Hyannis Restaurants

by Basaic

Most Recent Restaurants in Hyannis

Vista de Mare: Great Seafood

by Basaic Written Oct 9, 2014

With its location, you might guess that Hyannis has an abundance of great seafood restaurants and you would be correct. Many of them are located around the harbor but there are also a few along Main Street. My favorite was probably Vista de Mare which was also recommended to me by a very cute local. The place has a comfortable interior, a varied menu of seafood and other delicacies (mostly Galapagos/Ecuadorian and South American style), and great service from a friendly staff. Definitely worth checking out for seafood lovers like me. Hours are 7 AM to 9 PM Monday through Thursday and 8 AM to 10 PM Friday through Sunday.

Favorite Dish: Fruta de Mare! or Seafood fra Diablo (spicy)

Vista de Mare
    • Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

Schooner's: Another Great Place

by Basaic Written Oct 3, 2014

$14 in July 2014. This is a nice restaurant with pretty nice decor. The service was good too, my waitress was from Macedonia and had a neat accent. This is a great place to eat but not quite as good as Alberto’s (in my opinion). Hours are 11 AM to 11 PM Monday through Thursday, 11 AM to 12 AM Friday and Saturday, and 11 AM to 10 PM on Sunday. Nice place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Cheese Ravioli with Marinara Sauce.

Schooner's
    • Wine Tasting

Alberto's: Great Italian Food

by Basaic Written Oct 3, 2014

$22 in July 2014. This is a nice restaurant with pretty decor. The menu features a variety of Italian dishes along with seafood and chicken. Good wine list too. The service was good too, my waitress was efficient, very cute and was from the Ukraine. Hours are 11:30 AM to "closing" daily. Nice place too eat; but a little expensive.

Favorite Dish: My Veal Parmigiana was excellent

Alberto's Restaurant
    • Wine Tasting

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Caffe Gelato Bertini: We are Gelato Lovers

by 807Wheaton Updated Sep 15, 2013

It was easy to find Caffe Gelato Bertini in Hyannis because we saw two young girls walking on the sidewalk eating something out of small bowls near the the place. We had a hard time deciding what to get because of all the beautifully presented choices, and then we wound up getting the same thing! Paid $8.00 for two small cups. Very tasty. Owners were friendly and chatty about their adventures.

• Seniors
    • Beaches

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

British Beer Company: Great selection of beers, and all British treats

by Bunsch Updated Apr 19, 2011

A friend and I decided to sample BBC after some local friends claimed that it was one of their favorite haunts. We arrived on a Saturday evening, but early enough so that there wasn't an endless wait. The staff was attentive and friendly, explaining the various unfamiliar items on the menu and encouraging us to try them -- and the advice was excellent, as we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Portions are large, so don't hesitate to split an entree if you aren't arriving with a robust appetite! There is, naturally, a large selection of beers and ales which complement the pub fare. Our server claimed that desserts were fabulous, but we'd run out of stomach and time at that point so I can't verify the recommendation.

Favorite Dish: I had perfectly crisped (and deliciously breaded) fish and chips, which arrived not only with a large helping of fried potatoes but also several huge onion rings and cole slaw. I'd definitely get it again, but the pasty selection (see my Munising, Michigan page) also looked intriguing. My companion tried the chicken-and-leek version and gave it a rave review.

• School Holidays
    • Beer Tasting

• Acapulco's: Don't expect an authentic experience

by skymom1 Written Oct 16, 2008

I love Mexican food and was truly looking forward to a great experience. Unfortuantely I did not GET that great experience.

The food was of poor quality and seemed microwaved. Pricing was TOO high based on quality.

Restaurant could use a good scrubbing and a handyman.

Favorite Dish: not good.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

One last chance at a clam!!

by Pawtuxet Written Jul 14, 2006

This is another of those classic "clam shacks" of Cape Cod. This one is at the canal road on the mainland side of the canal. It's the last chance to grab a clam roll or a mile long hot dog before you leave the Cape area. It is within view of the Bourne bridge. Decent food for a quick stop.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Black Cat Food & Spirits

by Pawtuxet Written Jul 13, 2006

Local recommendation has it that this is the place to go for a 5 star dinner....with all the fixins'. Of course you would expect great seafood here. It's across the street from where the fishing boats dock.

• SeaBreezeUSA's Profile Photo

Terra-Cotta's Mexitaly Bistro: Terra-Cotta's Mexitaly Bistro

by SeaBreezeUSA Written Aug 24, 2002

The price and portions were great to me. I also liked the atmosphere. I would highly recommend this place.

Favorite Dish: I had the Blackened Yellowfin Tuna Steak topped with a red curry/mango sauce, Mexican rice and vegetablefor $15.95. and Angie had the BBQ Mixed Grill consisting of chicken breast, pork chop and baby back ribs with seasoned fries, French bread and vegetables for $14.95. All meals come with a salad also!!

Instant Answers: Hyannis

Comments

Hyannis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hyannis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hyannis sightseeing.