Prudential Center & Copley Place, Boston

Know about this? Rate It!

Ready to shop
  • Prudential Center & Copley Place
  • Prudential Center & Copley Place

Prudential Center & Copley Place: Amazing shopping

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 1, 2006

Okay so, we spent most of our time in Boston doing what else? Shopping of course. I wish I could say I did all the shopping here, but Veronica was the one doing most of the shopping. Maybe if I didn't spend all my money on traveling and fine dining and drinks, I just may be able to afford the expensive life style that Roni has. Ah, well, she is the senior associate at our firm, a "trust fund" babe that makes well over (well, that is personal) let's just say a SIX FIGURE income (with a fabulous apartment at Trump). You say, why is this relevant to shopping? Well, we did LOTS of shopping, 75% of it for her.

Okay, back to the shopping tip. Here is just a short list of some of my favorite shops (Roni's too) that we spent most of our time in. They are found here at the Prudential Center.

Try the trendy stores like Barami, Club Monaco to name a few, I will be posting those individually.

What to buy: Women's clothing and accessories of course.

What to pay: Mid range, $79 for a skirt, $69 and up for a blouse.

Prudential Center & Copley Place: Club Monaco

by Gypsystravels Written Sep 1, 2006

Located here in the Prudential Center is the shopping arcade. Here you will find Club Monaco. A trendy men and women's clothing and acessory store. This place is fantastic if you are looking for a trendy work attire or even a sexy look for that evening out with your guy.

They have their awesome sale going on in August (usually summer stuff though) and it is also when they bring in their fall collection.

What to buy: Roni bought a beautiful charcol colored pencil skirt along with a white button down top for the office. Me, I just picked up a cluch bag to go that evening.

What to pay: The average piece of clothing can cost you about $59 and up for a blouse, the slacks start at about $79 and up and the skirts about $69 and up.

Prudential Center & Copley Place: Barami

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 1, 2006

Roni's dress (looks better on her)

Also at the Prudential Center you will find another of my favorite stores. Barami has locations throughout the country and I like their sexy and flirty tops.

We stopped by Barami to check out their dresses and tops as we were searching for something special to wear the following evening. With Barami's large selection we were sure to find something for us both.

What to buy: After searching for a dress for the following evening, both Roni and I found what we were looking for. I picked up a beautiful blue halter chiffon dress and Roni picked up a pretty pale pick Marilyn Monroe inspired dress.

What to pay: The dresses are about $159 and up.

• Prudential Center & Copley Place: Upscale Indoor Shopping

by peach93 Written Dec 5, 2006

Santa and Friends Sing to the Shoppers at the Pru

The Prudential Center Mall and Copley Place are located in Copley Square. They are attached by a sky bridge that passes over the street and both contain very nice stores and restaurants. Copley Place is attached to the Copley Marriott Hotel and is the more upscale of the two with stores like Gucci and Armani. The Prudential Center is located on the lower floors of the Prudential office building, a city landmark. The Prudential is a bit larger than Copley and has a food court and a Saks Fifth Avenue department store. Both malls have parking garages. You can get your parking ticket validated when you make a purchase at either mall to get a discount at the garage.

• Luxury Travel

• RowanGBR's Profile Photo

Copley Place and the Prudential Center

by RowanGBR Updated Apr 3, 2003

He requested anonymity!!

Copley Place and the Prudential Center are in Boston Back Bay, and contain two fantastic shopping malls linked by a glass walkway.

They house a huge variety of shops, almost anything you might want can be found at one or other of the two malls. The list of "high street stores" is endless, although there aren't that many unusual non chain-stores.

There is a great gift store that I bought a most impractical but GORGEOUS rocking dragon (Agamemnon), unfortunately I can't remember what the store was called, but I was on my way to the California Pizza Kitchen at the time... Agamemnon has accompanied me to Nottingham, London, Bath and Costa Mesa; he is waiting patiently to relocate back to Boston!

• Prudential Center & Copley Place: Everything you could ask for Under One Roof

by Princess104 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Copley Place

The Prudential Center and Copley place are unique in that you get so many different shops under one roof as everything interconnects through these long glass walk ways overlooking the streets. There is every shop imaginable for those wishing to make a purchase in a conventional mall setting. And if you get hungry there is always the food court, Applebee's, Au Bon Pan, California Pizza Kitchen, Dick's Last Resort, The Cheesecake Factory, Legal Sea Foods, and of course The Top of the Hub

What to buy: This is a typical mall. There are few stores here that you wouldn't find at your average mall. But I do suggesting getting a Krispy Kreme dougnut and checking out Jasmine Sola and Sephora.

What to pay: It would be horrible to classify the two shopping centers but if one had to one would say that Copley place tends to be a little bit pricier than the Prudential Center. With Copley place having a Tiffany's, Armani, French Connection, etc. And the Prudential Center having The Body Shop, Levi's, \Saks Fifth Avenue, etc. I hope that helps you plan accordingly the price really does range but you can shop on any budget really.

• Women's Travel

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Prudential Center: Shopping in the Prudential Center

by cjg1 Updated Nov 16, 2010

Ready to shop

Our most recent trip to Boston we spent a significant amount of time shopping here; probably because we were staying so close by. The Prudential Center is a large shopping mall with tons of stores. Recognizable names such as Lord& Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora and the Cheesecake Factory can be found here. The place is jam packed with people shopping and just gawking. It's not even Thanksgiving and the Christmas decorations are put up.....

After a long round of shopping it was nice and short walk back to the hotel to drop off our purchases before heading out to explore more of Boston.

What to buy: Everything from jewlery, cosmetics, shoes, clothing and accesories.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Prudential Center & Copley Place: Artful Hand Gallery in Copley Place

by kazander Written Nov 1, 2005

This eclectic little shop in Copley Place has amny wonderful treasures just waiting to be discovered. This is one of my sister in laws favorite shops, she has gotten us numerous wonderful gifts here. On our last visit to Boston, she took us to see it for ourselves.
    This is a wonderful spot to pick up an interesting present for someone special. They have some beautiful lamps (as well as some I surely didn't care for), Jewlery, furniture, glassware, candles, dishes, kitchenware, soaps, ect...

What to buy: On our visit , Lou bought me a gorgeous chryscallo necklace, a sugar spoon, and a beautiful mirror. We have received champagne glasses and cake cutters as gifts, we love them.

What to pay: Some of the things in here are quite expensive, some are reasonably priced, you just have to hunt around. For instance the lamp I fell in love with was over $700, but a candle holder might be just over $20.

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Prudential Center & Copley Place: Good for shopping or a meal break

by kooka3 Written Apr 1, 2006

Statue in front of the Prudential Center

You can get anything here - books, clothes, jewelry, knick-knacks, souvenirs, toys, etc etc.

The Prudential Center is connected to over 50% of Boston's total hotel rooms: Back Bay Hilton. Copley Square Hotel, Fairmont Copley Plaza, Marriott Copley Place, Midtown Hotel, Sheraton Boston, The Lenox, Westin Copley Place

What to buy: Anything and everything!!

What to pay: A lot of upscale stores here, so expect to pay for it -although some are "normal priced" like Barnes and Noble

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Boston Shopping

by Nathalie_B Written Sep 1, 2002

The Prudential center and The Copley Place are very good shopping malls. Besides the shopping Prudential Center also has another attraction called 'Skywalk' 360-degree observatory, which is located on 50th floor. 'Copley Place'
    Location: 100 Huntington Ave., Boston
    Tel: 617-965-3037
    Getting there by “T”- Take the green line, get off at “Copley” station

'Prudential Center'
    Location: 800 Boylston St., Boston
    Tel: 800-746-7778
    Getting there by “T”- Take the green line, get off at either “Copley” or “Prudential” station
    More about shopping: http://www.123boston.com/shopping-major.htm

• dinhyen's Profile Photo

The Prudential Center

by dinhyen Updated Sep 16, 2002

Repeating patterns on the Prudential tower.

You can find many of the same shops and restaurants here that you find in other places, but you'd be hard-pressed to find them in a more glamorous setting.

Instant Answers: Boston

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Yes, the Prudential center indeed is a good shopping center, but more than that I liked the viewdeck - "Skywalk Observatory" (I think that it is on the 50th floor or something like that, if I remember well) and I recommend to sit for at least a drink in the restaurant over the observatory - the "Top of the Hub" as the view over the whole city and bay of Boston is superb and the prices in the cafe - restaurant are OK, so that you can perfectly enjoy a wonderful cafe or meal while overlooking the whole city and, if the weather is clear, even further.