Marblehead Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Marblehead

• paulscuba's Profile Photo

Three Cod Tavern: More good seafood

by paulscuba Written Jun 1, 2015

As we had a restless 2 year old after a day out in Salem we tried a less conventional meal of appetizers. We had the clam chowder which was good but I like my cream based chowder a little thicker. Had plenty of clam though. We had the Lobster Mac and Cheese. Plenty of lobster claw meat in this dish. Fairly large serving for an appetizer. The fish tacos were 2 small tortillas with 2 lightly battered fish fillets on each tortilla, some salsa for kick and lime. Fish was fried well. Finally the crab stuffed mushrooms, not bad but I've had better. Might pass on the mushrooms next time. Place was not too loud and service was ok though they get bonus points for the bread save when the 2 yr old was near melt down and the requested break basket showed up quickly. We liked this place as it gave us room to manage our little one and we noticed many children eating here.

Menu though it is not current. http://www.threecodtavern.com/menu.php

Favorite Dish: Lobster Mac & cheese. I just like simple decadence. Plenty of lobster to taste with the mac & cheese.

• paulscuba's Profile Photo

The Barnacle: Small and Cozy

by paulscuba Written Jun 1, 2015

Restaurant is not very large and does not take reservations. It has a small outside deck of 2 seat tables you can sit at. We sat at a bar level table that faces the water which made it easier to handle a restless 2 yr old. As it was raining the outside seating though covered was not a good place to be. We had the baked haddock and baked Scallops. Both meals were good simply prepared meals. Nothing fancy, just wine and butter with some bread crumbs. Seating area is a tight fit so if you are a bigger person or don't like tight confines, go off peak dinner hour or find another place. They do have fresh lobster in season as the owner has his own lobster pots. Including the menu for your convenience. http://www.viewmenu.com/barnacle/menu

• Fewf's Profile Photo

The Driftwood: Classic New England Breakfast

by Fewf Written Nov 2, 2006

This is New England. A comparatively tiny orange wooden shack open from 5:30 AM until 3 PM. Breakfast will run you $5, give or take a dollar or two. All sorts of New England stuff all over the walls and ceiling. You'll like the feel, no matter who you are. When I went, there was one waitress serving everyone, so the service wasn't the fastest even though she was running around as if she were on fire. She was, nevertheless, amazingly polite, and got everything right.

Favorite Dish: I saw "Pancakes: Blueberry, Banana, Chocolate Chip" on the menu and asked for it, not realizing that I was supposed to choose one of the three. This didn't faze the waitress, who brought me pancakes with all three ingredients. Possibly the best pancakes I've ever had.

My companion for this breakfast got a mushroom omelet, which had not been cooked quite to the point of hardness on the inside. Didn't suit his tastes, though I personally prefer them that way.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Barnacle: Great View, Food Leaves Alot To Be Desired

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Aug 6, 2006

This was really pretty awful food. How can you go wrong with mussels, really? But what an utter dissapointment. I am comparing them to my favorite restaurant in Forest Hills, NY, and that place isn't sitting on the water. But they are a hundred times better there. So don't order the mussels. Probably best to stick with a lobster roll if you want to spend that much money. It did look good with huge chunks of lobster. Or you can just get a burger or a dog.

The apple pie was absolutely terrible.

The best part of this restaurant is that you are sitting right there over looking the harbor and it is absolutely the most peaceful and relaxing way to spend a Sunday after noon. I admit that I love being around water and boats (though not on them), so any time I am in the vicinity of it I feel wonderful. If it doesn't mean anything to you, stay away from this restaurant.

I am checking very satisfied NOT BASED ON THE FOOD, but based on the extremely pleasant experience I had sitting on the deck overlooking the water.

Favorite Dish: Lousy apple pie.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Marblehead

Comments

Marblehead Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Marblehead restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marblehead sightseeing.