Know about this? Rate It!
She said she was a starving artist!!!!!
They were sitting in the muck and grime of Downtown Crossing. I thought my "donation" might go for something other than food but no matter. They gave me good conversation and lots of smiles. When I got back to the hotel and turned on the news, I found out a woman had jumped from a highrise building in the crossing that very same afternoon. She carried a baby in her arms. They both died. Her husband found the suicide note. I was reminded that life's happiness is all in how you look at things. I was happy to be in BOS where this woman apparently found no reason to go on. Sad. Life is precious.
- Budget Travel
- Arts and Culture
Downtown Crossing is a great place to do budget shopping (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Filenes, H&M), and merely people watch. the place is almost always businest during lunch hour, and is a fascinating place to be. Oh just to stand on the corner or sit at a table and watch everyone go by!
Not to leave you hanging....
Here's the entire statue and me giving it what it deserves. I obviously have way too much time on my hands.
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pulau Kukup Hotels
- Durian Tunggal Hotels
- Utan Hotels
- Butuan City
- Chuckanut Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path