in May 2006. This series of pictures shows the river getting closer and closer to the house.

All the way up to the yard View from the deck Almost to the stairs I would have fished off the deck if I could. Ducks enjoying the flood.

Instant Answers: Billerica

Comments

Billerica Travel Guide
Map of Billerica