Cibo -, Boston

by TempNomad
  • TempNomad's Profile Photo

Cibo: North End

by TempNomad Written Sep 8, 2003

The atmosphere here is very casual, and they've decorated the walls with fun paintings. It's a little crowded, but this is the North End, after all!

We had a strange experience here, but overall a positive one. We ordered a couple of bottles of wine for the four of us, and then were kept waiting quite a while. The food was wonderful, but my sister found a hair in her pasta. We asked the waitress to take it away and instead of just doing that, she returned and explained how the hair couldn't have been one of the kitchen workers because their hair is thicker. And it couldn't be one of hers because it was back in a pony-tail. I suppose she was trying to say it was one of ours, but we didn't make an issue. Having been a waitress for many years (as has my sister!) we were both really annoyed that she didn't just apologize profusely. Anyway, 'nuff said. The food was really good.

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful spinach ravioli dish, and everyone else was very happy with their food as well. The wine list is fine, not too extensive, and they didn't have a cheap house wine, but we found wines we liked.

Instant Answers: Boston