Marblehead Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Marblehead

• Fewf's Profile Photo

The Driftwood: Classic New England Breakfast

by Fewf Written Nov 2, 2006

This is New England. A comparatively tiny orange wooden shack open from 5:30 AM until 3 PM. Breakfast will run you $5, give or take a dollar or two. All sorts of New England stuff all over the walls and ceiling. You'll like the feel, no matter who you are. When I went, there was one waitress serving everyone, so the service wasn't the fastest even though she was running around as if she were on fire. She was, nevertheless, amazingly polite, and got everything right.

Favorite Dish: I saw "Pancakes: Blueberry, Banana, Chocolate Chip" on the menu and asked for it, not realizing that I was supposed to choose one of the three. This didn't faze the waitress, who brought me pancakes with all three ingredients. Possibly the best pancakes I've ever had.

My companion for this breakfast got a mushroom omelet, which had not been cooked quite to the point of hardness on the inside. Didn't suit his tastes, though I personally prefer them that way.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Barnacle: Great View, Food Leaves Alot To Be Desired

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Aug 6, 2006

This was really pretty awful food. How can you go wrong with mussels, really? But what an utter dissapointment. I am comparing them to my favorite restaurant in Forest Hills, NY, and that place isn't sitting on the water. But they are a hundred times better there. So don't order the mussels. Probably best to stick with a lobster roll if you want to spend that much money. It did look good with huge chunks of lobster. Or you can just get a burger or a dog.

The apple pie was absolutely terrible.

The best part of this restaurant is that you are sitting right there over looking the harbor and it is absolutely the most peaceful and relaxing way to spend a Sunday after noon. I admit that I love being around water and boats (though not on them), so any time I am in the vicinity of it I feel wonderful. If it doesn't mean anything to you, stay away from this restaurant.

I am checking very satisfied NOT BASED ON THE FOOD, but based on the extremely pleasant experience I had sitting on the deck overlooking the water.

Favorite Dish: Lousy apple pie.

• Singles
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Marblehead

Comments

Marblehead Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Marblehead restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marblehead sightseeing.