Know about this? Rate It!
SOUTH BOSTON...('Southie' to...
SOUTH BOSTON...('Southie' to locals) is the Irish section of town, a fact which immediately becomes apparent due to signs like these! Little by little, though, other ethnic groups are moving into the area -- Albanians perhaps foremost among them, which has led to the incongruity of our having an Albanian Church directly across the street from one of the larger Irish pubs... Speaking of pubs, if you are in the mood to experience 'Belfast-in-America', stop by THE BAGGOT INN (at the intersection of Broadway and Dorchester Streets). The place is especially lively on weekends, when there is great live Irish music.
DORCHESTER HEIGHTS... On this...
DORCHESTER HEIGHTS... On this hill in South Boston, George Washington won a decisive victory over British troops in March of 1776.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kochi Hotels
- Brisbane Hotels
- Quepos Hotels
- Kemmuna Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach
- Key West
- Traverse City
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path