Martha's Vineyard Restaurants

It's a busy spot

Most Recent Restaurants in Martha's Vineyard

Linda Jean's Restaurant in Oak Bluffs: Tasty Family Style Dining

Cozy booths.

Although I enjoyed my meal here I probably wouldn't pick it for a dinner again. Aside from the fact that you can't have a glass of wine with your meal, by dinnertime the floors had quite a bit of spilled french fries and other food items from the lunch hour. I guess this is what you have to expect from a family-style place.

Favorite Dish: The good news is that my dinner was really tasty. I had a baked scrod with a lobster and scallop sauce. The sauce was creamy but not overly and went beautifully with the fresh mashed potatoes. And, as you can see, they'll give you a lot of food.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Waterside Market in Vineyard Haven: Now THAT'S a sandwich!

by garridogal Updated Aug 2, 2012

Go on, drool if you wanna

We asked a local about a good lunch spot and they sent us to the Waterside Market. It was bustling and there was a line to order food but we lucked out and got a table almost right away. Although you can do take out, it was so cute in here that we really wanted to enjoy our food at one of their tables.

Favorite Dish: We got sandwiches. Big, honking, I'm on vacation and don't care to eat healthy, sandwiches! Mine had roast beef, brie, and their Waterside sauce on wonderful fresh baked bread. It's called French Quarter and I did supress the urge to say "Ooh la la, that's a mother of a sandwich!"

Tisberry: Tis Tasty!

Tis their emblem

Twas a hot 'n sunny day. In spite of gigantic sandwiches we'd had for lunch we wanted something refreshing. We saw a sign for Tisberry and followed it down a small street off Main. My friends had some Arnold Palmers (iced tea and lemonade) but I opted for a coconut yogurt.

Favorite Dish: The frozen yogurt is the sour type that is becoming popular now. I find I really like that style so I enjoyed it. They also have a lovely outdoor seating area. This is very nice when you've been shopping all morning and your tootsies hurt.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Seafood Shanty - Edgartown: The Crabcakes were Yummy!

by garridogal Written Jul 28, 2012

Had our last dinner on the island at Seafood Shanty restaurant. It's a lovely setting, right by the water, on the harbor. It was too chilly to sit on the roofdeck but luckily we got a table in their back room which is covered in windows. So we all had a view of the water as the sun was setting.

Favorite Dish: Two of us had the crabcakes which were delcious and very satisfying. The third person had the swordfish and she said it was a little dry. When the manager, who was walking around to ask folks about their meals, asked us about ours, she offered to bring her something different. My friend declined but isn't it nice to know that the offer of a change was offered?

• Wine Tasting

Menemsha Fish Market: Hot Lobster Roll Heaven

by garridogal Written Jul 28, 2012

Look for the red, white, and blue fish

I went for it - the $20 hot lobster roll. And I knew this was the place to do it. Menemsha Fish Market is a market with a take-out counter. Okay, they also have a little corner with souvenirs. But what better souvenir can you get than the memory of an awesome meal?

• Fishing

The Wharf: Yummy Local Seafood in Edgartown

by garridogal Updated Jul 27, 2012

So nautical...

So, we hit this place, after having arrived at the Vineyard on an 8:00 am ferry. I'd been awake since 4:30 and surprisingly didn't have a very large appetite. So I decided to have a light lunch of steamed mussels, a salad, and big fat Bloody Mary. I was on vacation, afterall.

Favorite Dish: The mussels were very tasty and the salad was a basic salad. I tasted my friend's chowder and it was really good and bacony. She raved about the lobster roll and I can't remember what my other friend had but she said that it too was very tasty.

And, the bloody was bloody wonderful.

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Offshore Ale Company: good fresh clams and good mussels

by dustmon Written Dec 14, 2010

Nice local vibe in wintertime at the Offshore Ale Company in Oak Bluff. I ordered mussels (not local) and she got the local Idlewild clams and the other kind which I cant remember the name. The smaller ones were really sweet and delicious raw, with a little horseradish and ketchup---the mussels were full of garlic and herbs---also sweet and delicious! Great staff---knowledgeable and friendly. The beers are all good--we tried 3-4 different local ones....
    Good prices and good vibes.

Favorite Dish: fresh local oysters with horseradish sauce.

• Beer Tasting

• Back door donuts: awesome donuts

by lemonlimegirl Written Jul 13, 2010

if your in oak bluffs after dinner, look for the post office square find the gourmet bakery and go around the backside ( past the post office) you'll see a door with a line of people by a door. they have donuts for 1.00 and filled ones for 1.25, also an assortment of pastries ( fried dough and apple fritters ), everything is fresh out of the oven.

Favorite Dish: The best by far is the apple fritter, they are always warm. I would advise that you split one with someone else, or save half for a treat the next day.

• yaya15923's Profile Photo

Island House: How is this place still in business?

by yaya15923 Written Aug 18, 2009

Heard Nancy's was good but there was a wait and we needed to catch the last ferry back to the mainland. The Island House was able to seat us immediately so we decided to try it and hope for the best. I rarely and I mean rarely write negative reviews but this dining experience was absolutely horrific so I felt the need to do my part and if anything management will read this and look into making some changes.

First the manager comes out while we were looking over the menu and recommends some lobster special, ok, great, he's attentive, wants to push the lobster, whatever. Then our waitress comes by to take our drink order - should not have waited as long as we did for drinks (the place was not busy). When the drinks arrived we asked for sweetener for our ice teas, never came, we had to ask twice. Three of us ordered the lobster bisque as starters and at the same time we placed our main course orders. I ordered fried clams, two friends ordered fried shrimp, my mom orders scallops. The food came out within a reasonable amount of time but we had ordered soups didn't we? So when we asked our waitress where the soups were she said "oh, they'll be out, you wanted them first? As an appetizer?" We said "yes, they are listed under appetizers." So back to the main dishes...my friends said the shrimp dishes were good but there were only six on the plate over a mountain of french fries. My fried clams...they looked like those fried onion strings, there was nothing to them and they were rubbery. Honestly, the fried clams at Friendly's are amazing compared to these. The soup arrives and it's the consistency of water, ok, maybe a little thicker with a few bits of lobster. We couldn't even eat it. After we are done eating we tell the waitress the soup is awful, we couldn't eat it and she doesn't say anything just takes our dishes and soups away.

So when a customer complains and obviously it's a genuine complaint because the soup was not even touched, either a) the manager comes over and apologizes b) the waiter comes over to inform us that we would not be charged for the soups. Well nothing was said, the waitress just returns to clear the rest of the table. One of our friends decides to speak out and asks the waitress if we are being charged for the soups and she doesn't say a word just walks away. She's gone for a while and when we finally received the bill the soups had in fact been deducted. I do need to add that a woman at the table directly behind us sent her entire meal back and refused to order anything else, we heard her say "something needs to be mentioned to the cook" but that's all we heard. The manager did not come out to apologize to her either.

Management was so eager to personally suggest the specials but when there was a problem they would run and hide. This was not about going there on an "off" night. This establishment has some serious issues and they need to be addressed immediately.

• Katama General Store: Picnic on the Beach

by Becky77 Written Feb 7, 2008

One of my all-time favorite things to do on Martha's Vineyard is picnic on the beach. What is it about a day at the beach that makes one sooo famished? There's nothing better than stopping by the Katama General Store in Edgartown to pick up a boxed lunch...particularly their succulent lobster rolls. This quaint general store not only has a variety of gourmet goodies but also the essentials... beach toys, Vineyardy stuff, cool beach totes. Then I head to South Beach, which is only about half a mile down the road for some good food, good surf and sun.

• Beaches

• The Black Dog: Best Breakfast!

by tilly6 Written Dec 28, 2007

Oceanfront, cozy atmosphere, lots of old wooden ship signs hung thoughout, sometimes a long wait but if you get there early its not too bad. You wait right outside next to the ocean (not too bad!) great time to get the all time favorite black dog shirt.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Egg McDog with regular bacon instead of Canadian, poached egg on a toasted english muffin, strips of bacon covered in a layer of melted cheese. Also would recomend Homefries Deluxe I and the pancakes are the best ever!

• bandit76's Profile Photo

NET RESULT: You MUST try NET RESULT for LOBSTER!

by bandit76 Written Oct 20, 2007

We had to have the much talked about lobster...so we drove just down the street from where we were staying (Mansion House) and saw a little place with picnic tables outside and inside, tanks of fresh lobsters. It's not fancy, but it's exactly what we were looking for!

Favorite Dish: steamed lobster OR lobster roll, they also had good clam chowder and sushi.
    You can get food/dishes/dips to go there too.

• GIGS BISTRO at OUTERLAND: Food that rocks!

by islandsis Updated May 8, 2007

GIGS BISTRO at Outerland

GIGS BISTRO is the new restaurant located at OUTERLAND -- the Vineyard's funky live music nightclub at the Martha's Vineyard airport. The food is excellent! The theme is music obviously -- the wine list is written inside CD cases and
    the candle holders are little wire sculptures of instruments. The atmosphere is really fun -- the restaurant is located in the front part of the club and at 9:30pm on show nights, the curtain opens to the main room with the stage -- you can buy tickets to the show right at your table if you'd like (shows are 18+). There are 2 menus to choose from -- very creative, affordable (for the island) and everything we had was delicious. The bar menu has inexpensive salads and sandwiches -- the chicken wings and the "sliders" (mini burgers) are the best on the island. Service was excellent, attentive and friendly. The background music was great, as you'd expect in a music venue. We were practically dancing in our seats. This would be alot of fun to bring the family for dinner -- especially teenagers. It's almost like the Vineyard's version of the HARD ROCK CAFE -- but with better food! The restaurant is open from 6-9pm but the bar menu is
    available later on show nights.

Favorite Dish: The salmon was served on these little potato cakes with a sauce that was to die for! The sliders are mini beef burgers
    with caramelized onions and jack cheese -- unbelieveable!

• Music

• RekaD's Profile Photo

Sand Bar & Grille: Have drinks with your toes in the sand!

by RekaD Written Jun 29, 2006

Sand Bar & Grille

If you take one of the ferry's that land you in Oak Bluffs, and you're ready for a snack when you arrive, the Sand Bar & Grille is a great spot to start! The outdoor bar and tables are set right in the sand. Order a cocktail, appetizer, or even a full meal. With views of the harbor, you'll know you've arrived on Martha's! In case of rain or cooler weather, there is also an indoor dining and bar area.

Favorite Dish: Seafood, seafood, seafood! Their menu also has salads, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, fish and chicken entrees, and sushi!

• RekaD's Profile Photo

Nancy's Restaurant: Most Recommended Seafood

by RekaD Written Jun 26, 2006

Nancy's Restaurant, Oak Bluffs

For outdoor, casual dining and/or cocktails, try Nancy's Snackbar. Or, if you're looking for something a little more up-scale (which on the Vineyard is still pretty casual!), try Nancy's Upstairs. The seafood is delicious, and set right on the Oak Bluffs Harbor, the views are gorgeous. If you can, make it here at sunset.

Upstairs you'll find a bar and a lounge area; in the lounge is a big screen TV for watching the Red Sox.

What we also loved about Nancy's was the music--the Snackbar featured Jimmy Buffet-esque tunes; the upstairs dining room played upbeat '80s music the night we were there.

Favorite Dish: We were in the mood for steamers the night we found Nancy's. We asked four different people, for recommendations, and every one of them said Nancy's. We were not disappointed. The wine list was reasonable as well.

Instant Answers: Martha's Vineyard

Comments

Martha's Vineyard Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Martha's Vineyard restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Martha's Vineyard sightseeing.

View all Martha's Vineyard hotels