The Sevens, Boston

77 Charles St (617) 523-9074

Know about this? Rate It!

Dart board in the background
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

The Sevens: Nice place on Beacon Hill

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013

Dart board in the background

One of my colleagues at work is a Boston native and alumn of BU. As I was discussing visiting Boston for a few days she suggested that if we find ourselves around Beacon Hill to stop by this place.

During our visit we were strolling around the beautiful neighborhood of Beacon Hill and stumbled upon the bar and decided to go in and have a few drinks and maybe a little something to eat. I had a Blue Moon and my friend had a Stella. We decided to order a quick bite to eat since we were having dinner in about 3 hours and didn't want to spoil it.

The bar is a great university hang out. There is a dart board in the back and a large TV playing the day's games and a great local vibe.

Dress Code: Beware, the food was horrible. I mean, the spinach dip was actually from a can and heated in the microwave and the chicken fingers were not crispy, more soggy really, because apparently they heated them in the microwave as well, yuk!!

I would highly recommend this place as a quick stop for a few beers and maybe a game or two of darts, but stay away from the food!!

My co-worker was horrified when I mentioned the lack of good food. She said that they were known for their sandwiches, go figure, I didn't try any of their sandwiches.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Sevens: Cool Bar, Horrible Food

by cjg1 Written Apr 23, 2008

While here we made the mistake of ordering the Spinach Dip. It was basically a thick soup from a can heated marginally in a microwave. I was astounded. But hey. For as cheap as it was I ate a little and then walked out.

Instant Answers: Boston