Sol Azteca, Boston

914a Beacon St, Brookline, MA 617-262-0909

Plastic Sushi and Mexican Tile
    by garridogal
  • Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Sol Azteca: Hope you have your wallet!

by Bela_LUng Updated Jul 9, 2004

So, you've had a hard day and you want to chill out and have a quick bite to eat and maybe a nice cold beer. If you do ....don't go to Sol Azteca!

As soon as you sit down they bring you chips and salsa....so you eat some while looking at the menu. That's when you start to notice all this crap about "conditions" of your meal - how they expect each customer to spend at least 8 dollars - and if you don't buy an entree the chips and salsa are 6 dollars. Huh? you brought me the chips and I didn't ask for them....not we have to spend at least 8 bucks per person in ordet to not waste their time? Huh?

So....we have a couple margaritas...which were OK and cost 6 bucks a pop. Fine. Let's order some food from the pricey menu....ah, I'm going to have the 18 dollar Shrimp meal....I GOT *6* SHRIMP colesslaw, beans and rice. For 18 bucks. What a load of SH*T.

The food wasn't even that good. I'd definetly never go here again, and if you do go, well, all I can say is get ready for an expensive crappy meal. Enjoy.
    For some reason there were a lot of people at this place. So either its trendy, or we just lucked out.
    Either way, I won't be coming back to this place.

Favorite Dish: The booze - helps to make the mistake of coming here less of a problem.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

El Sol Azteca: Excellent Mexican Food

by garridogal Written Jun 2, 2004

Plastic Sushi and Mexican Tile

Just love this place. It's another of my favorite places to succumb to a food coma in. It's very authentically Mexican and everything's delicious.

Favorite Dish: Fried Tacos, Nachos and Sangria. Yum....

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near Sol Azteca
522 Opinions