Boston Common, Boston

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Taking photos

by Tijavi Written Mar 27, 2010

Boston Common

I was happily taking pictures of the lovely colors at Boston Common, when suddenly a man came running after me, shouting invectives about me taking his picture - which I wasn't - and I didn't even know he was there! He hurled threats at me like he was prepared to go to jail for me! I ran as fast as I could and at some point he stopped chasing me.

I don't know if he was serious or playing around or just plain nuts, but the experience left me a bit shaken. The only consolation perhaps is the sight of mounted police patrolling the park - in case something really nasty happened.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Boston Liberal Leftovers

by BruceDunning Written Oct 16, 2008

Boston Commons at the left

I did not really feel all that comfortable in walking through the park area. There are indigent and homeless people that hang around there in extraordinary numbers. I recently read that due to the liberal policy of the city and State, there is an overflow, and they do not know how to begin housing them this winter. Well, that also impacts tourism, in my opinion. Some looked at me like they wanted money now, or a possible confrontation may occur. I am not afraid of that, but why go through it. AND it is right at the foot of the State Capitol.

• Boston in General

by bostonbabe339 Updated Mar 23, 2007

The last tip said that the Common was not a great place to be at night. But its is wicked safe and there are always cops there to keep the peace. The common is the people's place, you doont be afriad to go there. As long as you are not disrespectful to the homeless they are generally pleasant. Boston is a great city and i love it.

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

by kentishgirl Updated Nov 3, 2004

Boston Common

We did not encounter any real problems as such, but whilst wandering around Boston Common, we were set upon by a few of the local tramps.
    At first they were just talking to us, but then they started shouting and being really weird!
    We ran for our lives!

I wouldnt recommend walking in unlit areas ANYWHERE in the world at night, but just be wary on the Common.

All in All Boston Common was a nice area to relax in the city.

• Boston Common After Dark

by grkboiler Written Apr 28, 2004

Being at the Boston Common after dark can be dangerous. Lots of homeless people sleep there and you don't know who is hiding in there. I would not recommend cutting through the park to save time at night. Stay on the sidewalks.

• coast2coast's Profile Photo

Boston is fairly safe , but...

by coast2coast Written Aug 25, 2002

Boston is fairly safe , but use usual caution. Ask with reliable people ( eg. shop keepers, Hotel staff, Police etc ) where to avoid. There are a few unsafe neighbourhoods, eg. Mission Hills, but most of the main tourist areas are safe. DO NOT VISIT BOSTON COMMON AT NIGHT.

• o00o's Profile Photo

Young Buddy

by o00o Written Jun 24, 2003

This young kid is only 3 years old but already start to pratice his roller skating skill after receiving the gift from his grand parents during his 3rd birthday party last month.

Instant Answers: Boston