Allston, Boston

Know about this? Rate It!

Tim and I saying goodbye on moving day.
    by moiraistyx
  • moiraistyx's Profile Photo

COLLEGE STUDENTS GALORE

by moiraistyx Written Sep 13, 2006

Tim and I saying goodbye on moving day.

Favorite thing: Allston is a great neighborhood with lots of flavor, the only problem is all the gosh darn college students. I'm just kidding, I lived in Allston when I was going to college. It is loaded with college students which means it's abundant with parties, bars, clubs, and places to eat. My favorite burrito place is here Big Burrito as well as the best wings, Wing It, you'll ever have. Jay Leno used to visit the roast beef place over on Brighton Ave. Allston has access to the T as well as the Bus System. Be careful where you park your car here and never ever leave it unlocked. Also the cops are very strict about the no parking zones.

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo

Allston

by Cabana_Boy Updated Dec 5, 2003

Favorite thing: That funky place that is Allston...I used to live in Allston for a brief while when I first moved to Boston. It's a real diverse mix of people and being situated about half way between Boston Univerisity and Boston College ensures that a party crowd is always around...a real great nightlife scene.

Besides all the bars, there are a lot of ethnic restaurants and several quirky antique shops...

Fondest memory: My roomate, Charles, and I used to go into the Silhouette Bar every once in a while to drink with the real locals. The Silhouette very rarely got the "college" crowd , so, you could truly experience Allston's finest. What a trip, a rough trip and the Silhouette always provided us with a fascinating view into the lives of our neighbors as well as plenty of comedy. This was the type of bar that's still open at 7am (or possibly opens). I swear I drove past the Silhouette Bar one morning on my way to work and the front door was open and people were on their bar stools.

Instant Answers: Boston