Concord Restaurants

• Sylvain at the Main Streets Market & Cafe
    Sylvain at the Main Streets Market &...
    The Colonial Inn in Concord, MA
    My traditional Yankee pot roast

Most Recent Restaurants in Concord

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Main Streets Market & Cafe: Best place to stop for lunch in Concord

by Jefie Updated Jun 28, 2008

Main Streets Market & Cafe in Concord, MA

Main Streets Market & Cafe is located at the heart of downtown Concord, and it seems to be a favorite with the locals and travellers alike. The house in which it is located dates back to the early 18th century, and as it seems to be the case with everything in Concord, Main Streets has been open for business for over 100 years! Four generations ago, the Anderson family opened up a grocery store, which later turned into a catering business, and which now operates as a cafe, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were there for lunch, and for only $7.95, we had our choice of delicious wraps, grilled paninis and sandwiches (comes with a bag of chips). There was a pleasant, friendly atmosphere and just to give you an idea, cell phones are not allowed :o)))

Favorite Dish: I had the Cuban panini and it was delicious: pulled pork, ham and swiss cheese with pickled chipotle mayo, yum!

• Jefie's Profile Photo

The Colonial Inn: Dinner in a historic atmosphere

by Jefie Written Jun 28, 2008

The Colonial Inn in Concord, MA

The Colonial Inn was built at the turn of the 18th century as a private residence. As with most houses in Concord it has its share of literary history since Henry David Thoreau lived there with his family in the 1830s. In 1889, the house was transformed into a hotel and it has been operated as such ever since.

After spending the day visiting the beautiful historic homes of Concord, dining at the Colonial Inn just seemed like the perfect way to end the day, and we were not disappointed. We chose to eat outside on the patio, but we did take a peak inside and the dining room is very charming, and so is the inn's little pub. Service was great, and the food was really good - the menu offers a good selection of American and New England dishes, and to make the experience more complete, I decided to go with the "Traditional Yankee Pot Roast": it was delicious, especially with a nice glass of merlot! Unfortunately I had no room left for dessert, which is a pity since I had my eyes set on that home-baked apple pie... I can only hope there's a next time!

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo

Bertucci's: Friendly, Fast Service, Great Lunch Stop

by Barbie2138 Updated Aug 28, 2005

Chowing down with VT Emilienoele

This is a neighborhood eatery, clean, comfortable and the food was good. You get more than your money's worth.

Favorite Dish: The roasted Italian vegetables and the bread was sooooooooooooo good. I ordered it again when I got back to Boston. It's an appetizer but they give you enough that it could be a meal at $2.99 it's a bargain. Also try the raspberry iced tea. Yummy!

• Singles
    • Beaches

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Colonial Inn

by Krumlovgirl Written May 16, 2005

The Colonial Inn was recommended to me by the tour guide at the Orchard House. She said that it was a touristy place but that the food was good and above average. Generally I try to stay away from touristy restaurants, but upon checking this one out from the outside I liked the look of it and decided to stay. I had already driven around town for 30 minutes trying to find a place to eat anyway and would have settled for anything at that point.

Unfortunately, the meal was probably lost on me. I had a sinus infection at the time and couldn’t taste a lot of what I was eating. Still, the dining room was elegant and the service impeccable. It was one of the few places that didn’t treat me any differently for being a woman dining alone.

Favorite Dish: For lunch, I had the chicken pot pie. The description from the menu: "Shredded Chicken, Peas, Carrots, Onions and Celery in a Creamy Sauce. Served with a Puff Pastry, Homemade Cranberry Relish, Creamed Potatoes, and Fresh Vegetables."

The mashed potatoes were wonderful and I could have had an entire plate of them. The pot pie could have been a little thicker, but the taste was good. For dessert I had the cappuccino chocolate mousse. I thought it would come in a mousse dish, but it came between two layers of cake like bread making it seem more like chocolate mousse pie-something that I am not a big fan of. The best part of the meal was the yellow bread. It had an almost sweet taste to it and I could have eaten an entire meal of it.

All in all, if you wanted to dine somewhere a little more upscale than others and you didn’t mind the high prices then I would recommend it. But there are probably other places just as good, if not better and cheaper, nearby.

• Museum Visits

• frank_delargy's Profile Photo

Colonial Inn: Dine in a historic Inn

by frank_delargy Updated Dec 3, 2004

looking the the Colonial Inn from the square

The food is pretty good at this restaurant, more known for it's location and history than its cuisine.
    It's a good place for drink as well, with a couple of pretty nice pub areas.
    The dining options range from al fresco in the summer to a pub menu to quite formal dining in the dining room.

Favorite Dish: I usually go with a prime rib. It's good because it's prime rib .. eh??
    The do have a variety of traditional things that you would find in a formal dining establishment. See the menu at http://www.concordscolonialinn.com/dinner-menu.php

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Concord's Colonial Inn: Breakfast amongst History

by CdnJane Written Apr 23, 2004

Concord's Colonial Inn is actually a hotel, however, my visit there was to the diningroom for breakfast. I was with a friend who insisted we wait breakfast on leaving Boston until we got to the Colonial Inn, and it was well worth it. As you can read from their website, the original building was built in 1716, and it has been a hotel since 1889. The hotel as well as the town, of course, has been in the centre of both literary history and revolutionary history.
    The food was excellent... but made even more so by the surroundings.

Favorite Dish: It was a while ago that I was there, and not totally sure what I did end up having. Somehow I suspect it was the pancakes.

Instant Answers: Concord

Comments

Concord Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Concord restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Concord sightseeing.