Boston Public Garden, Boston

Know about this? Rate It!

Bridge & Lake Activity
    Enjoying The Public Garden
    Ducks Everywhere
  • Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

A beautiful park for nature lovers

by Laura_Mexico Updated Jun 16, 2008
    Me at Boston Public Garden - having an ice cream!

Favorite thing: Coming soon!

Fondest memory: This is a beautiful landscape (except for the weather, cause it made the picture look gray) of the little lake in Boston Public Garden and the buildings on the background, I love the contrast there is between nature and the city, all within a few meters... I bet this park must look wonderfully beautiful in the summer and fall time, with the trees full of colorful foliage and flowers everywhere!

• Adventure Travel

An Artist's Paradise

by Mikebb Updated Jun 9, 2008

Enjoying The Public Garden

Favorite thing: We thought the Public Garden and Lake was a fabulous place to relax and absorb the landscape. It did not surprise us when we saw an artist enjoying the brilliant sunlight and creating her own masterpiece.

Brass Ducks In The Public Garden

by Mikebb Updated Jun 9, 2008

A Popular Attraction

Favorite thing: The Public Garden and lake are naturally beautiful, however there are many other items in the garden to grab your attention. The Brass Ducks, mum and her trible of small ducklings bring people to a halt immediately and almost always recorded on camera.

Public Garden & Swan Boats - Delightful

by Mikebb Written Jun 7, 2008

Bridge & Lake Activity

Favorite thing: After walking through the Boston Common we crossed Charles Street and entered the Public Garden and Lake. It was late May, spring time and the gardens were full of brilliant colour it was a pleasure to just walk and enjoy the lush surroundings.

There was a bridge over the lake which attracted the crowd for that magic photo, the water, boats, colourful gardens and trees made a great backdrop. To top this off there were several statutes and brassworks throughout the park which grabbed our attention, particularly the line of ducks.

• Hiking and Walking

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Equestrian Washington

by yooperprof Updated Apr 10, 2004

george on my mind

Favorite thing: The Public Gardens in Boston are chock-a-block full of memorials and monuments. One of the most prominent is George Washington on horseback. This is the oldest public botanical garden in the United States, and it is certainly one of the loveliest. Bostonians keep this place immaculate - you can sense their civic pride here. It's a lovely place to wander on a spring afternoon.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Boston has some of the nicest US architecture

by richiecdisc Updated Dec 8, 2003

public garden

Favorite thing: Boston has some of the nicest architecture in the US and just walking around and admiring it is the one thing you just have to do. It also has some of the finest beer brewed in America and I must admit, that's why I went!

Fondest memory: I had been to Boston on a few occasions both with buddies in college and on my own to visit local friends but I had never really had a great time there. I had either not been able to get to the places I wanted to visit or people were busy working and unable to accompany me. But this time was going to be different. This was one big American City that Doreen wanted to see and we planned on finishing up our five-week tour of Eastern Canada and New England there. We arrived late one rainy afternoon and took refuge in Redbones, my favorite beer joint cum BBQ haven. It was a lengthy stop due to my inability to get a hold of my friends in town, the rain and the amusing guy we met at the bar. He seemed able to talk about just anything and fused with the great beers on tap, we had a great time whiling away the day. With the rain not abating, I was relieved to finally reach my local contacts and arranged to meet them at Cambridge Brewing over by Harvard University. We were stuffed from the huge platters at Redbones and ample beers but were planning on watching the local Red Sox take on their archival Yankees in the American League Playoffs. We were disappointed to find it canceled due to inclimate weather. Not matter, we still got into a nice session of the seasonal pumpkin ale once my friends arrived though we were happy to move it back to their house when it was suggested. We stayed up later than expected and with them having family plans the next day, we were up and out of their place early the next morning. We didn’t care as it was a gorgeous fall day and the crisp air and sunny skies beckoned us. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

• AdHocTravel's Profile Photo

Take a walk through the Public...

by AdHocTravel Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Take a walk through the Public Garden and the Boston Common. No matter the time of year, you'll find great people watching here!

Fondest memory: Strolling through the streets with Jeannine and shopping on Newberry Street.

• rozkramer's Profile Photo

Go on the Swan Boats even if...

by rozkramer Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Go on the Swan Boats even if you're not a kid. They are easily found at the Public Gardens by the Arlington T station.

Fondest memory: The view from my 11th floor apartment looking towards the beautiful green western suburbs of Boston.

• sjvessey's Profile Photo

sjvessey's General Tip

by sjvessey Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Walking round in the winter, with snow on the ground, the city looks almost magical. It's hellishly cold, but in a strange kind of way, I actually like the bite of frost in the air. This photo was taken just before sunset, in the Public Gardens, while standing on a frozen lake - the tree just catches the last rays of the sun before it sinks behind the buildings to the west.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Boston's Worthies in the Public Gardens

by yooperprof Updated Apr 10, 2004

out for a stroll

Favorite thing: Is that Emerson standing above the bushes, just about to round the corner? Or maybe Longfellow? It's fun to meander around and see how many of the statues are of people you can identify.

• luciano's Profile Photo

luciano's General Tip

by luciano Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: The Public Gardens.

Squirrels, ducks, swans, a pond, a small bridge, the George Washington monument, and lots of flowers around the west entrance.

Instant Answers: Boston