Newburyport Restaurants

GROG!
    by TempNomad

Best Rated Restaurants in Newburyport

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

The GROG: Lots of seafood, steak, and pasta..and live music!

by TempNomad Written Aug 1, 2003

GROG!

I mean, could a restaurant name be more fun to say? GROG.

It's cozy, yet huge. It's multi-leveled...all wood. It serves a large selection of beer, and has root beer, too! The specials change every day; there's always a lot of seafood included. I had a very nice pasta dish, and my meat-eating friends were happy with steak tips and other various animal products. All in all, a happy bunch.

Favorite Dish: If you are into seafood, I'd think the clam chowder or another fish special would be necessary. The fries were good, though!

• garridogal's Profile Photo

The Grog: Wierd coincidence or what?

by garridogal Written Jul 23, 2006

#3 would not be the charm

I came up to Newburyport around 7 years ago or so and ate at The Grog. I wasn't impressed with it then nor was I this time around. So the fact that I've eaten there two out of the maybe three times that I've visited this city, really makes me wonder what I 've done to deserve this?

Actually, the food is not bad here. It's look is tired and so is it's staff. The restaurant was basically empty yet we had to remind the waitress to bring us place settings, take our orders, etc. And although I appreciate that they're trying to keep a historic look to the place, the old tables and booths need a re-do and the bathroom was a mess.

Favorite Dish: I had a cup of clam chowder which was tasty but it was watery and the clam to potato ratio could be worked on. I also had a lobster salad which was very good and well prepared.

• Starboard Galley: The best catfish I ever tasted

by PackRat4007 Written Feb 10, 2007

I love the seafood at Starboard Galley. It is always fresh, but the other day I had their "special" catfish. It was by far the best I have ever had. I wish this was a regular on their menu. But I have eaten here many times and I have never had anything I didn't like. The people and service are above average as well.

Favorite Dish: Catfish!

Instant Answers: Newburyport

Comments

Newburyport Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Newburyport restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Newburyport sightseeing.