Been here? Rate It!
New England Holocaust Memorial, Boston, 1995.
Stanley Saitowitz, sculptor
In Boston Down Town a slender line of glass and steel towers constitutes one of the simplest but most impressive holocaust monuments I have seen so far. Go there and read the stories!!
Here is one:
They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
Boston's Holocaust Memorial is a series of transparent structures made to resemble smoke-stacks. Each tower is etched with the numbers that were assigned to holocaust victims. Quotes from survivors are also visible. It's a very moving testimonial for remembrance.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Boston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kampong Keramat Dalam Hotels
- Freeport City
- Shark Key Hotels
- Red Deer Hotels
- Virar Hotels
- Alappuzha Things to Do
- Monument Valley State Park Things to Do
- Ioannina Things to Do
- People's Park
- Bristol Things to Do
- Silver City Things to Do
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Things to Do
- Montpellier Things to Do
- Essaouira Things to Do
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Things to Do
- Denton Things to Do
- Trier Things to Do