Mike's Pastry, Boston

wow
    packed
  • Mike's Pastry: First Stop in Beantown for Lobster Claw's & Coffee

by Kathalinaj Written Jun 20, 2004

Yes - This is my first stop in the North End of Boston for a Lobster Claw & Coffee!!! No not seafood but real Italian Pastry!!! I lived in Massachusetts until about 25 years ago but let me tell you I go to Mike's Pastry's first thing as it hasn't changed in all those years. It's REAL Italian pastry at it's best. I know a good Italian shop when the Older Italians are having there coffee & pastry's there. It's also run by Italians of all ages. The young girl's that work there their first language is Italian & their Aunt's, Mother's & I've even seen their Grandmother's stop in. It does get busy but is worth the wait or else take it with you & go & have a nice pastry picnic.

Favorite Dish: It's hard to pick a favorite but I would say my favorite is the Lobster claw they always give me 2 forks like I'm going to share it. NOT!! I can tell you that their cannoli's, ricotta cheese pies, marizan cookies everything I've ever had there has been wonderful

• where2next's Profile Photo

Mike's Pastry: Tons to Choose From

by where2next Written May 16, 2004

Wow! The selection of pastries, bread, cookies, etc, is amazing. I added calories by just walking in and looking at all different things for sale. There are other bakeries in the North End, though this one has the most to offer.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Mike's Pastry: Mike's Pastry

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

If you want gelato or coffee beverages for take out, line up on the right, by the gelato coolers. If you want pastries and other desserts, line up to the left.

Favorite Dish: Well, I went there twice and had a couple of classic Italian desserts, pistachio gelato and a cannoli! Having just been in Italy 3 months earlier, this place is quite authentic and always crowded. Apparently, when former President Clinton visits Boston, Mike's Pastry is always one of his stops.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

MIKE'S PASTRY: GO HERE FOR DESSERT

by Rich62 Updated Dec 21, 2012

SOME OF MIKE'S PASTRIES

SUPURB PASTRIES. Huge crowds wait for a turn to order pastries here. It somehow reminded me of the "soup nazi" episode of Seinfeld (although the folks at Mikes were very nice).

Favorite Dish: Its all good.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near Mike's Pastry
760 Opinions