Finale, Boston

5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

One Columbus Avenue, Boston, MA 02116 617-423-3184

• My most recent dessert:  Butterscotch pudding
    My most recent dessert: Butterscotch...
    Creme Brulee
    Creme Brulee
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Finale: Incredible Desserts

by cjg1 Updated Sep 26, 2012

My most recent dessert:  Butterscotch pudding

Finale is the place to come for decadent desserts or at least that's what we were told. There are several locations of Finale with a large variety of delicious treats. They also serve food items as well as coffee. After a filling seafood dinner and a nice walk;we decided to grab some dessert to bring back to the hotel.

Upon entering Finale there is a take away area to the left with a large display cases filled with desert items. On the right side there is a nice sized dining area with tables and booths. Liz and I perused the display case that was filled with brownies, cheesecake, creme brulee, tiramisu, cupcakes, cookies, pies, tarts and whoopie pies.

I decided to have the white chocolate cheesecake and Liz selected her favorite creme brulee. The cashier packed the desserts in a to go bag and included plastic utensils and napkins. We took our desserts back to the hotel for our own dessert picnic in bed. The cheesecake was the best I have tasted. It was very creamy and smooth with a delicious raspberry on top. Liz loved her creme brulee and after I had a taste of it; I knew it was incredible. Finale is a definite must if you want fantastic desserts in Boston. I look forward to our next "finale" treat.

Favorite Dish: The cheesecake hers is out of this world good; rich and creamy. My new favorite here is their Butterscotch pudding; very decadent. Liz loves their creme brulee with it's crunchy sugar shell top and silky smooth custard.

Take away desserts are the same delicous taste and quality just in neat portable portions.

• heywinks's Profile Photo

FINALE: IT'S TIME FOR DESSERT NOW...

by heywinks Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you love dessert, this would be dessert heaven for you. You want chocolate cake?? How about a rich, warm luxurious chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate center that melts in your mouth? Or how about a crispy Bartlett pear tart with spicy cinnamon ice cream? Sounds sinful doesn't it??
    These are just two of the selections on the menu. There are many more to choose from.
    The prices here are steep but when you see the desserts you know that you came to the right place. This place is upscale (not for kids). You don't just get the chocolate cake. The desserts are an artform, very pretty to look at. And with the open kitchen, you can see just exactly how they make the dessert you ordered. Everything is made to order.
    One thing to remember: Come here on an empty stomach. And if you are on a diet, you might want to cheat just this one time.

• Phildagr8's Profile Photo

Finale: Pamper yourself with the utmost Dessert!!

by Phildagr8 Written Apr 10, 2007

Tables and the bar

This place is not only elegant, but it's also exquisite! They have desserts that I've never heard of. The guy in the kitchen is a chef in the arts more than his of food.

I suggest you check out the website first, as you'll see what they have (words just cannot do this place justice!), and then you'll make the trip when you're ready to indulge with a capital "I".

They have 3 locations in Boston, and I've noted all 3 below. They also take reservations, and their menu is available online.

Favorite Dish: Their coffee's are great, too! They have different coffee's with different liquors. Their Mexican coffee is coffee with tequila. I had a coffee with Bailey's irish cream and it was fantastic.

The service was great, and I'll be back.

• Luxury Travel

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Finale: Incredible Desserts!

by sarahandgareth Updated Jan 14, 2007

Finale storefront in Boston

Nothing could be more logical than stopping for a dessert after a night at the theatre and we've done so on more than occasion. Although, since we don't go to the theatre all that often, we will have to think of other events that also require a dessert stop.

While Finale does serve lunch and dinner, most people (us included) drop in for their main event - dessert. On one occasion, we shared a special tasting dessert for two, which was absolutely divine, and each got a glass of the recommended dessert wine. On other occasions, we've had individual desserts and even tried the desert wine tasting flight. So far, everything has been great. Wow!

Favorite Dish: Although I can't remember exactly what we've had each time, everything has been excellent to date. We especially enjoy the dessert wine and port selections and pairings.

Instant Answers: Boston