Littlest Bar, Boston

Know about this? Rate It!

The large bar
    The Draft Master Tap beer on tables
    Nice windows
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Littlest Bar: Really.....not so little

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013
    Enjoying a beer

Ferni and I always enjoy wandering around Boston and finding places to grab a beer or two. We were a little tired from exploring and decided to stop in here grab a beer and relax before doing some more wandering. The bar has a more "brighter" look than your usual pub/bars with the bar and interior decorated in light woods.

The name of this bar denotes its original size, being the littlest bar in Boston before they had to relocate to its current location. The bar now is a good size with large stained glass windows and a decent size bar. There are plenty of tables and a few with the "Draft Master" system of pour your own tap beer which currently offer two types of draft, a Guinness and a Smithwich. The concept seems to make this bar quite unique and these tables require reservations, especially during busy weekend/nights.

We arrived and the bar was empty, Ferni and I ordered a beer and spent the next hour chatting about our upcoming trips.

The menu has some nice selection of dishes as well, but we were here for a drink. I ordered my Blue Moon as usual and Ferni a Stella.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Littlest Bar: A Real Gem of a Pub

by cjg1 Updated Nov 15, 2010

Liz enjoying her Pilsner (1/13/10)

The Littlest Bar is a real gem of a place for me. It's off the beaten path and away from the crowds of tourists. Here I can relax and enjoy a beer; without all the masses. This place is a perfect pre dinner drink place or wind down the night.

The name says "Littlest" but it is not a small place at all. It is a good size with a large bar with plenty of seating as well as tables lining the perimeter. There is a good selection of cocktails, wine, beer and pub grub.

Our last visit here was November 2010; during a bit of a warm spell. We decided to stop in for a pre-dinner drink and to relax. We had a seat at the bar and perused our beer options. I ordered a Miller Lite for me and a Pilsner for Liz. It was a nice time; enjoying some cold beer and discussing life.

Dress Code: Casual

• diver-x's Profile Photo

The Littlest Bar: The Littlest Bar

by diver-x Updated Dec 30, 2007

Always a great place to catch Last Call, the Littlest is a Boston tradition. You will be amazed at how many people can cram into this little space, and you will always find interesting people to strike up a conversation with here. The Littlest is a 'Must See'.

UPDATE:
    Sadly, the Littlest Bar is now just a fond memory! The entire block was sold and demolished! Construction on the site is ongoing. Not sure what's going in there, but I heard a rumor of luxury condos. So sad that another local Boston treasure is gone!!!

Dress Code: None.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Littlest Bar: the Littlest Bar in Boston

by shohman Written Oct 25, 2003

The name says it all, you are most likely to be sitting on a case of beer, but this place has a certain charm.

Dress Code: casual