Lexington Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lexington

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Starbucks Coffee: just a short stop for a bite

by davecallahan Written Jun 30, 2007

Starbucks is a world famous coffee house for which we happen to have a gift card.

So, when you are strapped for time and need a quick bite, what better place to stop than here. They carry some delicious scones (not quite English but close) and a variety of muffins and coffee cakes and bagels. So we stepped up to the counter and order coffee, scone, bagel and cinnamon twist to go and we were gone in under 10 minutes.

The only trouble with getting coffee to go is that is always too hot to drink, while you are driving, for at least 10 minutes. By then your mouth is all dried out from the scone and you burn your tongue on the coffee. But that is the trials and tribulations of taking a vacation.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Ixtapa: Ixtapa Mexican Restaurant

by KarenandCory Updated Sep 13, 2006

I was broken hearted to discover my favortie Greek restaurant, The Athenian, was gone. I cursed the Ixtapa Coming Soon sign everytime we drove by. But when Ixtapa finally opened I was delighted to find a wonderful Mexican restuarant.
    On our first visit the waiter became impatient when we didn't order immediately and he decided to take it upon himself to tell us what we were ordering. It was amusing so we let him do his thing and he hooked us up with a couple of Combo Ixtapas. The Ixtapa Combo comes with a choice of three; Enchilada, Chimichanga, Chile Relleno, Tostada, Burrito, or Taco.
    We've been back several times since and are well on our way to becomming regulars.

• Seniors

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Mario's Italian Restaurant: Leave pretentious Lexington atmosphere at the door

by KarenandCory Written Sep 17, 2005

Mario's is a small, unassuming restaurant in Lexington Center. Lexington is known for it's pretentious, snobby people and a casual and inexpensive Italian restaurant seems out of place in touristy Lexington Center. The food is decent and so cheap! The service is okay, the waitresses aren't overly friendly. They usually look scared and/or pissed off when they take your order but by the end of the meal they tend to warm up a bit. They aren't to be blamed, the average local patron is rude and condescending.

Favorite Dish: Raviolis
    Meatballs

• Bertucci's: Brick Oven Pizzaria

by peach93 Updated Feb 7, 2005

Bertucci's

A Boston area chain, Bertucci's is also one of my favorite places to eat. They offer excellent brick oven pizzas as well as a whole range of authentic Italian fare. Their espresso and desserts are great as well, along with their list of Italian wines. Perhaps the best thing here though is that the prices are very reasonable.

Al Fresco Dining in the Summer Months. Eat in or Take Out Menu.

• Peets Coffee: My Favorite Coffee Place

by peach93 Written Feb 6, 2005

Peets Coffee

This is my #1 favorite coffee place. Often I will drive the 15 mins down the highway to meet friends here rather than get a cup more locally because I love it so much. The coffee here is in the style of an old Boston area chain called The Coffee Connection--which was the BEST--that was bought out by Starbucks in the late 90's. In fact there is a Starbucks a few doors down from here and it's never as crowded as this place is.

Favorite Dish: The coffee is excellent, but I also love the hot chocolate.

• Lemon Grass: Authentic Thai Cuisine

by peach93 Updated Feb 6, 2005

Lemon Grass

This is one of my most favorite places to eat, as well as my favorite Thai restaurant. The food is awesome and the prices are reasonable. One funny fact about this place is that once upon a time it was a colonial muffin house--and my step-sister worked there when she was in high school! You can still see evidence of its former life in the interior decor.

Favorite Dish: The tofu pad thai is my favorite along with the tofu triangles, but I have never had anything here that I haven't liked.

Instant Answers: Lexington

Comments

Lexington Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lexington restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lexington sightseeing.