Hockey, Boston

Know about this? Rate It!

Our first BU vs. BC hockey game
    by mrdarius
  • mrdarius's Profile Photo

GO BU, BC SUCKS!

by mrdarius Updated Apr 4, 2011

Our first BU vs. BC hockey game

Go to a hockey game at BU's Walter Brown Arena (while it still exists). This small arena (~4000) will soon be supplanted by a much larger and less historical sports complex down the street. BU's hockey team draws great crowds and the team usually plays well, and if not, then at least they make it interesting.

Try to make it to a BU vs. BC hockey game. The rivalry is great, and you'll hear some off-color chants throughout the night, I'm sure. Even if BU's playing Maine, I'll guarantee you'll hear BC derided more than once.

PS- Walter Brown Arena is the only arena in BU's league to serve beer at games!

• iaint's Profile Photo

one of the original 6

by iaint Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bruins, that is. Original 6 NHL teams that is. Along with the likes of Detroit Redwings, New York Rangers (I know them all, but won't bore you).
    We got off the plane from Brussels, dumped our stuff at the airport hotel, and went straight to the Fleet Center for game against Montreal Canadiens.
    My first NHL experience. Loved it.
    Unfortunately, a combination of a long day travelling, time difference, too much pizza & beer meant my son and I were almost asleep midway thru 3rd period, and had to leave early! Tough when tickets are so expensive! We paid $77 each. Worth it tho'.

Equipment: Tickets - available via website.
    Cash for pizza & beer.
    Credit card for merchandise (my son still treasures his Bruins shirt).

• Business Travel