Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar, Boston

4.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

415 Washington Street, Somerville, MA 02143 617.661.3254

• ME!  Having a wonderful time at dinner. Mar 11,'06
    ME! Having a wonderful time at dinner....
    by cjg1
  • Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar
    by Gypsystravels
    Dali Spanish Restaurant - Somerville
    by amapola66
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar: A step back to Spain

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

This place oozes Spain and everything that you may think a Spanish restaurant looks like in Spain. Dali is decorated with a bohemian/gypsy decor, the walls are packed with all sorts of things, including vines and flowers hanging from the ceiling. The bar is a beautiful piece of art with a tile theme. We arrived sometime around 8 pm on a Saturday night and ordered a pitcher of Sangria and drank it at the bar while we waited for our table. The wait is on average about 40 minutes but you don't mind as you sip your Sangria.

The vibe of the place is extremely welcoming and gets better with every hour, after sipping each glass of sangria and you will see people transformed laughing, dancing and drinking the night away. The music playing is Salsa for the most part and we saw a couple trying to squeeze in a quick dance.

Favorite Dish: We ordred the sopa de ajo, patatas brava and the langosta a la plancha. A pitcher of Sangria to wash it all down and the flan to top off a fantastic eveing.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Dali: A Tasty Dinner for Two

by cjg1 Updated Oct 25, 2010

ME!  Having a wonderful time at dinner. Mar 11,'06

This is a really nice place for tapas or dinner or even just getting a glass of wine. I have now been here three times. One thing that never changes about this place is the crowds of people. My recent visit was a smooth entry; thanks to my wife making a reservation before we even got to Boston.

The atmosphere of the place is quite nice. I like dark restuarants where you can feel as if it just the two of you despite the masses of patrons in the place.

The menu here has a nice selction of wine, tapas and more substantial entrees such as paella. You really can't go wrong with ordering here; the food is that good.

Favorite Dish: I have has the paella here which I thought was quite good along with the garlic soup.

My last visit here my wife and I decided to share a few tapas items along with drinks. I had a beer and she was delighted to try their version of a Bellini. Her Bellini was good but not the best she has had. The Garlic shrimp and the calimari were my favorite. My wife loved the lobster and crab ravioli; I had to beg her for a bite..

• salvamea4545's Profile Photo

Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar: Best spanish experience!

by salvamea4545 Written Apr 24, 2007

What can I say about this restaurant? If you want to have the Spanish experience of your time! Go to DALI! Love it… unbelievable cozy! The food is great. I am sure others have said it’s a “tapas place” so you will have the variety of picking multiple entrees. I always go during a weeknight as the weekend is 2 hours waiting list and since Wednesday is not that bad..they decorate the tables with roses petals (I am not sure about weekends though)…VERY romantic and the ambience is to dye for!!!

Favorite Dish: Do not miss the rabbit…wow!!!!

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar: I WAS HERE LONG, LONG AGO

by moiraistyx Written Jun 29, 2006

I came here back in 1992 just a couple of years after the restaurant opened. A friend of mine was in town from Saudi Arabia and he wanted to take me some place special. The atmosphere of this place is a great combination of being romantic yet family friendly, at least for behaved children. We went late in the evening so there weren't any children there at the time. The food was fantastic and so was the company. Al, my company, was so thrilled with the flan that he asked for the recipe. They didn't give it though. Oh well, you can knock a guy for trying. Make sure you check out the wine list, there's lots of wonderful choices, you're sure to find something you'll like.

Favorite Dish: The sopa de ajo (garlic soup) was fabulous. I also had the patatas bravas (Potatoes w/Piquant Tomato & Alioli) and the flan. I was a vegetarian at the time so no meat was crossing these lips.

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Dali: Fun, Lively, European Tapas Bar & Restaurant

by amapola66 Updated Feb 27, 2005

Dali Spanish Restaurant - Somerville

Enjoy a glass of Spanish Sangria with a yummy tapas in lively but relaxed surrounding in this cool restaurant/bar in Somerville.

It was my favourite place while I lived in Boston and the only place where I felt I could 'taste food' again after being away from home for so long.

We often popped in on the way home 'for a quick drink' and would end up staying much longer. They were very welcoming to the Small Person and always gave her a drink in a fancy glass with decorations and straws etc - Unusual for the Boston area to have a bar that welcomed adults and children in such a nice way.

The decor is full on fun, flowery and eclectic, you will always have something to look at and unlike many other Boston eateries, the customers chatted, drank and smoked (the latter apparently, no more) loudly and happily...A little like the real Spain .

There is also a full restaurant at the back where we often ate for special occasions. It had just as much atmosphere and I always had the sea bass baked in salt. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Highly recommended.
    (They have a no reservation policy unless 6 or more people for the restaurant).

Dinner nightly 5:30 to 11:00 6:00 to 11:30 June - August Bar until 12:30

Favorite Dish: A variety of the usual tapas were available :
    Tortilla Española
    Patatas Ali-Oli
    Boquerones
    etc etc
    but my favourite dish of all, was fantastic -
    Queso de Cabra Montañes (Baked Goat Cheese w/Tomato & Basil). We'd sometimes order 2 or 3, dipping their wonderful home baked bread into the dish.

Pescado a la Sal (Fresh Fish baked in coarse salt as prepared in Cadiz. In this dish the salt acts as a cooking agent, enhancing the tenderness of the flesh)

Instant Answers: Boston