Know about this? Rate It!
King's Chapel Burying Ground
When I visit old cemeteries, I try to imagine myself in the past. But as I stare at the graves of long dead people, who have nobody left to mourn them, I can't help but be distracted by the idiotic simplicity of the modern surroundings. In this case, I wonder what William Dawes' family would think of Ruth's Chris Steak House. It's just kinda weird having people eat $50 steaks as they look out at historical corpses. Yeah, I know, it's the circle of life. God's rolling his eyes at us as Jesus looks over his shoulder and says, "See, Father, I told you. They really are that bad."
King's Chapel Burying Ground is the site of the graves of many historical figures. It was Boston's only burial site for 30 years, and is a stop on the Freedom Trail.
- Historical Travel
- Budget Travel
Boston has some of the oldest intact graveyards in the new world. This graveyard is just down the street from the Old North Church. It was fascinating to wander through and see the dates for the stones and realize that some of these people died for the freedom of the USA
Visit a graveyard...
Visit a graveyard on a cold, windy, overcast October or November day in Salem, Massachusetts... Salem is a quintessential New England town (and there are many) characterized by its small size, 18th century architecture and an incorporation date back in the 17th or 18th century. Salem has a dark history as its claim to fame surrounds the witch hunt and subsequent trials that took place here in 1692 in which 20 people were hanged to death for 'being' witches. Keeping this in the back of your head helps to add to the overall graveyard experience…
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Yuba Lake State Recreation Area Hotels
- Boca Chica Key
- Surabaya Hotels
- Utan Hotels
- Chacarilla Hotels
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path