4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

9 Tyler Street, Boston, MA 02111 617-426-4338

by rwlittle
  • joits's Profile Photo

China Pearl: Good dim sum!

by joits Written May 1, 2008

I haven't really had a lot of dim sum and so when my friend took me here it was sort of a new experience. I had been to a similar restaurant where they bring the food to you and you choose. I'll admit, I could not understand what the ladies were saying, their accents were a little thick but thank god my friend had been here before and knew what was good and she made recommendations. There is the temptation when food is presented like this to order more than you can eat and we came close. Everything looked so good and I just wanted to keep saying yes but luckily we ordered just enough so that we were full but still okay to explore Boston on foot. The food was really good. The price of the dishes are around $5 if I remember correctly. I definitely thought the quality of the dim sum was really delicious, although I admit, I have really no basis to compare to. As far as other restaurant stuff, the waiters didn't come around asking what kind of drink we wanted. There was already tea on the table but we had to call a waiter just to get water. I think that at a bare minimum, a waiter needs to bring water when a new customer comes in. Overall, I would recommend it for the delicious food.

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

China Pearl: The best Dim Sum in Boston

by Bilimari Written Mar 8, 2006

This is an extremely busy place for Dim Sum lunch.
    It is most likely that you'll need to get a number and wait till they call your number. You could be waiting for from 10-15 min. to 1 hour or even longer! It's especially busy on the weekend.

It's Dim Sun, so once you are seated, you'll wait for carts with different dishes to come by your table. If you are not sure of what they are carrying, ask them to remove the lid to show inside. Most of them speak very little English, so visual check is the way to go, if you are not sure.

You can also request meals on a menu.

They also serve dinner.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp fried roll, sumai, cha su bao, and deep fried sesame balls. They usually bring Jasmine tea, but I always ask for woo long tea.

• rwlittle's Profile Photo

China Pearl: Best Dim Sum in Boston

by rwlittle Written Apr 2, 2005
    China Pearl, Boston

We eat here as often as possible, despite the fact that I'm now out in Franklin. China Pearl has what I would classify as the best dim sum available in Boston, easily. It's a multi-floor restaurant in Chinatown. To get a table, go inside and take a number from the man at the microphone just inside the door. Then, wait for your number to be called, head back in, and take a seat! To accelerate your seating process, I'd suggest you allow yourself to be seated at one of the larger tables with other folks; it's a great way to meet people!

Dishes are wheeled by on carts, which stop at your table so that you can choose amongst them. Generally I try so many different dishes that I leave feeling a little bloated. When you're ready to leave, someone will come by and total your bill, and then you go pay at one of the counters.

Favorite Dish: dim sum, can't be beat!

• China Pearl: Great dimsum!

by delikado Written Aug 20, 2004

I've tried numerous restaurants offering dim sum in Boston, but China Pearl is my favorite! I find the food to be fresh, tasty, and definitely affordable. They offer a wide range of dim sum, so be adventurous! Also, be prepared for the huge crowds on Sundays, where everyone stands in line waiting for their number to be called, bingo style!

• heywinks's Profile Photo

China Pearl: DIM SUM

by heywinks Updated Jul 10, 2003

This is the best dim sum place in boston!
    The dim sum carts are pushed around the restaurant and you order what you want from the carts. The price for each dish various but about $1.75-$3 average per dish. A dim sum lunch for two is usually around $25. It gets really really crowded here during lunch time. It's best to go before 11am.

Favorite Dish: I love almost everything on the dim sum menu! tripe, different kinds of dumplings (steamed & fried), clams w/ black bean sauce, fried salted shrimp, the various buns, mango bodine, tapioca pudding w/ coconut milk, etc...

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near China Pearl
4.0 out of 5 stars