Go Boston Card: 31 Boston Attractions, Boston

• Go Boston Card: 31 Boston Attractions
    by settingsuns
  • Go-Boston Card - save $$$

by CanadianJaybird Updated Jun 11, 2005

If you plan on hitting most of the tourist attractions around Boston, then the Go-Boston Card is a must. It it now good for over 60 attractions. We purchased the 5-day card, and used it to do almost everything. There were very few things that we wanted to do that didn't accept the Go-Boston Card. It comes with a great tourist book that highlights all the places the card can be used. We used this book more than the tourist book we had purchased to bring with us. At the end of the week, we calculated that we saved over 50% by using the Go-Boston Card. It's probably a better deal for visitors who can take advantage of the 5 day pass.

If you buy the Go-Boston card online, try using the code "vne-03", as suggested by someone else here. It still worked as of May 2005, and saved us an additional 10%.

• Martha's Vineyard Ferry with the Go Card

by LucyLooLoo Written Jun 3, 2005

I have no idea why more people don't know about this card because it helped me out when I went to Boston with my family but it really helped me out when I went to Martha's Vineyard with my eleven and twelve year old. The ferry ride alone costs 52 dollars, but with the go card it cost me next to nothing. I bought a five day pass, stayed in Boston four four days, then used the pass to take a trip to Martha's Vineyard. Not only that but the go card was cheaper for my kids because they are under thirteen and they have a special deal for children. Even if you buy a card for one day alone, it's still a bargin because the card for kids costs half the price of the adult.

• Beaches

• Very good for budget travel

by Sally19 Written Jun 2, 2005

I love this card for budget travel. I've used go cards in san francisco and boston and it really does give you the best deal. i know some citys have "the city pass" for the main attractions, but the go card encompasses more things to do in the city, including small historical sites and places of interest very few know about. great card for getting a little bit of everything.

by Sally19 Written Jun 2, 2005

I purchased the Go Boston Card for my family and I and I recommend it highly. It was nice not having tons of charges on my credit card for admission fees and it also saved me a lot more than it would have been if I would have paid for each and everything we did. I also bought the pass on a special deal they were having, which really made it an even better deal than it already was. I am only disappointed I got the two day pass and not the three day, if I go back, I will get the pass for a longer period of time because I just ended up paying for things which would have been included in the first place. Oh well.

by GoofyLady Written Jun 2, 2005

• The Cape, Martha's Vineyard, Newport, Rhode Island

by GoofyLady Written May 27, 2005

i've been to boston many, many times and I think this is a great program going in Boston. I really enjoyed using the card for the daytrips to Cape Cod and the Newport mansions and newport vineyards.For the cape trip, a bus picked us up and we went sightseeing in the tour bus, then we got to go on a cruise. We had to drive a rental car to newport, but it was a very short trip and it was nice to be free to roam the area for awhile. We also used the card to see small tourist attracts we didn't see in the three times we visited boston. i really enjoyed the isabella stewart gardner museum as well as seeing the USS Constitution. there really isn't much that the card doesn't cover.

• I saw all the Museums with the Go Card

by dayfling Written May 26, 2005

Someone already wrote a review about this, but I just used my go card to check out museums. I'm an art student at Flagler University and I went to Boston and NYC to visit the art museums on a trip with a friend. I basically grabbed the Boston Go Card and went to museum after museum. Had I not had the go card I probably would have paid 100 dollars in admissions fees, but instead I paid fifty. As for the museums, I recommend the Museum of Fine Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art.

• Architecture

• Great for Active Types

by spidey66 Written May 26, 2005

I would recommend the Go Card experience to anyone who wants a full schedule or who is going to be in Boston awhile. I enjoyed mine, but it's probably not for the traveler who wants to do one thing a day. But if you like to do a lot of activities, this card is for you. My family and I went to the usual locations Freedom Trail, Museums, Aquarium, Historical Houses but I know you can use the card for trips outside the city as well. The guidebook includes some discounts for giftshops and resturants as well. A great bargin.

• settingsuns's Profile Photo

What a Great Deal!

by settingsuns Written May 26, 2005

This deal is incredible! Every attraction in Boston costs fifteen dollars or more, especially the tours. This card saved me and my fiancee so much money, plus it was easy to just look at the list of things to do and pick and choose what you want to try next. Next time I go, I will have to try the day-trips. We had so much to do in three days we didn't try them!

• Archeology

• jerry_oden's Profile Photo

A Real Bargin For Your Family

by jerry_oden Written May 26, 2005

Last summer I bought one of these go cards and it was a really great deal. My family and I used the card to see all the Boston attractions and the guidebook was a real help. We also used the card to go on a whale watch and a tour of Cape Cod. I would recommend it to any large family who plans to try a bunch of Boston sites. Or any person who will be in town awhile. We had a great time!

by southoftheborder Written May 25, 2005

I've used a Go card in Seattle and Boston and I had a great experience. You buy the card and that's it, all your attraction costs for the next few days are through. All you have to pay for is food, hotel, etc, but as long as you have that card you can go to tons of fun things in Boston. We also went on a day trip to Salem which was a lot of fun. We took a bus tour through the city, and our admissions to the attractions there were discounted. I think anyone who doesn't take advantage of this card is completely missing out. It was a blast.

• A Sampler Platter of New England

Old North Church

The thing I like about the Go Card is how you get to sample a little bit of everything in the Boston area. Also, you don't feel so bad about changing your mind on which attraction you want to go to. I mostly used my pass to go to the historical sites: the Old North Church, Old State House, Paul Revere House, etc. In addition you also get a guidebook which has descriptions of events, coupons and discounts inside, very helpful if you're not familiar with the area.

by orangecountyusa Written May 25, 2005