Places to eat in Boston

by Jefie

Most Viewed Restaurants in Boston

Paris Creperie: Best Crepes this side of France

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

If you're craving a bit of Paris why not stop by this great creperie located here in Beacon Hill?!!

Serving authentic French crepes, Paris Creperie is a great place to stop in for a quick taste of Paris. I love their sweet crepes with the Nutella being my favorite. They carry a large range of crepes with warm or cold drinks to go with it.

If you prefer, stop by in the morining and have a crepe for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: I had a my crepe filled with Nutella and a Nutella drink (served hot or cold).

Boloco: Great quick meal

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

This is one of the best places I have had a quick, tasty, inexpensive meal. Better than any fast food joint. We were getting a bit peckish after walking around our second day in Boston and we came across this place. Originally called the "Wrap" this place specializes in what else, wraps which they call "Burritos".

The place wasn't crowded and has a few tables with an open kitchen. Your food comes out fresh and quick and oh so yummy.

I was told by the "cook" that during the week day lunch hours the crowds are out the door. There is a reason, their wraps are the best I have had.

Favorite Dish: I tried the ""Bangkook Burrito" a Thai-style wrap with peanut sauce, Asian slow, cucumbers, rice on a tortilla wrap and washed it down with a "Mango Passion" smoothie. Veronica had a non inspired Cesear Wrap and I think the "Cape Codder".

Their Prices are just right, the wraps were $5 for the regular, $6 for the large, the smoothies were $3 for the small and $4 for the large.

Dolce Vita Ristorante: Dolce Vita Ristorante

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

We decided to go over to North End for an authentic Italian meal. We didn't have any particular restaurant in mind so we walked until we found a place that suited us. It was so hot and Ferni and I really wanted a restaurant with indoor air conditioned dinning. Joann had eaten at this restaurant years before and said the food was realy good. So in we went.

The restaurant is an upscale Italian restaurant with a large cavernous dinning area. The walls are decorated with pop art which was quite refreshing. We entered the restaurant and were asked to sit wherever we wanted, we promptly found a nice table.

The waiter was nice, although it seemed like he was new from the way he was overly attentive. We were given our menus which has an extensive selection of meals.

Favorite Dish: We started our meal with a bottle of Pelegrino for the table. Joann and I both had a wonderful glass of chardonnay and Ferni had Heinenken with his meal.

I ordered the scallops scampi, always my favorite. Joann had the Arugula Salomn salad and Ferni had the chicken parmesan with pasta.

We were all very happy with our meals, but be aware that they serve very little pasta with the meal.

Davio's Boston: Northen Italian

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

We wanted to have a wonderful meal at a restaurant my friend had never visited. I did some research and had a list of a few fine dining places for us to choose from. We decided on Davio's. Davio's was more than just fine dining, it was an experience. The restaurant is packed every day of the week and a reservation for a Saturday is usually 4 weeks out. We didn't have reservations since we weren't sure what time we would be back in the city, so we decided to just go and hope we'd get lucky with a table.

We arrived at Davio's sometime around 8:30 pm and asked if there was a table. The restaurant was full and even the bar seemed crowded with diners. The hostess suggested we sit at the "Chef's" table which is a full service table. We were seated at the table with the kitchen in plain view. The wait staff was excellent and the kitchen served to be a great source of entertainment.

At one point, a women approached the kitchen and started ordering the wait staff around, I laughed and called her "Leona" (Helmsly), as she was like a drill sargent. We laughed and thought that she was a hostess in charge of a large party, we still aren't sure, but we can bet that she is the owner of this establishment.

The dining area is huge. We estimated about 100 tables in an open area, high ceilings and dark wood throughout the restaurant. The bar was crowded and many people were enjoying a full meal there.

We had a wonderful experience and enjoyed every bit of our meal. But if you are in a rush, this is not your place. They are so busy that it does take time for you meal to come out.

Favorite Dish: A small try of assorted olives, hummus and garlic butter are brought out with a basket of warm bread. We started our meal ordering the arugula salad which we shared and "Davio's Philly Cheese Steak Rolls with spicey Ketchup". For my main course I had the "Pan Seared Sea Scallops, Sweet Creamy Corn, Potato Millefoglie". It was delicious. My friend had the "Raised Right Free-Range Chicken, Sautéed Spinach, Whipped Yukon Potatoes,
    Sugo Naturale". We topped our selection with a Reisling.

The meal was excellent and I would hightly recommend this restaurant. I did notice that the majority of the dinners ordered either their Veal Tenderloin or their rack of Veal, or the Steak.

• kehale's Profile Photo

Rino's Place: Get the Lobster Ravioli!

by kehale Written Nov 15, 2012

We'd first heard of Rino's when watching an episode of Diner's, Drive-in's and Dive's on the Food Network. At the time we were living in British Columbia, but still visited my boyfriend's family in Boston frequently. On a return trip there in October of 2012, we decided to try dinner though the place is small and known to be busy with long waits to get a table. We lucked out and arrived before the dinner rush on Thursday and all 5 of us were seated very quickly. The staff were so friendly and it was hard to choose one item on the menu.

The prices seemed high, but once we saw the portion sizes and tasted the food, the prices were completely justified! One of the best dinner's I have ever had - EVER! I recommend making a trip here, but try to get there early and avoid the long waits... but even if you have to wait, I'll tell you - it's all worth it!

Favorite Dish: The Lobster Ravioli or the Gnocchi! It's hard to choose one because they were both fantastic!

The Ravioli has a ton of Lobster in it, but also in the sauce. You would think that would make it too rich, but it wasn't. It was absolutely perfect and each of us that tried it, loved it. My father-in-law used the bread on the table to completely wipe his bowl clean!

I ordered the Gnocchi and it was the best I have ever had (and I am known for ordering it at every Italian restaurant we go to). They weren't as heavy and dense as I find them to be at most places, which means I didn't fill up quite as fast and was able to enjoy most of my giant plate of it... the leftovers made an excellent lunch for the next day. We'll definitely be visiting this restaurant again.

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo

Towne Stove & Spirits: Absolutely Delicious on Boyleston Street!

by rudysmom626 Written Aug 11, 2012

For my first night in town, we decided to throw a casual gathering for people who were arriving early for the reunion and weren't from Boston, so we (aka myself) wouldn't end up eating dinner alone at the hotel. We wanted a place that was hip enough to not feel stuffy for our age group (27 - 30ish), but also would be serving food late, since many of us were flying from across the country, some even internationally. A lot has changed since I lived outside Boston, so I enlisted a friend from high school who lives there full-time to help me choose Towne as the venue.

Towne was awesome. The drinks were delish, it was lively but not TOO loud, the waitstaff was accomodating and knowledgeable about the menu, the food was AWESOME. My only complaint is that I felt it was VERY expensive considering what we were ordering - my meal ended up being almost 70 dollars for just me aka 2 drinks and one dish. However, the food was delicious and everyone was happy, so I was happy. Also, it's very conveniently located on Boyleston Street in the middle of Back Bay, so another aspect people mentioned was that it was really convenient for both visitors and the kids who came that live full-time in Boston.

Favorite Dish: I started with the Roman Candle (prosecco, chambord, pineapple, & fresh raspberry), and while it was good, I switched over to the Moscow Mule (vodka, ginger beer, lime, ginger syrup, candied ginger) and it was delicious! Our table ordered the sweet potato fries w/ chipotle mayo + lime and cornmeal fried popcorn shrimp before I got there, which they said was really good. I had the salmon (now it's different on the menu), it was what the waitress suggested was their best seller/her favorite. My friend had the tuna, and it was also very good, but we all agreed that my salmon was the big winner of the table.

• Singles
    • Luxury Travel

The Mission: Good Local Eatery

by garridogal Updated Jul 16, 2012

Located in my work neighborhood, The Mission is always good for a tasty lunch. And it's always hopping too since it's one of the few "nice" places in an area busy with hospitals and schools. What I mean by "nice" is that this is not one of the various fast and/or ethnic food places whose food is wonderful but whose service and ambiance are casual. It looks like an English pub, rich in dark wood and brass fixtures. They use large windows that open, and mirrors to optimize the look of a pretty small spot.

Favorite Dish: I've had their Greek salad a few times, topped with either chicken or salmon. It's lovely and tasty. I've also had their sandwiches and enjoyed them - especially the vegetable panini. I might also add that The Mission has a hopping bar scene but I've never checked it out. I generally try to get out of this neighborhood as soon as work is out.

• Business Travel
    • Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• PupDawg's Profile Photo

Tasty Burger: In the heart of Fenway

by PupDawg Updated Jan 23, 2012

Tasty Burger located at the end of Yawkee Way features hand crafted burgers. Dine in or walk up take out window, be sure to check out the burger of the day! Each item is cooked to order but the short wait is worth it. There are outdoor picnic tables and free on site parking. We have not been there during a Red Sox game but I would imagine the wait is long and the parking non existent during games. Dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area, and with the walk up window you do not need to leave your dog alone in the car!

Favorite Dish: Gorgonzola burger and onion rings with a Green Monster shake! Chicken nuggets are also great.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Casa Romero: Que Autentico!

by garridogal Updated Oct 7, 2011

Casa Romero is nestled right at the beginning of an alley off Gloucester Street. From its carved wooden door and inside to a tile, terra-cotta, and ceramic world, it speaks "Mexico" without screaming it.

It's been around for years and continues to get rave reviews and it's about to get another one. If you try it, you'll know why.

Favorite Dish: We started with some fresh and delicious guacamole and Margaritas. Is there any other way? Then, because Casa Romero offers so much more than the average Mexican fare, we all enjoyed some original cuisine. I had the nightly special with haddock stuffed with mushrooms and spinach, with a fantastic sauce and served with jumbo shrimp. What's not to like about that?

For dessert we split The Postre de Tres Leches and a Beso de Coco. The postre had a cheesecake-like consistency and was soaked in brandy. The beso was like a coconut flan topped with pineapple.

We were happy.

The Ashmont Grill: Great food and atmosphere

by garridogal Written Sep 22, 2011

After hearing about how great this place is, for years by one of my friends, she treated me to dinner there for my birthday. I now know why she's raved about it. It's the perfect combinaton of great decor, atmosphere, and food. From the moment you walk in, you can smell the yummy grilled goodies which is just the thing to prepare you for a great meal.

Favorite Dish: We split a calamari dish that was almost like a seviche. However, the veggies were cut into much larger pieces and, of coure, the calamari was cooked.

I had the Grilled Marinated Chicken Paillard which came with spring vegetable, frisee salad, pickled ramps, and crispy tortillas. It was delicious. My friend had a crusted and grilled tuna from the specials menu. She raved about it.

For dessert we shared a piece of the famous carrot cake. If you taste it, you'll know why it's famous!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe: the best breakfast in Boston

by PALLINA Updated Sep 19, 2011

An unmissable place where to have a rich and unexpensive breakfast. During weekend, you have to stay in row but it deserves it. You might be asked to share the table with someone else. No credit cards accepted.

Favorite Dish: We had fantastic pancakes; omlettes are also very nice.

Jerry Remy's Seaport: Nicer than Average Sports bar

by garridogal Updated Aug 15, 2011

Met a friend here for a bachelorette/bachelor type of get-together. I don't normally go to sports bars because I am so not a sports person. So I was pleasantly surprised at Jerry Remy's Seaport. It has a lovely deck on the water and huge open doors also facing the water. Unfortunately, our table while outdoor, wasn't on the water front deck. But it was still lovely to feel the sea breeze from where we were.

Favorite Dish: I was pleasantly surprised by their menu options too. They have the usual sandwich/burger style fare and they also had a lovely stuffed avocado salad. It's made with organic produce and has some chicken salad, nuts, and green apples. There was lots of good stuff there!

Oh and the cocktails were tasty too!

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Estragon: Tapas y Pinxtos y Vino, oh MY!!

by garridogal Written Aug 14, 2011

I went to Estragon recently to have a reunion with the lovely ladies that I went to Spain with last year. It seemed a fitting setting for just such an occasion. And it did not disappoint. Sure, tapas here are never as good as they are in Spain, but some places come closer than others. Estragon is one of those places! It's decor is modern and eclectic, instead of trying too hard to look Spanish like you'll find at some spots. There's also outdoor seating which is a nice thing!

Favorite Dish: Let's see if I can remember all that we had. There was a cheese plate, fish balls (not the greatest thing I've tasted, but not bad either, canopes of bread with sardines and goat cheese w/tomatoes and oil, etc., chorizo (I could've so eaten more of this!), croquettes (never as tasty as those found in Spain), a salad with toasted goat cheese, and OF COURSE vino (we got the last bottle of a lovely organic temperanillo), and for dessert, lovely bread pudding and flan. Well OF COURSE we got flan!

I can't speak for everyone else but I was in a food coma when I got home.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

South End Buttery: Another cupcake

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 13, 2011

I must have been watching too much "Cupcake Wars" before this trip, because once again, I had a hankering for a cupcake. As we were in the South End, we hopped over to South End Buttery right before it closed. I snagged the last chocolate cupcake, and went to pay for it over in the bar. For a few $, this was a slice of heaven - creamy frosting, moist and delicious cake - it was a great way to end the evening. The bakery is a cute little storefront, with indoor and outdoor seating. Staff was pleasant, even for the end of the day!

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Beehive: A unique experience

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 13, 2011

Our second night on the town took us to Tremont street, and after window shopping a few options, we decided on the Beehive. We were taking down into a basement setting, where we were near a stage and some live jazz throughout dinner. The menu has many unique choices, with a good selection of fish, chicken, beef, and sandwiches. But I couldn't pass up the chance to try something truly different - soft shell crab tacos! While the flavor was good - the big problem is that biting into the taco, I generally was pulling the whole crab out. But it's something I'm glad I tried. I also had a side of asparagus, which was very good.

The atmosphere was quite laid back (the jazz helped.) The dining experience takes a little while - the server was great and friendly, but between visits took a while, so expect a very leisurely paced meal.

The dessert menu was lacking, so we did go elsewhere for that.

All in all, though, this was quite a good meal.

Boston Hotels

Fairmont Copley Plaza
THE LIBERTY HOTEL
Latest: Apr 12, 2014

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Boston Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Boston locals.
Map of Boston