Lenox Restaurants

by garridogal

Best Rated Restaurants in Lenox

The Red Lion Inn: Historic Inn

by apbeaches Written Jul 15, 2008

We sat in the beautiful courtyard on a beautiful day. The service was impecable, everything we ordered was wonderful. We enjoyed walking around the Inn; the big porch, antique elevator & gift shop were well done.

Favorite Dish: The fish & chips & eggplant dish were wonderful.

Elizabeth's: Off the Beaten Path

by apbeaches Updated Jul 15, 2008

I felt like we were visiting Tom the owner & chef's home. He had an open kitchen & a relaxed & casual ambiance. The menu was very creative & poetic. Service was attentive & friendly. Entree's were huge & delicious. A memorable evening!

Favorite Dish: Our rustic bread was warm & good. The huge salad was a meal in itself with fresh veggies, cheese and fruit in a vinaigrette. I loved my baked eggplant, it was fried & smothered but baked with portabello's in a wonderful red sauce. My husband enjoyed his lasagna. Entree's were $19.50 cash, checks or IOU's. Wine list was reasonable with most in the $20. range.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

The Cranwell Inn: Bring on the Maple Syrup!

by garridogal Updated Jan 31, 2007
    The happy couple and us

There was a brunch for the guests, the day after the wedding, which we attended. I had put all the food I wanted on my plate but when I attempted to put maple syrup on just my French Toast, the jug opening got stuck at first. When it did open, it poured SO much syrup out that it got all over ALL my food! I thought about chucking it and starting all over but then decided that I'd just eat it like that.

Scrambled eggs and maple syrup has NOT become a favorite of mine consequently.

• Luxury Travel
    • Spa and Resort

Xicohtencatl Mexican Restaurant: Between Lenox & Great Barrington

by apbeaches Updated Jul 15, 2008

We enjoyed sitting on the terrace, it was colorful & a beautiful day! I'm sorry we didn't wait :10 and eat at Baba Louis, a local legend in Great Barrington - next time!

Favorite Dish: Small dish of salsa was mainly chopped tomatoes & onions. The half basket of chips wasn't exciting and just made us hungrier waiting :30 for our entrees. I had a chicken special that was a pile of soggy chips in a green tomatillo sauce with some shreaded chicken mixed in. I guess I'm glad I didn't eat any more chips. My husband ordered soft taco's without sour cream & refried beans. He requested black beans or a salad instead; but he got the refried beans. The tequilla's & margarita's were more expensive than the entrees!

Dakota Steak House: Wonderful Salad Bar

by apbeaches Written Nov 11, 2008

Usual steak bar, hopping with people. Our waitress was a bit disorganized, forgetful & confused. Smaller portions of steaks were reasonable and well portioned. My house cut prime rib was cooked to perfection, but when I looked carefully a piece was chopped out of it.

Favorite Dish: Enjoyed the salad bar, nice selection of veggies & dressings.

Cakewalk: Delicious Bakery & Cafe

by apbeaches Written Nov 11, 2008

Charming bakery with cafe tables. Clean, warm, cozy & delicious. Everything was better than expected, we enjoyed the large window overlooking Main Street. People were friendly, service was good; can't wait to go back!

Favorite Dish: Enjoyed the french onion soup, sandwiches, quiche's, salads, coffee & baked goods.

Instant Answers: Lenox

Comments

Lenox Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lenox restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lenox sightseeing.