Stephanie's on Newbury, Boston

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

190 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 617-236-0990

The outdoor scene
    by Gypsystravels
  • Powering up with Joann before shopping on Newbury!
    Powering up with Joann before shopping...
    by Barbie2138
  • Stephanie's for Gret Brunch and People Watching
    Stephanie's for Gret Brunch and People...
    by Barbie2138
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Stephanie's on Newbury: Lunch with a view

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2013

The outdoor scene

After doing so much shopping on Newbury, we decided we needed some great food and a nice atmosphere with drinks of course.

Roni had been to Stephanie's before and suggested we take our lunch here. I really wanted tapas with some yummy sangria, but I had to settle for Stephanie's .

Stephanie's is a beautiful place to have more than just lunch. The interior is classy with a huge fireplace and lounger chairs. The dining area is really nice, check out their website for more details.

Favorite Dish: I really liked this place and would recommend an afternoon or early evening to enjoy a few drinks in the beautiful lounge, while you are here, have an appetizer or two.

Roni had the Ahi Tuna Tartare (personally, I could only have one of these as one sitting), looked yummy though. I had the lobster quesadilla, wow, was out of this world.

For drinks we each ordered a "violet haze" and Roni had the "pomegranite maritini"

The drinks and food were delicious....

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo

Stephanie's on Newbury: Have A Mahhhhhvelous Sunday Brunch!!!!!

by Barbie2138 Written Aug 5, 2006

Powering up with Joann before shopping on Newbury!

On my latest trip to Boston, I wanted a nice place for Sunday brunch with outside seating for people watching and of course good food. Stephanies on Newbury did not disappoint. My friend Joann and I had a great time at this place. The food is very good, reasonably priced and the service was attentive and quick. Forget the diet at Stephanie's. I had a Reuben. The sandwich was piled high with fries on the side and when I asked for a pickle, it came pronto. The manager checked our table to see if the service was up to par. Way to go!

Favorite Dish: I resisted the pancakes and belgian waffles but they looked delicious. My Reuben was very good.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Stephanie's on Newbury: Nice Back Bay brunch spot

by garridogal Updated Jul 16, 2006

One satisfied bruncher!

My fellow VT-er Barbie2138 and I had brunch here recently. I have to admit that after having been completely horrified at the portion sizes of the breakfast items I saw around me, I was frightened and had a sandwich!

So now you know, if you're hungry for a breakfast that would feed an entire family, go to Stephanies!

Favorite Dish: I had grilled veggie sandwich that was very tasty and was served with a salad that was a tad bit drowned in salad dressing but still good. Barbie got a really tasty looking Ruben and when, approached by a manager inquiring about our meal, she wondered why it hadn't been served with a pickle. He cheerfully went right in and got her one!

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Stephanie's on Newbury: Great Food but a little Expensive

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Sep 23, 2004

Outstanding Shrimp and Polenta!

Right on Newbury, we ate at a table on the sidewalk and watched the crowds go by. Although I've seen a lot of negative reviews on Stephanies from other sites, our experience was good.

The Inside is dark wood with a nice bar although it's a little loud inside. If it weren't for the noise it would be a nice romantic place to take someone.

Favorite Dish: The Crab Cakes were awesome and priced about right.

The Shrimp and Polenta (See below) was outstanding the Shrimp were HUGE but cooked perfectly.

They have a small selection of Port wine but it was good stuff.

Unusual Note: They have a Macaroni and Cheese dinner that was $16.00! We asked the waiter what was great about it but never got an answer. He did say that it was a small portion. If you are on an Expense account, give it a try and let me know! I'm real curious about it!

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near Stephanie's on Newbury
4.5 out of 5 stars