Sunset Grill, Boston

by diver-x
  • diver-x's Profile Photo

The Sunset Grill & Tap: The Sunset Grill

by diver-x Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Sunset Grill probably has the most extensive beer list in the Boston area, with over 400 micro-brews and over 100 on tap. The beer menu is divided by countries. It's a great way to tour the world!

Favorite Dish: The mudslide pie is a frozen delight!

We like to get a bunch of appetizers here and tour the beer menu. They also have some very nice wines.

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Sunset Grill: New England's Largest Beer Selection

by fdrich29 Updated Aug 28, 2007

I love this place, and have since the early 90's. It has something for everyone, great food and a HUGE selection of beers. I love the beer menus, which must be 5 or 6 pages at least of their beer, neatly organized by type. It's fun to just go right down the list and try a different beer each round until someone's scraping you off the floor and carrying you to Common Ground.

LIke I said, it has something for everyone. It's a great place to bring a date, hang out with friends or to sit at the bar and grab dinner and brews.

They offer two traditional sizes of beer, not sure exactly what they are, just large and small the way I order it (OK, usually just large). You can get samples, I believe a selection of 5 different beers in glasses and by the half or full yards. (For God's sake, don't be the clown who orders the the yard to show off to his friends and wears the whole whole thing, just don't).

The food here is great, and they range from red meat, healthy type foods and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If you love nachos piled high with meat, cheese and all the good stuff you'll want to get them here. I've never gotten better nachos in my life. I usually go for the steak tips for dinner with an Ipswich Blueberry without the blueberries.

Another fun feature they have is "Kill the Keg" where they try to entice us into buying beer they are trying to get rid of. One of my proudest moments was Killing the Keg at the Grill a few years ago on St. Patricks Day by drinking a pitcher of Carlsburg or something nasty like that. I think I got a t-shirt for my troubles. I love a good gimic, entertain me I say.

If you really love beer and live in New England you've already been to the Grill and don't need to be reading my review anyway. If you haven't been there yet, don't tell anyone and make a point to get there ASAP. What they don't know won't hurt you.

Favorite Dish: Nacho grande and a bottle of La Fin du Monde. Life doesn't get much better.

• kehale's Profile Photo

Sunset Grill & Tap: All The Beer Your Little Heart Could Ask For!

by kehale Written Aug 25, 2009

Sunset Grill & Tap is located in Allston, MA - and was right around the corner from my boyfriends apartment when he was living in the city. So of course - we often found ourselves there, especially when we wanted beer! They have 112 Taps and 380 microbrews and exotic imports. Seriously!
    Great place to go for a quick bite and a new beer!

Favorite Dish: Their burgers are incredible and my boyfriend is a an of their french onion soup! They really do have a wide variety on the menu - so give it a shot!

• mrdarius's Profile Photo

Sunset Grill and Tap: How much beer can one drink?

by mrdarius Updated Jul 19, 2003

All I really need to write here is 100+ beers on tap (400+ in bottles). You can find beers from all over the world here (nothing from Lithuania yet, unfortunately), ranging from aromatic New England microbrews (Smuttynose) to cloudy beers like Tucher and oatmeal stouts. The coaster and poster-covered walls give you something to look at, but good luck hearing yourself think on the weekends during the school year.

The waitstaff are pretty slow, and the prices aren't the cheapest, but this is a good place to go if you want to experiment with a good variety of beer. Ask about yards of beer, or even their 'kick the keg' contest. I believe they also have a "quest."

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is the free bar food after midnight on Sun, Mon, Tue. Only problem is after 3 or 4 plates of quesadillas and wings, you might get pretty sick with all the beer you've had. But hey, IT'S FREE!

• Study Abroad
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Hotels Near Sunset Grill
4.5 out of 5 stars