Burlington Travel Guide

Burlington Things to Do

by cjg1 Updated Dec 31, 2009

We hit the Burlington Mall during a roadtrip on a holiday weekend. We wanted to see if there were any super after holiday sales to be had. The Mall is right off of the highway and was very close to our hotel.

there were the typical stores as well as chain restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory. We stopped in for some food at the Cheesecake Factory and managed to do some shopping before heading back to our hotel for the night.

Burlington Hotels

Burlington Restaurants

by cjg1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Liz and I first discovered this location during a roadtrip back in 2007. We often stay in this area on roadtrip and it is good to know we have a late food option if we are hungry after a long drive. The Cheesecake Factory is locate din the Burlington Mall not far from the local Double Tree or Hilton Garden Inn in which we usually stay.

The Cheesecake Factory is a national chain. Every location has the same food menu, desserts, drinks and decor; so you basically know what your getting each time. The menu is quite extensive with many pages of drinks, appetizers, entrees, desserts and brunch items to choose from. Of course their claim to fame is their cheesecake and boy do I enjoy that.

Since we are very familar with this chain and its food options it was easy to decide we want when we come here. We have had several of their items such as the Factory Nachos, Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Crab Cakes, Factory Burger, Pizza, Caramel Chicken, Avocado Egg Rolls, cheesecake, apple crisp, brownie sundae and ice cream. Their Tropical Ice Tea is a favorite of ours and is very refreshing. The alcoholic drinks here are also good such as their Margaritas and Dacquiris.

The service here is very good and we have never waited too long for a table.

Favorite Dish: Our last visit to this location was in April 2010. We had just arrived around 9:30 pm and were quite hungry since we did not have dinner yet. We knew that The Cheesecake Factory would be open so we decided to head over. The place was packed..it was a Friday night afterall; and the date crowd was there. We were handed a pager and told it would be 25 minutes...not bad at all.

Our pager went off and we were then shown to a table for two. Our waitress arrived and took our drink order; two tropical iced teas. She returned with drinks and bread basket; ready to take our order. We decided to split the SPinach and Artichoke dip as an appetizer. I love their spinach dip. It is so creamy and good with tasty tortilla chips on the side for dipping.

I decided on the caramel chicken as an entree and Liz had the crab cakes. The caramel chicken is a favorite of mine with delicious chunks of chicken in a sweet and spicy caramel sauce served with rice and vegetables. It is sooooo good! Liz's crab cakes are always a hit with her; crunchy outside and tender inside. We were too full for dessert so we decided to skip it this time.

It was another delicious meal at the Cheesecake Factory.

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

by baronedivandastad Written Apr 24, 2004

I have never managed to get in. Every time I turn up without a reservation and the queue means I have to between 1 and 3 hours in order to get a table. So it must be really great. Lots of locals and businessmen there. It's also open for lunch.
    My colleagues tell me it's not too cheap.

Favorite Dish: First time I try one I'll tell you!

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

by baronedivandastad Updated Apr 24, 2004

My colleagues tell me it's not too cheap.

Favorite Dish: First time I try one I'll tell you!

Burlington Shopping

by cjg1 Updated Dec 31, 2009

Sephora is a chain of makeup and beauty products. All the stores look the same but they don't all carry the same brands. My wife is a fan of the store and had forgotten her favorite lip gloss at home during our road trip. I was happy to remember that the store was here from our last roadtrip.

What to buy: Makeup, lotions, bath products, perfum, cologne

What to pay: Liz's lip gloss was $22

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

by KarenandCory Written Dec 10, 2005

The Middlesex Mall is kind of a waste of space. The competition has buried it into a state of insignificance. Back in the 1980's it had a Caldor, a Strawberrie, and a Papa GInos. My family took my Grandmother here to shop every Saturday night until she passed away.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• by jusplainjesse Updated Jul 19, 2005

The Burlington Mall is definitely the largest in the suburbs. You can also save a lot of money on things that would cost far more in Boston (ex. Red Sox items) it's also right off rt.128 about 20 minutes from Downtown Boston.

What to buy: Red Sox items (GO SOX!!!!!!!) anything you can imagine.

What to pay: prices vary by store

Instant Answers: Burlington

Comments

Burlington Travel Guide
Map of Burlington