Stores, Malls or Markets in Boston

• Brian Dugan stall in the Prudential Centre
    Brian Dugan stall in the Prudential...
    by CEP1863
    Chocolate Haunted House
    by CEP1863
    Ready to go in!
    by PupDawg

Most Viewed Shopping in Boston

Walgreens: Handy for Essentials

by amapola66 Updated Nov 30, 2006

Well, I know it's a corporation, but I have to say, I don't know what I would have done without Walgreens, especially when touring the USA with a band. Handy for all toiletries. medicines, cheap make-up and stationery etc, you can often find a bargain for the home in here too.

When pulling into town, after a couple of days on a tour bus through the desert, Wallgreen was most definitely the place place I'd head for!

What to buy: Make - up
    Toiletries
    Medicines and Health products.
    Hosuehold stuff.
    Kids Toys etc

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Beacon Hill Chocolates: For the chocolate lovers out there!

by Hopkid Written Nov 26, 2006

Beacon Hill Chocolates offers locally produced chocolates as well as imported items. The store is a quaint closet of a space with many yummy offerings. Proprietor Paula Noia-Barth is very knowledgeable and is very willing to answer any questions you might have. You will be hard pressed to walk out of there without purchasing something!

What to buy: Chocolates! I recommend some of the locally produced truffles.

What to pay: Varies

WARNER BROTHERS STUDIO STORE: WHO CAN RESIST THE BIG BUNNY

by moiraistyx Written Sep 13, 2006

I honestly don't know if this store even exists in Boston anymore, but it was so much fun to walk around that I had to mention it. You guessed it, this store sells everything Warner Brothers from Bugs Bunny to Daffy Duck to Elmer Fud. I brought Vanessa, Beth and Heath here to pass some time until supper and Vanessa just didn't want to leave. I think this was her second favorite store with FAO Swartz coming in a distant first.

What to buy: Warner Brother memorabilia

What to pay: ????

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Macy*s: Largest Department Store

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 1, 2006

I always manage to find myself in a Macy's, why not? They have everything and anything you can ever need. I love their cosmetic and fragrance counters and their lingerie department.

I stopped by the Coach and Dooney & Bourke counters (I have a hand bag fetish) and scoped out the newest bags for the fall season. I've already got my eye on the new "Signature Stripe Reversable Bag" by Coach. I also stopped by the fragrance counter to pick up one of my favorite perfumes "Allure" by Channel.

What to buy: What are you looking for? Cosmetics, men, women and children's clothing and accessories, fantastic designer shoes, handbags and cosmetics.

You can also find household furnishings, bedsheets and comforters, towels, electronics, and even an optical place.

Tower Records: ALL THE MUSIC AND VIDEOS ONE COULD EVER WANT/NEED

by moiraistyx Written Aug 28, 2006

The great thing about this multi-level music and video store is that if that don't have it, they'll find it for you and mail it to you. Everytime I have ever wanted to locate a hard to find or out of date cd, the staff at Tower Records has helped me find it. The have a wide selection of music and movie genre's. So wide that you'll always find something new that you will want to buy.

Store hours are:
    Sunday-Thursday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
    Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. - Midnight

Tower Records also hosts numerous live performances in it's store and also plays host to many CD release parties. Check out their site for a schedule of these events.

What to buy: Books, CDs, Videos

What to pay: ?????????

• Singles

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo

The Garment District: A Little Money...A Lotta Bargains!!!!!!!

by Barbie2138 Written Aug 3, 2006

The Garment District is a two story warehouse. On the first floor are shoes and clothes, piles and piles of clothes in the back on the floor. At first I thought; "No way will I find anything here." All I can say is something took over; call it my inner shopping demon. But soon after I had casually picked up a t-shirt, I was digging through mounds of clothes. This place is addictive. The first time you grab a Liz Claiborne or Eileen Fisher or Ann Taylor or Calvin and realize (MY GAWD) it's really a dollar a pound, you are HOOKED! Yes, the clothes are worn but ever so gently. I got a pair of Gortex snow boots on my first visit. The second time around, I went upstairs. It was Saturday and a clerk told me everything on Saturdays is half price. "Oh geez, you're kidding right!!!!" She wasn't kidding. Instead of paying the tourists sucker price for all those Harvard t-shirts come and get them here for $.50. Sweatshirts are a buck. The day I visited, there must have been twenty in the bin with the Harvard logo. I walked away with a linen jacket (Bloomingdale's) which had never been worn. Upstairs, the clothes are not a dollar a pound but the regular prices are also unbelievable and way below retail. The jacket was $9. I also got an Adrienne Vittadini purse for $3.50

What to buy: The Garment District has a huge selection of everything from punk rock, glam to prairie home companion and Cape Cod cool; men's women's clothing, shoes, accessories and vintage. You will find what has just appeared in the Globe Sunday Magazine as the hottest on the street right here and not pay ridiculous retail prices. A designer label lovers paradise. Apparently the BackBay Nouveau Rich' love wearing it once and getting rid of it.

What to pay: You could replace your entire wardrobe for under $50 in this place. I'm not exaggerating.

• RekaD's Profile Photo

Parlor: Parlor -- South End Shopping

by RekaD Updated Jul 17, 2006

It's true that Newbury Street is a shopping mecca, but locals know that some of Boston's best boutiques are not on Newbury, but instead in the artsier sections of the South End. I shop Parlor every time I am in Boston. I love the clothing lines they carry, inlcuding: TAG, Porridge, Free People, LA Made, Nicholas K, Pegah, Jeffrey Campbell, and Tylie Malibu. Parlor has recently added some great jewlery lines to their collection as well.

What to buy: The lines at Parlor are upscale, sophisticated and high-quality, yet still fun.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Sweet & Nasty: Erotic Treats-don't look if you offend easily

by moiraistyx Written May 4, 2006

When Beth was celebrating her 18th birthday, everyone on our dorm floor left it to me and Dave to find her the perfect cake. Well if anyone knew Beth, they knew she loved 2 things most in the world, Carl and Sex. So we found the perfect place to get a cake. This store was filled with all sorts of erotic treats, some not for the weak at heart. Everything from *** on a stick to cakes.

What to buy: Whatever floats your boat

What to pay: Depends on what you buy.

• Singles

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Wrentham Village Outlets: Wrentham Village Outlets: Cheap buys!

by UKDaisy Updated Feb 9, 2006

About 45 minutes' drive from downtown Boston, you'll find 170 outlets stores at Wretham Village Outlets. If you join the VIP club on the Chelsea Premium Outlets website, you can print out a coupon which is redeemable for a discount booklet at the centre.

• School Holidays

• Galahad's Profile Photo

Louis Boston: Berkeley Street Grand Shops

by Galahad Updated Jan 13, 2006

I didn't dare go into Louis Boston, which is described as men and womens fashion, on the right of the picture, as it looked too posh and up market for me.
    I did like this corner and if someone could tell me what are the lovely buildings in the background I would be pleased
    The Louis Boston building used to house the Museum of Natural History and it still retains that grand look about it.

• Luxury Travel

Allston - Secondhand Shops: Secondhand Store Bargains

by amapola66 Updated Jan 11, 2006

You can pick up some really good bargains in Allston's secondhand stores. I always went for a quick rummage when in that area. There are some pretty cool ones there.I remember one in particular, that was a little more pricey, but it was like Aladins cave in there, full of old retro ballgowns, bags and wonderous 'gilrlie' objects of desire!
    It is on the same side as the Model Cafe, towards the Sunset Bar and Grill (you can easily spot it as it usually has clothes rails out on the sidewalk).

There are also some of your usual secondhand stores further along on the right.

Some other very cool vintage/retro stores can be found in Boston in other areas (which I will add in sepparate tip).

What to buy: If you are from the uk, buy Levis.

What to pay: $2 up for a pair of Levis (amazingly!)

Luckys: Funky Retro & Vintage Clothes

by amapola66 Updated Jan 11, 2006

We used to go down to the Garment District in search of unusual and vintage clothing bargains.

There, among others, you will find 'Luckys' - a 'legendary' vintage warehouse store. Located near the M.I.T. campus, you can find hundreds of things to rummage through, most priced under $10 They stock lots of Rock and Roll stuff, vintage T's, etc...
    I picked up some brand new vintage Converse boots for $5. I also found (brand new again) some fantastic 70s high-heeled sparkling glitter platform shoes which I got married in. (I mean, when else can you wear such things!) Cost - $15.

KB couldn't stay in there long as the dust would make him sneeze, but the Small Person loved it in there (there is a toy section too).

I'm not sure which store it was now (may have been Luckys basement, not sure), but you could grab a pile of stuff and have it weighed and pay 'dollar a pound.

Vintage game bargains, such as Atari can also be found.

Fun :-)

• Galahad's Profile Photo

Maria's Pastry Shop: Magnificent Italian Pastries

by Galahad Updated Dec 4, 2005

Almost alone of the shops in the neighbourhood, Maria's has managed to remain open despite the Big Dig. Six months after I took this photo the works and landscaping are as bad as ever. When we went in to buy the highly recommended cakes and pastries a cookery guide was teaching her students about each type of cake, how it was made and what part of Italy it came from. We took as long as possible to choose !!!
    Open 7am-6pm Mon-Sat; 7am-1pm Sun

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Modern Pastry: Pastry, what else?

by FreeCloud Written Aug 7, 2005

A small shop full of goodies , most customers are local.

We ran into it on our Freedom Trail 'hike', my friend had an ice cream, and I bought a few pounds of cookies for other friends whom I would visit that evening.

What to buy: Apricot cookies, rapsberry cookies, cookies with pinenuts (yes!), cakes, frozen desserts and so on. Everything looks good.

What to pay: Cookies I bought was around $8 per pound, you can buy minimum of 1/4 pounds.

• Wrentham Village Premium Outlets: Great Deals - A Short Drive from Boston

by CanadianJaybird Written Jun 11, 2005

Over 170 outlet stores in one location. Lots of name brand items at big discounts.

What to buy: A great spot for just about everything , but especially clothes, shoes, and perfumes.

What to pay: Save 25%-60% on most items. Even better discounts can be had if you catch one of their annual sales events. When we went they were having their Memorial Day weekend sale, so prices were slashed even more.

• Seniors

Hotel 140
The Back Bay Hotel Boston
Boston Harbor Hotel

Instant Answers: Boston

Comments

Boston Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Boston locals.
Map of Boston