Chatham Restaurants

Ladies lunch
  • Restaurants
    by garridogal
    The umbrellas in question....

Most Recent Restaurants in Chatham

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Bistro on Main: Yummy, but watch that umbrella!!

by garridogal Updated Aug 14, 2014

Once again, we picked this place because it had outdoor seating where dogs are welcome. (We had 2 with us.) We grabbed a nice corner table so that the pooches wouldn't disturb anyone and proceeded to order. The food arrived and it was yummy. However, when we were about 3/4 of the way done with our meals, a gust of wind elevated our umbrella and it flew straight up off its platform, over the table, over MY head, and landed behind me!

I am very happy to report that it missed my head, the dogs, and the food! It was a clean break. But talk about freaky!!

Favorite Dish: Okay then onto the food. 2 of us got the chopped salads which were packed full of all kinds of yummy things in it like hard boiled eggs and avocados and it was huge. Our other friend got the Fish 'n Chips and it also looked wonderful. I was feeling the need for veggies after too many indulgent meals and got the Grilled Asparagus Panini. Aside from the asparagus it had caramelized onions and brie. It was delicious!

I would love to try their dinner menu some time. But I would make sure the umbrella is secured first...

Ladies lunch The umbrellas in question....

• jelw's Profile Photo

Impudent Oyster: Wonderful Seafood

by jelw Updated Feb 2, 2010

This is a great restaurant for wonderfully fresh local seafood in a charming atmosphere. Head to the bar for lunch or have dinner in the upper/main dining room.
    They have an extensive menu filled with American and Portuguese styled offerings. A cosy bar to imbibe in and on off hours, a terrific staff to make sure your visit is a pleasant experience. A Saturday night at the height of the season may be a bit crowded with staff a bit overwhelmed. The Impudent Oyster offers a down to earth local vibe with an uppercrust menu.

Favorite Dish: Starters: Bili Bi- Soup. An aromatic saffron broth envelopes the plump mussels. Heavenly.
    other perfect options: the wildly sweet local steamers or the wellfleet oysters. there is just something so wonderful in the flavor of cold water shellfish!
    Lunch: Most suggest the Lobster roll. I liked it but I loved the their take on a Reuben. A beautiful piece of cod snuggled in a Portuguese roll with their homemade slaw and russian dressing. This was an unexpected delight.
    Dinner: If in season the bay scallops are the sweetest thing going! I prefer mine broiled but you can have them fried. They came to the table succulent and moist, cooked to perfection.

A note: The Mac Cheese with Lobster, was ordered as a side dish for our table of 4. 2 people raved and 2 did not care for it at all. This just points to different tastes for different people.

Our lunch entree ran about $12 us
    Dinner entree over $20 us

• Luxury Travel
    • Beaches

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

South Lounge at Chatham Bars Inn: Afternoon tea at Chatham Bars Inn

by aukahkay Written Feb 7, 2006

My hosts at Cape Cod took me for afternoon tea at the Chatham Bars Inn one November afternoon. The South Lounge at Chatham Bars Inn is the perfect setting for our leisurely afternoon tea, with a generous and varied menu of finger sandwiches, tea breads, cakes, savories and home-baked goodies all served with the finest teas and infusions.

Favorite Dish: The afternoon tea set came with lobster salad, scones with Devonshire cream and choice of tea. The cost was US$22 per person.

The terrace of Chatham Bars Inn The terrace of Chatham Bars Inn
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Spa and Resort

• Impudent Oyster: Scallop Paradise

by galt35 Written Nov 29, 2004

Wonderful Food in a casual atmosphere. The best appetizers I have ever had. The Devils on Horseback and Clams Casino had us before we could get to the entrees.

Favorite Dish: Scallops wrapped in Bacon and champange sauce.

• Squire: Local Seafood and More

by koekjecait Written Feb 16, 2003

A bar and restaurant with video games in back to keep the kids entertained as well as a jukebox which caters to tourists and locals alike. The Squire features fresh seafood but has food for all tastes. Kids Menu.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Fingers ;-)

Instant Answers: Chatham

Comments

Chatham Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chatham restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chatham sightseeing.