Know about this? Rate It!
Venetian Gondolas on the Charles?
Now this was a find in my own back yard. This was a very relaxing and fun trip. I was surprised at how quiet it was even on the Esplanade by Boston's Hatch Shell that was crammed with concert goers in lawn chairs and on blankets-not to mention the boatloads of spectators.
We sipped on champagne and noshed on strawberries while seranaded by an accordian player/singer at dusk. So cool!
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Arts and Culture
Great place for a stroll
The Charles River Esplanade is a peaceful place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The main section is along the south shore of the Charles River adjacent to the Back Bay Neighborhood. In reality, the Charles River is actually a dammed up lake and is technically called the Charles River Basin. There is a paved path that follows the basin, crosses stone bridges, and affords wonderful views of Downtown Boston and MIT in Cambridge. In nice weather the Esplanade is full of joggers and walkers. Yet it is still a quiet, peaceful break from the streets of Boston.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cheung Chau Hotels
- New Hampshire Hotels
- Whistler Hotels
- Sunny Beach
- San Francisco
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path