Hyannis Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Hyannis

• One-Way Streets

by witchdocktor Written Jun 29, 2004

Here is a mistake I see once or twice daily on Main Street, Hyannis... people driving the wrong way. Yes folks, it is in fact a one-way street. Please look for tell-tale signs such as (gasp) street signs, lights facing oncoming traffic and such. Running parallel to Main Street is South Street, also one-way but in the opposite direction. North Street on the other hand is either direction.

• zoegoddess's Profile Photo

Cape Cod driving

by zoegoddess Written Sep 8, 2006

I know I may not be a Cape Cod local, but having spent 2.5 months out of every year there ever since I was an infant has made me more than just a "glorified tourist." So please, this is just a little driving tip/observation. Be very wary that with all the locals and tourists driving in the summer that there may be a little less following of street laws and right-of-ways. I've noticed that people may not even care if there is oncoming traffic and they are trying to turn left, they'll just do it, hoping that oncoming traffic will just stop for them regardless. This can be dangerous, even if you are used to driving in a big city! Sure, I'm not an expert, but I'm just saying that when driving, just be extra cautious, as if you were riding a motorcycle...be extra aware of your surroundings.

Be safe! But enjoy all the beauty Cape Cod has to offer!

Instant Answers: Hyannis

Comments

Hyannis Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Hyannis warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hyannis sightseeing.