Skipjack's, Boston

4.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

199 Clarendon St., Boston

Lobster about to be eaten! LOL!
    by Laura_Mexico
  • Skipjack's
    by sarahandgareth
  • Skipjack's
    by dracko
  • dracko's Profile Photo

Skipjack's: Skipjack's

by dracko Written Mar 13, 2003

Skipjack's is a small chain, with locations in Boston, Brookline, Newton, and Natick. We ate at the one in Boston, around Copley Square, but I have heard that other locations are just as good. The restaurant isn't particularly large, but it is very cozy. The atmoshpere was great, the decor is appealing, the place was clean, and the service was great as well. Prices are reasonable, considering the location and the type of restaurant. Dinner, desert, and a couple of drinks will likely set you back $30-40

Favorite Dish: Although a seafood place, they serve meat and poultry as well, and it's all very good! I had the steak tips (I know, I know. Meat in a seafood place... But I had seafood the day before), and they were excellent. Everything else that others had ordered apparently was very good as well, as far as I could gather.

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Skipjack's: WONDERFUL seafood!

by Laura_Mexico Updated Feb 3, 2006

Lobster about to be eaten! LOL!

I was really pleased with both the food and the environment found at this restaurant. It's not as pricey as I would have expected (it DOES look like a chic place) and the food and service were really good. I ate a lot because they had some very good choices for entrees, soups, main courses, and even desserts! So I tried a bit of everything.

Highly recommendable place and not way too out of budget (I have to say I was treated anyway, I didn't pay it myself!), very good for a one-time treat during your trip!

Favorite Dish: The clam chowder is GREAT - the best I had in Boston -, the lobster is as well (and it's a good adventure to get to eat it all! I had the stuffed lobster which was easier to eat cause it was smaller, but I still got my plastic apron to protect my clothes and everything I needed to crack the lobster) and for dessert the key lime pie is very recommendable!

• Luxury Travel

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Skipjack's: Delicious Seafood!

by sarahandgareth Updated Jan 14, 2007

We were keen to try a good seafood place that wouldn't be too alarming to non-fish lovers, and Skipjack's proved to be an excellent choice. It had a wide range of menu items, for both the adventurous and conservative people in our group. It was busy when we visited, but the service was pretty swift, and very friendly, with our waiter more than happy to take the time to answer six sets of questions.

Favorite Dish: With six people, we tried all kinds of menu items, and the two less fish-friendly diners pronounced that all of them were great, which we took as a pretty hearty seal of approval. We all enjoyed the sushi starters, and the quality and variety of fresh fish for the entrees was really quite exceptional. It was fun to see where the different fish came from, too: a good menu touch. We were able to satisfy both Atlantic and Pacific cravings in one place!

• Mambino's Profile Photo

Skipjack's: Go ahead and Skip Skipjack's

by Mambino Written Dec 28, 2006

Their Website says they were named “Best of Boston” 2003 and 2004…must have been slow years in Boston. We were looking for classic New England fare on our first lunch in Boston. We had a very decent cup of chowder, but the fish and chips couldn’t have been more mediocre. The muscles we had were VERY fishy…even for muscles. Service was friendly, but steered us into a bad bottle of wine.

It’s a popular seafood chain in Boston – and we may have hit it on an off day, but do yourself a favor and skip Skip Jacks and dine at Legal Seafoods instead.

• Fengie's Profile Photo

Skipjack's: if you love seafood you'll love skip jacks

by Fengie Updated Mar 24, 2007

Fresh, Fresh seafood. right in the heard of Copley downtown where you can shop and have a wondeful time. In the summer they have movie night and bands playing in the park.

Favorite Dish: I love New England Clam chowder, yes im a true Bostonian

• Singles
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near Skipjack's
4.0 out of 5 stars