Cambridge Brewing Company, Boston

Fish and Chips
  • diver-x's Profile Photo

Cambridge Brewing Company: Cambridge Brewing Company

by diver-x Written Oct 21, 2002

CBC is another great brew pub around Boston. They serve up consistently great beer and ale along with their food menu. The food tends to be a little trendy, but pretty good:
    Example - Red Curry Seared Tofu over greens with sesame-ginger vinaigrette and herbed bread sticks
    I think their pizzas & sandwiches are the best bet with your beer.
    CBC also offers a decent wine list for those who don't care for suds.

Favorite Dish: The Scotch Ale and the fries.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Cambridge Brewing Company: Good Beer, Good Food

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 14, 2011

The group decided to move out for our last night in search of a good beer, and that led us to the Cambridge Brewing Company, near the MIT campus. Our group of six was seated quickly, and the waiter quickly got our first round of drinks. The beer was excellent. They have four beers on the menu that are year round beers, then about another half dozen that move in and out with the seasons. I tried a pair of them - both were quite tasty. The menu is close to what I would call standard pub fare - salads, sandwiches, pizzas. You also can get some entrees that have chicken or fish. I ended up with the fish and chips. The potatoes were good, I found the fish to be a little on the bland side (I seem to have this problem a lot - maybe my expectations for fish and chips is too high.) Our waiter was around a lot to help keep the food and drinks coming. The ambiance is what you probably would expect - noisy crowd, with everyone seemingly having a good time.

The highlight of the meal for me was dessert - Beer Ice Cream! They use the wort from the brewing process to make it. It has a very subtle flavor, but a great aftertaste!

Dinners run in the low teens - add on dessert and a few beers, and you might get up to the $30 range after tip. This was my favorite meal in Boston.

Beer Ice Cream Fish and Chips Something brewing CBC Before ...and after!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Cambridge Brewing Company: One more good reason to go to Harvard....

by richiecdisc Updated Dec 4, 2003

Though the interior is non-descript and modern, the service is good, the beers great and the food is eclectic and reasonable.

Favorite Dish: We had tried quite a few pumpkin ales on this trip through New England but Cambridge made by far the best example. Full of pumpkin but still with a nice dry palate and very much a beer, not a slice of pie. ;) The Bodacious Bitter is a hoppy delight as well. We had eaten a big lunch so we just split a brick oven pizza that was an excellent accompaniment to their house-made brews.

map how to reach Cambridge Brewing