Know about this? Rate It!
A historical cemetery and arboretum
The Mount Auburn Cemetery is one of my favorite places to spend time walking around when the weather is nice. I love looking at the old gravestones and reading the names, as well as the lusciousness of the place. I'd recommend picking up a map when you get there, either by car or by bike (you'll have to park the bike when you get there), since it's quite large and easy to get lost following all the different paved and unpaved paths. There's a number of notable figures buried here, including Buckminster Fuller and Isabella Stewart Gardner. You can also get a great view from the top of the tower. It's truly a hidden gem for those who live in Boston.
- Hiking and Walking
- Historical Travel
Harvard Square in Cambridge
You'll find cute shops and restaurants with a truly exciting atmosphere. Buskers line the streets singing their songs and playing guitar... students play chess out on the patio at Cafe du Bon Pain... tourists gather t-shirts and newspapers at the Out of Town News... it's a real community, where people go to hang out and enjoy themselves.
Located right across the Charles River from Boston, MIT is one of the best colleges in the world. I'm sure the curriculum here is very challenging, but I love to see what kind of things students learn here. I was impressed by the architectures of the campus, and the people (students and faculty) were very friendly too.
- Work Abroad
- Study Abroad
The MIT and Harvard experience...
If you get to go to the MIT or Harvard universities don't miss the chance of getting confused among the students. It is easy to slip inside the class rooms and you'll probably find some interesting information to take a picture with like in the following picture: Me teaching Quantum Chemistry at the MIT!
CAMBRIDGE: Home to 2 top U
CAMBRIDGE: Home to 2 top universities in the world - Harvard & MIT!
Take the T across Charles Bridge to Harvard & Kendall.
- Family Travel
In Cambridge, I found this interesting bookshop:
'Revolutionary Books' ... just in the wolf's den !! :)
T station 'Harvard' on the red line.
Boston is proud of the Harvard...
Boston is proud of the Harvard University, such famous school in the world. How can you miss it then?
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Boca Chica Key
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels
- Scottsdale Hotels
- Douala Hotels
- Sugar Pine Point State Park Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path